Chefelf.com Night Life: ANGER - Keep it away from the forums. - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (114 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

ANGER - Keep it away from the forums. (Warning: Now Contains Pirates)

#1546 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 19 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barend- Tell me directions, I know where you started so I can track it from there. For instance 2 islands South, etc. Anyhow, Slade is in Barbados and I'm guessing Bond is nearby hunting Jesuits. Also you find a really nice Spanish galleon. They're going to run for their fucking lives. You can give chase but thanks to the wind the galleon is moving a bit faster as they jettison anything they can to pick up speed. They know who you are and they're not going to fight you or let you catch them if they can in any way avoid it.

As for all those things, you really cant do all that much about it. Just one of the disadvantages of being a hell born zombie pirate of doom.

So yer saying some manner of disguise be in order...?

Well, untill I capture some british navy sails and uniforms, I"ll travell under cover of night producing no light. I'll break persuit and make an obvious show of it, then track them as soon as we're out of sight.

it be the no light at night out of sight manauvre. pirate.gif

#1547 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

Sime- You roll very well and your crew, for fear of being punished horribly, start for Cuba. You'll arrive in the next turn and I'll tell you what the situation is then. From the carrier pidgeon that arrived you find another note in addition to the one you got. This one is a papal bull. The former General of the order, Vincende Carillo, has ascended to heaven, and the Pope himself has signed the order giving you the authority as the general of the Jesuits in the Caribbean.
(basically you function as the leader of the spy network. You dont technicly command the Spanish, but they'll listen to you within reason, same with many loyal to France. The general of the Jesuits is a prestigious position that puts you in charge of all their agents and sympathizers in a country. Aramis held the rank in Thee Musketeers.)

Otal- I'll post to you with Slade.

Bond- You hit the first guard, wounding him on the arm and he loses a turn as he slinks back to cover his bleeding arm. The other guard stabs out and wounds you on the face, putting a slash down your cheek. The first guard behind you misses as you stumble from the slash to your cheek, but the second one hits you good in the back with the butt of his rifle, sending you foreward in a good bit of pain. The Spanish just made a natural twenty, so a man in seemingly innocuous brown clerical robes arrives. The four guards around you give him a great deal of respect obviously and he speaks in Spanish something which you can't understand and the four guards move in to knock your weapons from your hands and capture you.

As for your ship and your men who are apparently damned... They hit nothing, and one more of their cannons explode. A few men just abandon ship and try to row out to sea and escape to anywhere that isnt here. The vessel is completely without any semblance of leadership and is in a state of anarchy. However, as the Spaniards see them fleeing and panicking, they begin to hold their fire off the main decks, just firing around to add to the general chaos. The ship sint harmed, but it has the desired effect. Even if your men could hear your words over the din of battle, they wouldnt care, and if they could they'd probably fire on you for leading them into this horrible deathtrap. The guns of your ship have, by now, gone silent. It's drifting slowly out to sea as the Spanish ships try to block it and call out to demand surrender.

Slade- Ok, your men take down the Jolly Rodger Jolly Dragon and run up a white flag of truce and you manage to yell out everything you said to Otal. You notice now that there are three ships, not one as you'd previosuly spotted. All fly the Jolly Rodger proudly.

Otal- Ok, the lone ship has a foreign look to it, one of them oriental deals it would seem. Regardless, they do raise a white flag and the captain calls out to you, saying whatever Slade said. You guys are free to converse now, and just point it out if you need me to roll anything.

Barend- You can try it if you like, though when you go to your skeletal pirate form at night your clothes also become tattered and old. Being a pirate you can indeed track them, just by the course they were on and by the debris they threw off. You'll close on them in the early morning hours, and they have one lookout still awake, who doesnt notice you yet because you havent got any lights on. So I'm going to say you can get in almost close enough to board, especially with your shipo being very dark.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 21 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#1548 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:54 PM

score...

make it so.

#1549 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

(Also, everyone, please welcome The Orator, who's consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher Lord Admiral of Her Majesty's Royal Navy.)

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#1550 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:05 PM

ARR! A friend to pirates, that's always a good thing to hear. I see ye got a foreign look about yer ship right enough. We were headin' over to St. Kitts, but since we found that old derelict back aways, I'd be happy to help ye find yer way to that tavern ye mention. We could all use a drink, right lads?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#1551 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 21 October 2007 - 10:49 PM

Orator-

-A man appears within your offices. He's impeccably dressed in black tights and a black frock coat. His skin has a tanned tone to it, and his head is topped with dark hair. He introduces himself in the manner of a well established diplomat. He bows politely.

"Sir Francis Walsingham at your service, Lord Admiral. I'm on leave from the royal court and wanted to come brief you. Her Royal Highness considers the Caribbean an important enough area that I should give you some help here, then and again. The Lord Admirals of the Caribbean have never been a long lived bunch. I'm sure you recall Moxious being killed by piratesm and your predecessor's poisoning (Point of fact, you wouldnt know that Underwood had been poisoned)

I came to tell you of a few things. First of all, I have no intelligence that any pirates are planning acts against Her Majesty's ships. Most know of the might of our navy, and are focusing on the Spaniard's treasure ships. As long as they pay part of the loot to our august monarch I see no problem in letting them continue.

There is one however, a ship called the Nova. A spaniard captains her, and she's been preying on English shipping. Such acts cannot be permitted.

Finally, one of our privateers, some fellow named Captain Galore, has been rumored to be fighting the Spanish near a Jesuit enclave in Cuba. He may have found some useful information, and finding him should be a high priority as well. Make no mistake, Admiral, the Jesuits are the most dangerous people in the world. Twice I've stopped them killing our queen, and they're likely hatching a plot on your life already.

