• (4 Pages)
  • +

Attack of the one liners. ahhhhhhhhhh

#31 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (use the force @ Mar 17 2005, 11:23 PM)
and the jedi were outnumbered a lot. remember jedis are keepers of the peace, not soldiers.

Jedi can fly in any direction for a limited time and jump to and from superhuman heights to reach basically anywhere. one jedi alone has enough force power to push at least 3 driods away or manipulate/damage something important. so imagine what 200 combined could do? move something very big anyway.

The thing is, lucas doesn't think about these things. he thinks "oh wait, I forgot about putting an action sequence with lots of jedi in battle together, i'll just put them in an arena and make them get their asses kicked till they're saved by mindless clones, totally ruining the mythisism of them from the originals". "wait, ill have yoda fight, it'll ruin his character but it will be a cheap thrill for out action seeking audience", even though yoda's so powerful he could destroy anything that threatens him, even a sith appenctice - so the logic of someone like him fighting or even taking out a lightsabre is pretty ridiculous.

#32 User is offline   Darth Pants Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Post icon  Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:24 AM

Baron Crapanoida has done it yet again! sad.gif

YODA:
My failure, this was. Failed the Jedi, I did.

YODA:
A moment, Master Kenobi. In your solitude on Tatooine, training I have for you. I and my new Master.

OBI-WAN:
Your new Master?

YODA:
Yes. And your old one.

Now I'm wondering, if Qui Gon is so damn important, why isn't he in the OT? Why did he have nothing to say to Luke? And why did he not train him, either - after all, it seems as if he's training Ben and Yoda.

#33 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 18 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

QUOTE (Darth Pants @ Mar 18 2005, 02:24 PM)
Now I'm wondering, if Qui Gon is so damn important, why isn't he in the OT? Why did he have nothing to say to Luke? And why did he not train him, either - after all, it seems as if he's training Ben and Yoda.

Don't ask me. I gave up trying to make sense of the PT long ago.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#34 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

Don't worry about Qui-Gon, for all we know, George will probablu come up with a way to fit him and Jar Jar into the OT through the 'ultimate' Special Editions... and then edit himself into the even more 'ultimate' edition and do some more editing in the years to come until the OT doesn't remotely look like the original 1977 to 1983 versions! wacko.gif

#35 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:54 AM

"Now I'm wondering, if Qui Gon is so damn important, why isn't he in the OT? Why did he have nothing to say to Luke? And why did he not train him, either - after all, it seems as if he's training Ben and Yoda."

Yeah, like where is Quigon's ghost in the end of RoTJ? or Howbout Padme's?
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#36 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:08 PM

Coming soon in his Ultimate-Ultimate version where the Gonk Droids gets his own saber!!!
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#37 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:46 PM

(I'm trying to move this discussion about Yoda to here)

Seriously, though.... you mean to tell me that in over 900 years of existence---Yoda NEVER experienced the horrors of war? Never? I really highly doubt that, especially since the Jedi are the "protectors of the galaxy" and promote justice, et. al. The last 20 years of Yoda's life only account for 2% of his life. That's like saying in the last year and 9 months of my 80 year old grandfather's life he learns that smoking was bad (especially since we ALL know that smoking has been bad for over 35 years! And Yoda obviously doesn't live in a bubble, and neither did my granddad).

And don't say nothing happened in the years before the events of the prequels. Anakin spoke so easily about "aggressive negotiations." There are thousands of alien species, so they can't all get along, especially with the likes of the Neimodians. I can't buy it.
Flying Ferret

#38 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

The arena slaughter in AotC is one of the things I hate the most with the PT. It completely cheapens the Jedi, turns them into stupid cannon-fodder. The logic is non-existant. I just *HATE* that sequence. And what little dignity the title "Jedi" had left after that, George erases it completely with the Yoda bounce act. But I'm sure there's a midichlorian explanation in there somewhere... yell.gif

In my world the Jedi are very powerful keepers of the peace and mystical warriors. Enlightened individuals whose actions and sacrifices shape the future of the galaxy for the benefit of all life. I haven't seen much in the PT that conveys this. Bumbling pompous consultant type morons having little board meetings in their boring corporate tower.

