Chefelf.com Night Life: Reason to hate Jango Fett - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Reason to hate Jango Fett I didn't find this in any of the reasons to hate Episode II.

#1 User is offline   Harvester of Eyes Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Post icon  Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:00 PM

[size=7]I think I've figured out why the stormtroopers in Episode VI were so easily beaten by the Ewoks: they didn't come from outstanding genetic stock to begin with. There is one scene in Episode II that stands out in my mind as the main reason why Jango Fett does not deserve to be called the galaxy's greatest bounty hunter. They're on Geonosis, Mace Windu has just lost his lightsaber, and Jango Fett has just gone down to fight him. Mace uses the Force to call his lightsaber to him. You might remember how when Jango fought Obi Wan, Obi Wan did the same thing, and Jango used his grappling hook to bind Obi Wan's wrists so that Obi Wan could not grab hold of his weapon. You'd think Jango would do the same thing to Mace on Geonosis, right? No, he conveniently forgets about his armor's accessories, and dives for the lightsaber, like a dumbass, which results in him landing facefirst in the dirt (again, like a dumbass). Or, since Mace apparently needs his lightsaber to block laser bolts, why doesn't Jango just blast him right then and there, before Mace has had a chance to take hold of his lightsaber? But as Chefelf pointed out in his review, if Jango had any brains he'd have killed either Anakin or Obi Wan on Coruscant.

I like to think that if Jango Fett left his son any money, Boba used it to enroll in some sort of Bounty Hunter School, where he could learn from someone with better experience.

#2 User is offline   georgelucas4greedo Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

Dont forget that he had the chance to kill both Jedi with a poison dart, but wasted it on that stupid changeling. But then again his goal was to kill Padme, which makes even less sense for him to be wasting his time on the changling chase. He could have used her as decoy and as the Jedi leave Padme's penthouse, he could have killed her while she was unprotected. But hey that offers way too much suspense. Id rather see Ainken jump 100000 feet onto a moving speeder than see something akin to the Datrh Vader faux-banquet from Empire Strikes Back.
It seems like everyone is over the nitpicking. Too bad.

#3 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

I liked Jango, but Boba was the best. He is one of my favorite characters.
OH NO!!!

#4 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

Jango sucked balls!!! THats what makes boba so cool. he is a clone that has to make a name for himself, and when his father dies, he hangs around the galaxy doing odd jobs and eventually brings back the mandalorians.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#5 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

Jango just requested $$$ compensation and an exact clone of himself for himself. That part always grossed me out, because I could imagine him saying "Hey, its not abouse, because its really an exact version of ME, so I'm really just hurting MYSELF!"

The Arena fight leads to a lot of questions. Anyone else in Jango's position would have gone to town pulling out all the stops that his suit had, poison arrows, flamethrower, etc, especially if you're going up against a Jedi. Overall, Jango and the way he carries on leads further evidence that Lucas designed the PT to wreck havoc with all the established coolness factor everything had in the OT. And his ship, the Slave I, which Boba inherits, manages to stay current and state of the art, holding its own among the others in the twenty year span (or maybe 25-30 year span from AOTC to ANH?) as other ships and weaponry appear to age.......

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

again...

lets do this step by step...

Ignoring the fact that Jenga's attempt on padme was intentionally crap, to lure obiwan to find the clone troops...

a bounty hunter hires a changling who programs a droid who opens a window to let in the carrion crawlers who climb into bed to kill padme in the house that jack built.

it suprises me that anikan and obiwan were so easily led down the primrose path...

why would a dude with both a jetpack and a rocket launcher do anything other than fly up to the damn window and blast the bitch and her bodyguards into a smoultering hole in the side of the building...

you would think one would be suspicious of such behaviour...

jenga brings out the stupid in everyone around him...

#7 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:10 PM

See i think if they made another trilogy, it should focus on boba, and him escaping the sarlaac, bringing back the mandalorians, and seeking revenge on mace windu(if he's still alive)
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

Boba fett was never mandelorian... he just wore their armor.

#9 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jan 31 2006, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See i think if they made another trilogy, it should focus on boba, and him escaping the sarlaac, bringing back the mandalorians, and seeking revenge on mace windu(if he's still alive)

... blink.gif I just realized you were being serious...

Your right! Boba Fett IS pretty cool!

rolleyes.gif

#10 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:24 AM

But that's EU flotsam, isn't it?

why would a dude with both a jetpack and a rocket launcher do anything other than fly up to the damn window and blast the bitch and her bodyguards into a smoultering hole in the side of the building...

you would think one would be suspicious of such behaviour...

Of course, you're going to get the ridiculous response that he finds "assassination" distasteful and hired someone else to do it. Of course, moments later he assassinates Zam Wessel. Just ridiculous.

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 01 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:18 PM

flotsam?

no i'm pretty sure that was either written on the back of the toy.

i have only read 1 and half timothy zahn books... that's my entire experience of EU and there was no mention of BF there...

so I'm drawing nothing from KOTOR or Zahn...

#12 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Feb 1 2006, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that's EU flotsam, isn't it?

But how much EU "flotsam" ended up driving the PT? The line has well and truly been severed in this regard. There's no telling who has what history anymore.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

I remember hearing a rumor that BF dressed in the uniform of the Mandelorians. I knew not one other scrap of info on BF (other than ESB and ROTJ, when I heard this early '90's) but it SOUNDED cool.

What I now know: I didn't really need to know any more to be curious and satisfied.

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 12 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

the worst thing is that we are seriously discussing this like its actual history...

i just realized i'm a geek and i've wasted too much of my life on this crap, when i could have devoted more time to the important things in life...

like Lord of the rings....

what is cannon? it's all bullshit and bollocks and bullshit on bollocks!!!

looking back most of what happened in the three descent movies we saw back in the day, were spur of the moment changes and open guesswork...

luke almost had leia, vader wasn't going to be lukes father, jabba was a man...

it all just a mess really...

This post has been edited by barend: 12 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

#15 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:56 AM

The Goonies ruled.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size