Chefelf.com Night Life: At what exact moment - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

At what exact moment did you decide it all sucked?

#61 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:17 AM

yeah, and he made cars everyone could afford and still drive today!!

Hitler was the man...

right up to that whole genocide, invade poland, beer hall pusch thing...
his carrer as an all round great guy kind of flatelined there...

but if anything George Lucas villifies the only characters that could be accused of being naziesque architypes. so the whole GL is a nazi is...

THE LAMEST ARGUMENT EVER MADE!!!

GL totally sucks for unrelated reasons

#62 User is offline   Xombie Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:56 AM

Hey Thrawn, thanks for all the pretty pictures.

But who are those dull-eyed blonde people supposed to be? That kid with the horse looks like he might have autism or be retarded or something. The father has the unfocused gaze of some sort of simpleton.

Oh...I get it! THESE are your idea of what a perfected master race would consist of!

I never realized that the idealized master race was just a bunch of slow-witted farm-fucks. You learn something new every day.

Thanks for clueing me in, Nazi-boy.

#63 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 07:07 AM

Hannibal, I didn't want to, because I know this is a sensitive subject for some people, but you made me and may I remind you that this is a SW forum so this is not the place to discuss matters like this...

You say this forum isn't the place for political discourse, yet you yourself choose to use it as a platform to elucidate, with pictures, your own outdated nazi propaganda? Its interesting that a nazi is complaining about being "MADE" to do something. Isn't that what your whole rotten, inhumane ideology is based on?

Anyway, back to Star Wars.

#64 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Star Wars, and all that is Nazi

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:10 AM

You say this forum isn't the place for political discourse, yet you yourself choose to use it as a platform to elucidate, with pictures, your own outdated nazi propaganda? Its interesting that a nazi is complaining about being "MADE" to do something. Isn't that what your whole rotten, inhumane ideology is based on?

Iknew someone was going to pick up on that line sooner or later dry.gif , yes I agree with you that this is not the place, but like I said Hannibal forced me to say it and this was my opening statment and closing statment on the matter. That is if anyone would like to add something

This post has been edited by thrawn: 27 March 2005 - 08:14 AM

user posted image
"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from the distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

#65 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:44 PM

This is all a joke right?
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#66 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:56 PM

What I don't understand is why you get upset that I call Star Wars fascist. If you are a Nazi, and you love star wars, wouldn't it be some kind of compliment? Why would you not want people to think star wars is fascism, when you are yourself a self-avowed NAZI? Is there something about the fact the people finding out about it is troubling to you?

Sorry my "Hebrew Mind" is incapable of fully understanding people who are racist, tyrannical bastards.

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 27 March 2005 - 04:15 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#67 User is offline   njamilla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Black belts: aikido, kendo, iaido, jodo. 1987 World Fencing Championships, World University Games participant. Writer: novelist, freelancer. Interestes: Renaissance, religious history, turtles.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

I do think SW is all about hope, especially redemption.

Sure it's convenient that Vader died in ROTJ and couldn't be brought to trial. The point, however, is that for Vader there's still the chance of redemption even after having done wrong things in life. I won't get into the Catholic argument (which I can discuss to my dying day) but even without the overt attachment to a particular religious creed, isn't it better for society to have the belief that a person can make right what he/she has done wrong? This isn't to say that the person should be absolved from punishment, but that justice can be obtained by apology and acceptance of punishment for their deeds.

Nietzsche railed against Catholicism's weakness for forgiveness. But if there were no chance for redemption, why would anyone expect a criminel to be anything other than an evil doer? There would be no point for kindness; everyone a self-serving and selfish entity.

Vader did two things at the end of ROTJ. He ended the Empire by killing the Emperor (at least that's what we presume), and he served punishment by sacrificed his life to do it; this a redemptive choice Vader makes. Is it a sufficient punishment? I don't know. But choice of good (whatever that is) is presumeably better than a complete doom along the path of evil. I think that's GL's message: You can choose to do good (even if you haven't made that choice before).

To parallel, GL's message about Jedi knighthood has the reversed logic that Luke becomes a Jedi after he decides to throw away his lightsaber. He decides that he would rather sacrifice himself rather than becoming a tool for the emperor. I railed against the ending of ROTJ in an earlier post, but after years of reflection, I have a lot more respect for the message of the duel between Vader and Luke; so much so that I wrote an entire book on it.

