Page 1 of 1

C3P0's first job was not working at McDonalds

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

In the prequels, do we ever ONCE see 3P0 mention binary load lifters? No. And yet mysteriously it was his first job.

I don't claim to know what a binary load lifter is. I don't know why it's like a moisture vaporater. But I do know that 3P0 never touched one in his brass-clad life during the prequels.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:23 AM

Logically that would probably have been his first job at the Lars farm since he spent almost ten years there after Anakin had built him. So.... he gets a memory wipe to forget all about the Skywalkers, including Owen and Beru but he remembers his first job? Just like aforementioned characters get memory wipes concerning 3PO. This ties nicely in to the worst parts of the PT-OT inconsistency problems. Is it possible Lucas didn't even consider these things? He doesn't even have half a brain.

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:05 AM

binary load lifters

droids that carry stuff... no complex comands, just stuff like; 'pick up that module-component from that moisture vaporator'

"binary" because it has two lifting parts.

moisture vaporator: (with an 'O' hofmarn tongue.gif )

apparati for Hydro-extraction of airborne moisture.

i suppose they use a similar programming language because they are such basic machines.

C3P0s first job was programming BLLs to place and construct MVs.

...He should have mentioned that in his verbal resume

#4 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 27 March 2005 - 05:05 AM

HK- You're right, that's why I pointed this out. It's an obscure line and I only thought of it while I was at work but it does make a very big difference. I think that in the OT he would have had an existence seperate from the Skywalker and Lars families, since it's pretty obvious that if his first job had involved Vader or Owen or Obi Wan something would have been mentioned. This is just further proof. And as I already pointed out, 3P0 NEVER mentioned moisture vaporators. It would be so easy to tie it in just by having Owen mention something about fixing one to him, even though that would make no goddam sense.

"We're looking for a droid. One with experience with moisture vaporators. Such as C3P0 here."

"Why sir, one of my first jobs was communicating with binarly load lifters, very similiar to your moisture vaporators."

"I know that. You were working on my farm. I wonder why I didnt just pick you out in the first place."

"I do not know sir, but the odds are a hundred and sixty eight million to one that it was because of George Lucas' dumb ass."

Barend- well you finally got me back for my bag comment. Touche. That's actually an interesting bit of knowledge. Tell me my friend, do we ever see a binary load lifter on the lars ranch in the OT or PT?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#5 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 27 March 2005 - 10:06 AM

C3P0 and R2 should've had as a little contact as possible with the likes of Owen, Anakin, Obi-Wan. That's why I believe they should've both been the sole property of the Queen. Lucas had said once before they would be just "observers" in the prequel.

I guess we changed our minds again.

Where did you get the picture of the BLL?

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 27 March 2005 - 10:07 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Mar 27 2005, 05:05 AM)
Barend- well you finally got me back for my bag comment. Touche. That's actually an interesting bit of knowledge. Tell me my friend, do we ever see a binary load lifter on the lars ranch in the OT or PT?

hard to say... there are no SW films on DVD that i'm, willing to sit through...

cowboy curtis - a bit of searching...
there's so many usefull geeks out there with sites devoted to SW

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size