• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Claims to Fame? However Tenuous

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 28 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Feb 28 2005, 02:37 AM)
That and you're actually on TV, right?

yeah, well... it's not like i get asked for autographs or anything. just the odd, rare, person that says hi to me cause they know my face from somewhere, but theeir not sure from where, so they assume they know me... and i always say hi back just incase i'm being egotistical and actually know them from somewhere...

there's only like 10k viewers... i should move to iceland. i'd be a superstar!!!

actually icey... how old is Björks son...? i thought he was like 3 or something...

#17 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:52 PM

That's still hell more TV time than I have!
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#18 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 28 February 2005 - 09:31 PM

Well.. I hate to actually admit this.. but I'm realated to the person Flanders (From the simpsons) is based off of. (I'm also related to someone who works on the Simpsons.. hehe go figure. There is actually a long story about that, which I won't get into.)

#19 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 01 March 2005 - 02:57 AM

Bjork's son, Sindri, is about 20. I once met him and his (ex?)boyfriend on a bus on my way to see Fahrenheit 911 where he talked about how easy it is to mess with kids minds, so now I also know his unknown sexual orientation and how his relatives used to lie to him when he was a child. Score.

He's currently abroad as an exchange student living with some hippy guitar teacher.

#20 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:13 AM

If it counts for anything, I was ignored by the President of Georgia once. Yeah, a President. Take that.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:00 PM

20... but Byorks still so bloody cute...

she have him when she was 10?

and president of gorgia? whats that about...
i also work for a recently x-MP (senator)

#22 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2005 - 05:27 PM

I've met Kelly Holmes, my friend knows the guy that makes Little Brittain, my nan has met Dane Judy Dench, my aunt has met the Queen & Prince Philip, and I think that is about it. No wait, I was on Ready, Steady, Cook once. Oh, I met the drummer from The Who, erm thats more I can't think right now though.

#23 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:01 PM

I just have no idea, I'm afraid... Can't remember how old Björk is, think she's 36 or 37... So that puts her in a time frame similiar to my girlfriend.

But yeah, she is very very cute... and eerily girlish.

This post has been edited by Icey: 01 March 2005 - 07:02 PM

#24 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

Damn my youthful inexpiriance, If only cool stuff like this could happen to me. sad.gif
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#25 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:24 PM

Ummm, let's see...

-single-handedly pissed off a rather large chunk of the sprite comic community with one article

Actually, I think that's about it.

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:39 PM

aside from friends who've been in big films, i thought i'd mention as i just ran into him 5 minutes ago... a friend of mine was a camera man for 'the long engagement' (he was also video editor for 'ameli'

#27 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 March 2005 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 2 2005, 06:00 AM)
and president of gorgia? whats that about...
i also work for a recently x-MP (senator)

I work at the major football oval for our city. As Australia hosted the Rugby Word Cup(in 2003?)we got a few games. At one of them the President of Georgia came through(I was working at the media gate, and Georgia were playing). I said goodevening, and he ignored me. I proceeded to barrack for the other team. The rude bastard.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#28 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:48 PM

I'm going to the foreign office as part of some debate thingy, assuming I pass the security checks. I may declare myself dictor of Britian while I'm there, technically I can, and if no-one tries to stop me, technically I become Prime Minister.

#29 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 02 March 2005 - 04:15 PM

According to the illustrious IMDB, Bjork was born in 1965, her son was born in 1986, and her daughter was born in 2002. So, everybody wins!

I was a child expert on Canada AM when I was nine when they had me on to discuss what I thought about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. I distinguished myself by a) telling the panel airly that children OF COURSE could tell the difference between cartoon-sstyle violence and real violence (this statement I had picked up in reading the newspaper) and also for being caught on camera staring in horror and wonder at the television critic sitting next to me (he had a long dangly earring, I thought it was weird.)

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Jen @ Mar 2 2005, 04:15 PM)
According to the illustrious IMDB, Bjork was born in 1965, her son was born in 1986, and her daughter was born in 2002. So, everybody wins!

ah... i must have seen her with her daughter... that explains everything!!!

Jen, your story reminded me of a few things i forgot about from my childhood...
my two TV apearances in my youth...

1. having a snowball fight in 1985/6 out the front of a balmain pup after a truck inexplicably dumped, literally, a truckload of snow on the footpath infront of it.
i was quite chuffed that school friends saw me on the news. although having been 9/10 yrs old at the time... i think they were more impressed that i was at a pub.
(i think it was there for some football related thing, but my friend and i used to go there alot because we found old people really entertaining when they were drunk, and used to sit through drunken lectures on how to play football, fight, and some vague political stuff i was too young to understand.)

actually... now that i think about it... why the hell were people letting kids hang out in their pubs??? that's the 80s for you...

2. i was in a video arcade when i was ambushed by a magician and camera crew, he did a few tricks to impress me, i was a little distracted by my wasted $2.00 (which was alot of money back in ye olde day of our lord: 1993AD) in a sit-in video game in which i had to be twisted uncomfortably around to pick a card, any card. the worse thing was, i was in my school uniform, and it was during school hours. being a private school, we were'nt alowwed to go anywhere on the way home from shcool, in uniform, let alone be in a video arcade at 2pm.
it played on a late night (10:30pm) news program. one teacher saw, but he didn't dob me in.

3. my father was on television a couple of times in the early 80s which made me popoular in school... once on the news for some story about imported rugs as he did that on the side, and another time on an add for a famous car dealer... i can't think of the guys name but it you grew up in sydney (or NSW) in the early 80s you know who i'm talking about...
"Just up the road from Windsor, AND LET ME MAKE A DEAL FOR YOU!!!"

little help, Supes, ss666, little princess?

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size