Chefelf.com Night Life: lion licks little league - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

lion licks little league a few days ago, so sue me...

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:28 AM

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion

Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city’s coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they “… could out-wit and out-muscle [it].”

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

BBC article

42 Barends Maybe...
42 midgets? not even slighly...

There's a reason these things are the kings of the jungle!!!

there is footage on the net from and old doco, where a tiger jumps on the back of a crocodile and kicks it's ass...

honestly... when will people learn? Don't fuck with animals that weight over 6 times more than you...

This post has been edited by barend: 16 May 2005 - 03:29 AM

#2 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:31 AM

HA! Bloody Hell thats gutbustingly funny... that just totally rocks - a midget fighting league going in a rumble against a lion and having their butts handed to them on a platter... err - the 28 'dead' midgets, were they killed or just put out of the fight? Cause otherwise some very brave midgets died for a pretty shonky cause.

"when will people learn? Don't fuck with animals that weight over 6 times more than you..."

more than that, cause they was midgets.

#3 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:00 AM

This 'news story' is destined to go down as one of the nets greatest hoaxes, alongside what's in marcel wallace's briefcase, and the one about pop rocks.

Heh, but 40 midgets vs a lion.....Bloody class biggrin.gif
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:43 AM

wow. I'm glad this article is around to raise awareness.

of what I have no idea, but its definately raising awareness.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ May 16 2005, 05:00 AM)
This 'news story' is destined to go down as one of the nets greatest hoaxes...

dude, i've seen footage of a woman breast feeding a lion cub, a man trying to convert a bengal tiger to christianity by walking into its den, and many other crazy happenings...

this is no more a clever a hoax than telling someone that their mother called while they were out even though she didn't...

it's quite beleivable all things considered...

and this is a BBC article...

#6 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

Dearie me, I'd be absolutly horrified, if the idea of 42 midgets fighting a lion didn't sound so theoretically hilarious.

And a Midget Fighting League? I'll bet he's steamed that his entire league is rendered... incapacitated. Idiot.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:08 AM

if nothing else... i'm convinced now, when it comes time to fill the pit with a group of creatures to dwell below the trap door in my proposed study and confrontation room...

the creature of choice will now be lion.

#8 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:48 AM

Well, at least you can cross midgets off your list of things to worry about. But you're leaving yourself open to 19th centurary british hunters!
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#9 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 16 2005, 01:59 PM)
and this is a BBC article...

Nothing like riding off the back of Britians respectable journalists to add some credibility. The authors sources will probably turn up dead in the woods somewhere.....
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#10 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:24 PM

Either way, this is both the most disgusting (It's like going back to the fucking colloseum of ancient Greco-Roman times), and awesome (It's 42 midgets willingly giving up their lives for something so dumb). But that's about as BBC as this...

It's on a tripod page... Aren't we only supposed to put up real crappy news, not fake crap?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#11 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:01 PM

Bloody hell thats strange... still - the question as to whether the midgets died or not is still unanswered - were they just beaten to a pulp or were they actually killed.

And as for animals to keep under my throne room a la rancors and sharks with laser beams - I'm going wolverines. Nasty little blighters they are - I've seen a wolverine munch on a bears butt while the bear tried to climb up a tree screaming in pain... in fact, a spring-loaded wolverine gun would be a great anti-burglar weapon, though quolls, badgers and the occasional mongoose can be just as good in a pinch.

#12 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Mnesymone @ May 16 2005, 05:01 PM)
Bloody hell thats strange... still - the question as to whether the midgets died or not is still unanswered - were they just beaten to a pulp or were they actually killed.

What do you think they mean by 'dead'? No, they mean hurt, but they said dead. And let me state that this article is even better than the exploding whale. I mean, 42 midgets versus a lion? That's hardcore! I would pay a month's salary to see that.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

i went back to the original link...

it actually says BBC fake edition.

so right you are.... but it is a lame hoax. a good hoax is when you convince people to beleive in something unbelievable...

like i said before... this nestles in nicely between the lions den evangelist, and the breats feeding lion cub woman, which are both true...

hmmm... oh well i guess i got burnt...
next i'll be fooled into believing that paris hiltons favorite color is purple instaed of mauve...

bravo.

still.... good story. (best one we've had)

#14 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:41 PM

Aye, If only you hadn't included a link, none of us would have been any the wiser.

biggrin.gif
IPB Image

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

oh well...

so i suppose know the conversation is going to end...

you hyporcrits!!! you wouldn't stop having sex with a woman if you found out her breasts were fake!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size