• (4 Pages)
  • +

Jedi Religion Sweet!

#31 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

These people are nuts. I've known about the Jedi religion for years, but I really don't just get why anyone would want to take a philosophy from a movie and turn it into a Real Life concept... The Force doesn't exist, and given what the prequels did to Star Wars, I don't even THINK being a Jedi is cool anymore!

#32 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE (Paladin @ May 31 2005, 06:06 PM)
These people are nuts.

Um... you've gotten your n-words mixed up. They are not nuts, but nerds...poor, poor nerds.
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#33 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:31 PM

Well, whatever they are, being so attached to a game or movie or whatever is just plain wrong. I like a lot of games and movies, but I would never allow them to get me thinking into really being able to do the stuff I watch!!

#34 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Paladin @ May 31 2005, 07:31 PM)
Well, whatever they are, being so attached to a game or movie or whatever is just plain wrong. I like a lot of games and movies, but I would never allow them to get me thinking into really being able to do the stuff I watch!!

It's what makes people like L. Ron Hubbard and GL very rich men, the ability to pull a "jedi mind trick" on impressionable and weak minded people.

#35 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

Well, well well! The Senate and People of Rome decided to pay a vist! tongue.gif

Good point there SPQR, I always did wonder whether those large company really did have a mind control machine that works on fanboys and the like to buy their stuff and become dedicated fans for the rest of their lives even if such stuff were originally intended for teens and other young people.

But then again, marketing is supposed to do that sort of thing...

#36 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:50 PM

like i said, i doubt there is a single person who puts jedi down as their religion who i coudn't beat in a fight...

there for i should be their leader...

actually no, wait...

what am i going to do with a billion nerds who'll probably immolate themselves trying to build a lightsabre out of a flourecent light tube, and petrol???

-disregard.

#37 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

"I signed my likeness away. Every time I look in the mirror, I have to send Lucas a couple of bucks." -Carrie Fisher

"I have a sneaking suspicion that if there were a way to make movies without actors, George (Lucas) would do it." - Mark Hamill

"He [Lucas] doesn't really understand the nature of acting. He's like 'It's right there, it's right there. I wrote it, it's there, just do it.' But you can't just do it that easily." - Harrison Ford

They actually said that? Gee, and I thought the actors would have been really happy with GL for making them so famous.

But I guess GL is still a fool.

By the way, I once read a quote from Alec Guiness saying that he thought Star Wars was a load of crap or something to that effect.

#38 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

His words were claptrap.
I think his opinion of them considerably lessened when they asked him to be a ghost, but he enjoyed himself enough in Star Wars.

#39 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:49 AM

Actually, I think Paladin is right. I read an article some time ago saying that he basically hated this film and did it only for his measly 100 000 $ fee, because he was stuck for cash at that time. Still, if he did hate it, it doeas not show and he did a splendid job.

And I don't know about Carrie's quote, never heard it before, but Ford's and Hamill's quotes are genuine 100%.

#40 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Paladin @ May 31 2005, 07:57 PM)
Well, well well! The Senate and People of Rome decided to pay a vist! tongue.gif

Yes, yes to the dismay of the ever-cowering nerd, I am here to roil the waves, act curmudgeonly rebuke contemptuosly, and post wontonly...

All Hail your leader!

AVE SPQR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:25 AM

I beg you pardon? Who exactly are you calling ever-cowering nerd?

#42 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jun 1 2005, 01:49 PM)
Actually, I think Paladin is right. I read an article some time ago saying that he basically hated this film and did it only for his measly 100 000 $ fee, because he was stuck for cash at that time. Still, if he did hate it, it doeas not show and he did a splendid job.

Sir Alec, being a sir for whatever that's worth, needed to save face in his circle of artistes and royal sycophants by panning his stoop into childish scifi films devoid of artistic merit.

He was a whore for money and work, and bit the hand that fed him to preserve face.

He was excellent, and is still my favorite SW actor nonetheless.

#43 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jun 1 2005, 05:25 PM)
I beg you pardon? Who exactly are you calling ever-cowering nerd?

Ummm...geeze, I suppose those dismayed by presence? blushing.gif

#44 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:35 AM

dismay - v [T] to make someone feel worried , disappointment and upset.

Well, hardly that. I tend to ignore users who make posts like you've just did, but please try not to say anything more preposterous.

#45 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

Don't worry, he will. Just ignore him, he's a troll, and has been causing problems everywhere. Mostly by saying we're all nerds, then posting 81% of his stuff in the Star Wars forum.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size