Chefelf.com Night Life: Hayden to overdub James Earl Jones? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Hayden to overdub James Earl Jones? A new, horrible, unsettling rumor!

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:51 AM

I just heard this rumor going around that for a future DVD re-release of the Star Wars trilogy, George Lucas intends to overdub all of James Earl Jones' dialogue with Hayden Christensen for "continuity" (there was also a tidbit about Hayden doing the big Darth's voice in ROTS). I like to think that even George Lucas would not be that stupid, since James Earl Jones' voice is a big part of Vader's identity (no disrespect intended to David Prowse), but at the same time its easy to imagine Lucas doing it.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:08 AM

Damn me if that happens! :yells:

#3 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

I find that highly unlikely, but who knows. There are certainly other alterations I wouldn't dismiss from Lucas future releases of the saga. Digitally replacing Sebastian Shaw with an aged Christensen for instance. I heard a rumour about including surface scenes when Alderaan blows up in episode IV. Maybe we get to see a Mofference too?

But then again, there is really nothing to salvage now. Whatever Lucas does to the OT in the future it is already way past intolerable, with the the most violently offensive rewrite being Haydens smug grin at the end of RotJ.

#4 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

If that happens, even the gushers will revolt against their saviour St. George (Or is that giving them too much credit?). James Earl Jones is Vader. Boba Fett's change on the DVD release sucked bad, but can you image Christensen speaking one of the most famous lines in movie history (No, I am your father) sick.gif. I'd rather see the OT destroyed completely than hear some of the thing Lucas plans to do on the super duper deluxe editions

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 30 April 2005 - 10:21 AM

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

We've heard Hayden whine. I would deem HC's SW demands (choking scene, torture scene, Motti, et al) unsuitable.

Well of course he's the chosen one with midichlorians. No other explanation would make sense.

I heard that GL was going to go back and RE-DO the prequel trilogy so it would be considered "Good" in the same category the OOT is.

Not really. And they'll all suck about the same before you know it.

#6 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

i like the subtle background changes in the OT special edition, and i like the digital remastering...but changing voices is too much(i was very upset by boba's change). this is one gusher who would revolt!

This post has been edited by xenduck: 30 April 2005 - 09:10 PM

Officer! officer! quick! all my money was stolen by a man in flannel!

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

Fuck it, let's go all the way! Change the dialogue! The real lines Lucas wanted were not allowed due to technological limits, but now that we have the CGI technology to do it we'll be treated to lines like:

"Luke, you are in my very soul tormenting me, come to the dark side!"

or "What if I told you that the rebel high command has been taken over by the Sith? Join me, and we will destroy them!"

or

"Blarg, Han Solo shot me and now I'm spinning... But it sure is a neat trick!"

and of course the ever popular "He will join us or I will force him into aggressive negotiations, my master."

But why stop there. Yoda is just not lovable and wise enough in the OT. Therefore there should never be a scene with him in it that dosnt have him making clever quips and rearanging peoples words.

"Oh, crashed your X wing did you. If practiced your flying as much as you do your wit you might rival your father!"

"Errmmm not for me this food is? Than for who is it? R2D2?"

"a smaller penis than I, you have."

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 30 April 2005 - 11:11 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#8 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:37 AM

hof...those comments would have been funny...if the topci didn't make me so sad.

i don't think lucas would do it....no way. can't happen.

#9 User is offline   The Scornful Roman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Apr 30 2005, 11:07 PM)
Fuck it, let's go all the way! Change the dialogue! The real lines Lucas wanted were not allowed due to technological limits, but now that we have the CGI technology to do it we'll be treated to lines like:

"Luke, you are in my very soul tormenting me, come to the dark side!"

That is so horrifying on so many different levels. sick.gif

#10 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

This has got to be a rumor just for the fact that James Earl Jones is such a big name, Lucas simply would never do that. He could do that with the stormtroopers and boba fett, b/c they were voiced by little known actors. Vader's voice is also very famous in movie lore, as stupid as lucas has been, he is not that stupid.

#11 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:06 PM

I wouldn't put it past Lucas. He's a freaking ignorant child.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:21 AM

i wouldn't put it past him... but i don't think so.
otherwise he would have just got Christianson to do the voice in ep3...

and he didn't...

this is worse than that rumour about Marylin Manson being paul pfiefer from the wonder years... (especially because the original rumor was that it was twiggy ramirez, but internet sewing circles are full of dumbasses who can't keep their own shit in check.)

#13 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:59 AM

I seriously doubt that even Lucas would go that far. That said, it's not completely impossible.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#14 User is offline   snaithbert Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Apr 30 2005, 11:07 PM)

J m HofMarN, you are a genius sir.

I salute you and thank you for the best laugh I've had in weeks.

My only regret about your post is that I wish I'd been the one to write it.

#15 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

Snaithbert- Ah, glad you liked it. I always try to mix terror with a little bit of humor.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size