In Fog of War, McNamara's colleagues who designed the bombing campaigns on Tokyo were well aware of the fact that they could be held morally accountable for their part in the execution of the operation if America had lost WW II. People in every time and in every generation must make these kinds of decisions. What choice is it that people will make? We do the best that we can, which isn't to say we'll make the right choice. We still try our best, regardless; and we never give up hope.
Author: Sword Fighting in the Star Wars Universe.

#68 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (njamilla @ Mar 27 2005, 08:17 PM)
To parallel, GL's message about Jedi knighthood has the reversed logic that Luke becomes a Jedi after he decides to throw away his lightsaber.

That was a powerful moment. In a different way, but similiar to when in Ep 4 Luke turns off his computer and rests in his faith of the force.

I do think SW is all about hope, especially redemption.

I think that's GL's message: You can choose to do good (even if you haven't made that choice before).

Maybe that was initially Marcia's message.

We still try our best, regardless; and we never give up hope.

Yes, please.

Boring procedural politics contributed to ruining TPM. Please refrain from the likes of Nazi/Fascist references in the star wars forums. Call Lucasfilm: "Right-wing conservatives" if you want, I suppose. I can live with that.
(And stop flaming each other, please.)

#69 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:07 PM

What I don't understand is why you get upset that I call Star Wars fascist. If you are a Nazi, and you love star wars, wouldn't it be some kind of compliment? Why would you not want people to think star wars is fascism, when you are yourself a self-avowed NAZI? Is there something about the fact the people finding out about it is troubling to you?

Because Star Wars is Star Wars and Earth is Earth and I Don't want to mix the two together and come up with outrageous theories like you do. When I look at Star Wars I think of a galaxy far far away not a little spot on earth that you can compare to, and also you were trashing the originals, may I also remind you that this is the STAR WARS FAN CONVENTION not the I HATE STAR WARS CONVENTION. I agree with people trashing the prequals or the special editions, but the originals are the reason why this forum bears its name.
Star Wars is a place where I can escape from reality and politics and if you are a true fan you wouldn't think in terms of that.
Ive seen some of the other topics here with crazy new theories and suggestions (most of which come from you Hannibal) that trash the originals and make no sense.
Because overall maybe fascism isn't the best thing for the SW galaxy maybe some other type of government would be the best, or some new type of government foregn to minds of Earthlings, because then how the hell would you put in the master-race factor into it, theres thousands of species in that galaxy, maybe theres some other species of life superior to humans, this is why I can't put Nazi ideas into the question of Star Wars. I only think of fascism in terms of what is best for Earth.

This post has been edited by thrawn: 27 March 2005 - 11:20 PM

user posted image
"History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from the distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

#70 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:50 PM

Thrawn- You're a fascist, I'm a communist, I disagree with your ideology. However I will debate about the prequels and the OT with you like anyone else here, because that is what these forums are for and I'm sorry that people have made them into a... a... whatever Hannibal has made them.

Everyone else- I see no problem with mentioning politics or such things when it applies to the debate. I even consider Xombie's innocent reference to Himmler to be just fine, because much like Pandora he did not realize that he was opening Hannibal's box of insanity.

Hannibal- I cannot express... You took an innocent reference by Xombie, who had no idea of what you would do with it, and you once again managed to turn a starwars topic into a debate about fascism. May god have mercy on your soul.

Stop this. Stop this idiocy. Thrawn is not a fascist here. He is a starwars fan like everyone else except for you. We are here to discuss starwars. We come here to discuss starwars because it is a starwars message board. Occasionally we may mention politics, food, sex, etc, but this will always simply be in reference to the movies that ALL OF US BUT YOU ARE HERE TO DISCUSS!!!!!!

You raved and raved your nonsense and we all told you you were being an asshole because you were being an asshole. Then Thrawn came along and said the exact same things we did, but in a different way. Hannibal, we all know that Star Wars has nothing to do with fascism. Thrawn is a fascist and even he knows that. You're not here to discuss anything relevant to Star Wars, you're just here to create discord and argument.