#39 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:07 PM

Just to be devils advocate

A. If everything else in the PT were fixed, you would probably have liked the anarexic battle droid look. I do.

B. I think you guys are digging yourselfs a plot hole, because if Yoda was THAT powerful then how does he wind up on dagobah. maybe sidious is stronger despite 900+ years.

C. I figured that since Qui Gon didn't disappear when he died, he couldn't be a force ghost, something i figured would get explained in ep 2 or 3. Yoda and Ben did disappear, so they became force ghosts.

Now that he IS a force ghost...i am totally confused. Was the disappearing act just a mistake b/c GL didn't have the technology? Will the next more specialer edition of the OT show obi-wan's (digitally added) bloody decapitated body? Wasn't anybody else intrigued by the whole "strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" line and hoped more light would be shed in the PT? Does anyone care anymore? Bah. yell.gif

This post has been edited by Just another wretched fan: 19 March 2005 - 03:07 PM

#40 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:16 PM

a ) The battle droid should have looked like IG-88. This would have been a nod to the OT that worked, rather than, say, including young versions of all of the old characters, including GREEDO!

b ) In my prequels Yoda would always have lived on Dagobah. That's where he lives. He's not in hiding. The Sith never try to kill him; they just kill everyone who might want to visit him. Why? Because he's too powerful. Also: IN my PT, you'd never have met Yoda, although you might have heard his name when Obi Wan talked about the master who had trained him. This way when you find out he's that little gremlin that Luke meets in the swamp, like you did in ESB, it would still be a surprise, for those who actually watched the series in order.

c ) I agree that all of this is nonsense. Then again, TPM was so stupid it defies all effort to make sense. There lies madness.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 19 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#41 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

A. Battledroids

I COULD have liked the battledroids, I really could have if there was a good story, if there were good villains, if the droids didn't have "personalities." Since I've been using the "IG-88's" (Actually I made them IG-55's) in my rewrites, I like them better.

B. I think you guys are digging yourselfs a plot hole, because if Yoda was THAT powerful then how does he wind up on dagobah. maybe sidious is stronger despite 900+ years.

This I took care of in my rewrites. Yoda and Sidious are on equal ground. They are just as old, they have almost the same knowledge in the power of the Force (and they don't use sabers). They are like wizards. Sidious just catches Yoda off guard and flings (through Force created wormhole) Yoda to Dagobah, essentially imprisoning him. Sith just know a few more tricks than the Jedi.

It could work.

BUT... Civilian's idea works, too, and I may lean towards that, too. Yoda is NOT a warrior. He trains. He doesn't get involved.

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 19 March 2005 - 10:11 PM

Flying Ferret

#42 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Mar 19 2005, 09:53 PM)

This I took care of in my rewrites.  Yoda and Sidious are on equal ground. They are just as old, they have almost the same knowledge in the power of the Force (and they don't use sabers).  They are like wizards.  Sidious just catches Yoda off guard and flings (through Force created wormhole) Yoda to Dagobah, essentially imprisoning him.  Sith just know a few more tricks than the Jedi.

It could work.

BUT... Civilian's idea works, too, and I may lean towards that, too.  Yoda is NOT a warrior. He trains. He doesn't get involved.

no offense curtis, but i'm going to put my vote behind civilian's idea. I've always like the "no Yoda" idea. (he can be mentioned, but not seen) because it makes ESB special. Frankly, no OT characters should appear PT except for Obi-Wan and Palpatine. Although your Sidious/Yoda fight would be fun to watch, just like the ROTS senate building fight probably will be...i think that (A) the initial ESB scene will have more meaning if we've never seen Yoda, and also that (cool.gif it is a better explaination of Yoda pacifism as a "retired" master either exiled or living freely on dagobah and © avoids the "who's stronger" problem between yoda and sidious

just my 2 cents, but keep up the good work curtis

#43 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:46 PM

I have to agree. The idea is really growing on me. I just have to figure out my rewrite now to make it work... but it will... oh, it will.

Good job, Civilian. smile.gif
Flying Ferret

#44 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:47 PM

But, I wish I could reconcile the "Darth" thing, tho.

This does not go away for me.

And... I'm going to take my other question to the "Rewrite" topic....
Flying Ferret

#45 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:05 PM

the battle drois didn't bother me too much. they didn't seem appropriate as they were so thin and breakable looking.

they looked to as if i could have easily taken them in unarmed combat...
the new zylons on the other hand... ouch.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size