• +

What binds us together and penetrates us

#16 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

When I was 13 years old I did try to use the 'force' to get stuff. But it was all a joke, I never really thought that the force was real and I knew that whatever object I was trying to move would just stay put.
- Paladin

I still do that stuff today. I don't expect it to work, but if it did I'd just be like "Well it's about time damn it, I should have been able to do this years ago!"

I think I'd certainly slip to the dark side
-Chefelf

I don't really know where I'd end up. Judging by the most accurate SW simulation (KOTOR) you can be a fairly materialistic person and enjoy skewering stuff with your lightsaber, just as long as you don't go too far over the top with the evil. I wonder

I've actually thought about what would happen if I had a light saber, and when I really thought it through life wouldn't be all that different if I had one. The one thing I did figure out was that I'd have to avoid the temptation to take it apart to figure out how it works, cuz I'd never get it together again.

I used to have the x-wing model hanging from the ceiling above my bed. If I "used the force," I could make it rotate clockwise.

Now, see, it's stuff like that that Anakin should have been doing in the prequel trilogy. That shows REAL chosen-one type potential.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:52 AM

I can successfully do the jedi mind trick (put it could just be the tone in my voice, posture, angry face, and waving fist).

often when i approach a crowd walking towards me i can split them up with a hand guesture like parting water...

#18 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ May 1 2005, 05:25 AM)
I speak, of course, of the fact that regardless of whether we are basher or gusher, we all try to move objects with the force, and if there is anyone here who hasnt I'd venture to say they're either very lost or just lying. We've all done it, and it dosnt make us dorks. I for one am proud that I occasionally hold out my hand and concentrate and make faces when a can of delicious cherry coke is out of reach. It's time we stop living in the closet and admit that, yes, we do try to move stuff with the force. So everyone fess up.

Nope, I can honestly say that I never have. *shrugs* What would be the point? I know it doesn't exist.

I don't think I'd make a good Jedi at all. In fact, I'm pretty glad the Force doesn't exist in real life, because 95% of people who used it would likely end up going to the Dark Side...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:56 AM

Ok, to amend my statement, girls don't count seeing as how they have cooties... and common sense.

but mostly cooties.

I don't really agree with that theory. I mean its pretty clear that it takes a lot of devotion and concentration to use the force, so that weeds out most of the assholes (and the people who don't try -pointed glare at Helena- so I think it would be largely in favor of the light side.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#20 User is offline   DragonLord Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Study: Engineering Physics, Buisness Administration and Economics<br />Interests: Kickboxing and chess<br />Favorite books: Catcher in the Rye, The book of five rings, Lord of the Rings, Art of War

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:02 AM

What the hell is "cooties"?

#21 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ May 2 2005, 11:56 AM)
I don't really agree with that theory. I mean its pretty clear that it takes a lot of devotion and concentration to use the force, so that weeds out most of the assholes (and the people who don't try -pointed glare at Helena- so I think it would be largely in favor of the light side.

Uhm... remember that bit about the Dark Side being 'quicker and easier'?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#22 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:19 PM

Helena- Good point, well at least there'd be plenty of sith to have saber duels with.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size