The thing is, Thrawn isn't the fascist here. You are. You have mentioned fascism far more than anyone on the forums combined. Anyone who argues against your zealotrous beliefs gets horribly savaged via long rants. You make sure that your ideas are constantly being seen by everyone and do not tolerate any dissent.

If you were making insane rants arguing that star wars was communist propagandha and that Vader represented Castro I would have done exactly what Thrawn did to defend my own ideological system, which I am entitled to, and to inform you that Starwars has nothing to do with anything besides Starwars. Did Thrawn decide to be a fascist because he watched Starwars? No. He is a fascist who happens to watch starwars. So what?

Leave Thrawn alone, leave Himmler alone, leave Star Wars alone, and for heaven's sake leave us all alone!

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 27 March 2005 - 11:54 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#71 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:55 PM

Amen, my commie friend!!!! biggrin.gif
user posted image
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

#72 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:59 PM

I only think of fascism in terms of what is best for Earth.

...and of course that makes more sense than anything I ever posted right? Right Hofmarn? Right barend? Right Chefelf? Right Slade? Right Jordan? Right Jariten?

I should certainly shut up about Star Wars, and how bad it really is, goddamnit I should. When the fascists come along to tell me to shut up, we all better listen, because as we ALL know, fascism is what really makes sense. As a matter of fact Thrawn would probably suggest that njmilla be killed for being gay, me exterminated for being "hebrew," and of course hofmarn is a commie rat and should be tortured and killed, and of course jordan who seems too christian should be shot in a firing squad, because after all, we are all true enemies of fascism. As a matter of fact lets have the whole lot of us killed so Thrawn can post messages to himself all day long. (alon with pictures of hitler and nazi little girls and swastikas...)

Yes, i am quite positive Thrawn would make a great hero for this board, somebody to look up to, someone to really listen to. After all Hannibal is such a paranoid jew, and we're all sick of the fucking bastard, he is really the cause of misery in the world. Not intolerance, not injustice, not tryanny, fucking Hannibal with his paranoid theories about "bad people" and everything. Put a yellow star on his forehead and shoot the fucking jew, right? I mean, hell, its not okay for Hannibal to be posting his paranoid star wars nazi theories...that just insane, BUT...we must be all embracing and tolerant of the Nazi to post his propaganda pictures from World War II and saying things like 'jews suck and they all should die'(see Thrawn's earlier posts).

By all means carry on, but please, do me a favor if you are all going to side with fascists, be fascist about it. If its one thing I can't stand its a coward who dilly dallies...kick out the jews, the fags, the niggers from this board if Thrawn's your man, kick us out, and ban us, and post your approval of it in the open. Just so where we know where all you fucks stand.

By the way Thrawn, since you have made yourself head nazi moderator around here and are making sure we don't talk "bad" about the OT, what do you say you make up some new rules for everybody and make everyone a nice flag. You have to have a flag man. Something red perhaps, with some kind of Rune on it or something, and then after that you can kill Chefelf for not being a blue-eyed blond member of the master race. Then you control it all. Then you can ban everyone for any and all reasons you can come up with at your fascist little whims.
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#73 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:59 PM

YOUR TOAST IS BURNT, AND NO AMOUNT OF SCRAPING WILL REMOVE THE BLACK STUFF.

Edit due to Hannibal posting: Don't bring me into this!

This post has been edited by Slade: 28 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#74 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:08 AM

For fucks sake he's not a fascist, he's a starwars fan. He isn't trying to take over the boards and create a fascist government, you are. Thrawn wasn't "oppressing" anyone until you started spouting your insanity and provoking him. You don't offend us because you're (supposedly) not a fascist, you offend us because you're being a horses ass. Now you've finally managed to offend someone who happens to be a fascist.

Congratulations. Your work is done here, you can move on with the knowledge that you have revealed the fascist in our midst who is undeniably a conspirator for world domination waiting for the orders of George Lucas and the ressurected Heinrich Himmler. You've stopped Thrawn before it's too late so just ride off into the sunset. Our gratitude will be eternally yours, honest.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 28 March 2005 - 12:11 AM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#75 User is offline   thrawn Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:12 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Hannibal youre one hell of a crackpot!!!!!!
user posted image
-- Grand Admiral Thrawn

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size