Should you have any further need of information I'll be in the area for a while. Good luck, and God save the Queen.

#1552 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:26 PM

((To clarify, we board, we kill we take, we convert/recruit if possible))

#1553 User is offline   TheOrator Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

"Sir," I say to Sir Walsingham, "I've been holed up in St Kitts Port Royale for too long! I'll go help that young Britisher from the clutches of the evil Dagos, and I'll teach those Jesuits a thing or two."

I ready my best pigeons, my crew, and my ship, the Scourge of the Manatee, get my best Caribbean charts and pack the most citrusy of my fruits for the long voyage to Cuba, ever cognizant that as the British flag still flies from my mast, I am inviting the Nova to attack.

Edit: See below.
-The Management

This post has been edited by Slade: 22 October 2007 - 08:02 AM

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."
-John Carpenter's They Live

"God help us...in the future."
-Plan 9 from Outer Space

nooooo

#1554 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:42 AM

(( scratches out St Kitts and puts in Port Royale from that post))

#1555 User is offline   Bond Icon

• Agent 007
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Limited Members
  • Interests:James Bond, Star Wars, Harry Potter

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 21 2007, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bond- You hit the first guard, wounding him on the arm and he loses a turn as he slinks back to cover his bleeding arm. The other guard stabs out and wounds you on the face, putting a slash down your cheek. The first guard behind you misses as you stumble from the slash to your cheek, but the second one hits you good in the back with the butt of his rifle, sending you foreward in a good bit of pain. The Spanish just made a natural twenty, so a man in seemingly innocuous brown clerical robes arrives. The four guards around you give him a great deal of respect obviously and he speaks in Spanish something which you can't understand and the four guards move in to knock your weapons from your hands and capture you.

As for your ship and your men who are apparently damned... They hit nothing, and one more of their cannons explode. A few men just abandon ship and try to row out to sea and escape to anywhere that isnt here. The vessel is completely without any semblance of leadership and is in a state of anarchy. However, as the Spaniards see them fleeing and panicking, they begin to hold their fire off the main decks, just firing around to add to the general chaos. The ship sint harmed, but it has the desired effect. Even if your men could hear your words over the din of battle, they wouldnt care, and if they could they'd probably fire on you for leading them into this horrible deathtrap. The guns of your ship have, by now, gone silent. It's drifting slowly out to sea as the Spanish ships try to block it and call out to demand surrender.

I stay limp until they drag me in; then, as they chain me, I pretend to slip: In doing so, I draw a knife from me boot. As they haul me up, I stab the guard on the left through the neck, then turn... wink.gif
IPB Image

You only live twice:
Once when you're born
And once when you look death in the face.

--Ian Fleming

#1556 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:08 AM

"Aye, we don't be wantin' any trouble. It tends to find us more often than not, and we're still rather fresh in from our long journey. We prefer to make our way without all of the killin' an' plunderin' if we ken help it, but we've followed that wind before. We appreciate yer generous hospitality and will gladly accept your offer. What's that you were saying about that large bit of flotsam? Some sort of ghost ship? And do ye have any other news of the area, perhaps something to clear up all them wild rumors buzzing about concerning that Barebones fellow?"
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#1557 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

*Gasp*

"Aye, I heard of him. Ye may not believe it, but I met the man himself, back when he were jus' Captain Barend. If'n ye want, ye can go back and check out that floatin' ship back there, me gut tells me that Barebones got his fingers on it a while back, though. No way a ship like that'll keep herself afloat, she got more holes than me boots after a five month voyage. But what I know is that Barebones had a bigger booty than any other pirate since Bluebeard. I tell ye what, we head back to visit that Locket place of yers. I happen to be a big fellow in that island. So I can assure ye yer men won't come to no harm if Admiral Isaac Roughknuckles has anythin' to do with it!
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#1558 User is offline   Spoon Poetic Icon

• Pimpin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:19 PM

Spoon- Wow. Your scattershot tears the fuck out of their crew. Nine more men are down. The captain is wounded and yells for his men to make their way to the boats and attempt to board you. Unfortunately he cant lead them considering his wound. He's going to try to hid out of range in the aft section near the helm. Most of the men on the ship are now going over the side. Your explosive rounds therefore do little damage except to start a few fires on the ship. That might be a problem since the smoke will alert others to this location.

Arr, I tells me men to prepare ta be boarded. They are to make an intimidating formation on the deck facin' where the boarders be comin'. Two of my men are ta stealthily board their ship, put out tha fires (damned bombs, I knew I should not o' trusted tha man who sold those to me), and take the cap'n prisoner. (I told them where he was, o' course).
I am writing about Jm in my signature because apparently it's an effective method of ignoring him.

#1559 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

((Sidequest noted. But the last name's Tureaud. If anyone can find out where I got it from, I'll give you a wooden nickel.))

One thing's fer sure: You won't catch me payin' for a free ride. I set off to look for a carpenter shop or a shipwright or even a bloody hardware store so I can borrow some of their tools for the trip. A hammer and a handful of nails oughta do, plus a saw of some sort. If I can steal something that looks complicated and worth a pretty penny, tools the devil himself don't know how to use, maybe they won't question me. And anything else they need they ought to have on their own ship, right?

#1560 User is offline   TheOrator Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Oct 22 2007, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(( scratches out St Kitts and puts in Port Royale from that post))

((Had Port Royal originally, but realized it wasn't actually a long journey from Port Royal to Cuba.))
"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubble gum."
-John Carpenter's They Live

"God help us...in the future."
-Plan 9 from Outer Space

nooooo

• (114 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size