Chefelf.com Night Life: Hummer-Driver Scalds Meter Maid with Starbucks - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Hummer-Driver Scalds Meter Maid with Starbucks Friday, January 21, 2005

#16 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:24 AM

Chef is completely right. Anyone who buys an SUV and drinks Starbucks is a jerk. Not only to they pollute the air, suck more gas, take up spots, kill people in smaller cars, they also support the worst coffee in the world.

Starbucks to the the coffee industry is what Macdonalds is to the restaurant industry.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:31 AM

I drink starbucks frappucinos all the time. I've never owned an SUV though but I know people who have and they all seemed decent.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   DBrennan3333 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Aside from finding myself pathetically addicted to ChefElf's writings, I'm big on:<br /><br />-Star Wars<br />-Futurism<br />-Studying Systems<br />-The Matrix <br />-PS2<br /><br />But that's kind of forcing myself to be specific about things that are ever-changing and actually really broad in the first place. <br /><br />Really I get interested in lots of things.

Posted 22 January 2005 - 07:39 AM

Here's my favorite part of the story:

....cops arrested Youhanna for assault and battery with a deadly weapon, the hot coffee, which is a felony....

Hey, between this and the half-full plastic cup of beer that was considered a "deadly weapon" after the NBA brawl between the Indiana Pacers and some Pistons fans, I think it can finally be said for certain - Saddam had WMD's after all! (In fact, I've got a cabinet full of "WMD's" here in the house.)

This is your tax dollars at work, ladies and gents! Crack-addicted prostitutes and alcoholic homeless are ubiquitous in every American city, and this petty foolishness is what hogs up our tax dollars and our legal system.

#19 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jan 21 2005, 11:53 PM)
Could this story just be playing off the stereotype of the arrogant rich guy?

Yes, I believe that is exactly what it is doing. That's how the media works. Quite simply, the other 40 odd cases were not interesting enough (although I'm willing to bet that a few were decidely more violent) because they likely did not have the demographic to stir the blood of the average Joe.

It does not lessen the act, but that's what sells newspapers. It's our fault really, because on the most part what they have done is respond to what their readers tell them they want. Loss in sales means we're not giving the people the stories they want to read. Find the type of story that sells the paper and you maitain your circulation. They have been doing this for many years, and it's not likely to change anytime soon. We don't want read the alternate stuff that they could be printing because it just does not catch us like this one does.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#20 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:53 AM

Hummer - Consumes more than enough feul, takes up space, threat to smaller cars

Starbucks- Over Priced, Low quality, fake hippness

There are my reasons why SUV/Starbucks suck.

Sure, nice people buy SUV's and Starbucks. Nice people also do stupid things from time to time.

SUV's are the biggest waste of space. Have you ever seen an SUV fully loaded with Kyaks, kids, bags? Have you ever seen them with a spec of dirt on them? Never.

Professionals don't even use them. Wild LIfe photographers buy piece of shit 81 suzuki side kicks for off road adventures, I know, my friends step dad is considered one of the worlds leading cinematographers of wildlife and tribes.

They're littered with useless features. They move you from point A to point B. You can't go really fast and it's illegal to drive off the road in most cities and towns. SO really, why buy them? If you need the extra space, then get a stationwagon. It's all about vanity. SUV's are $$$ and therefore status symbols.

I don't know for certain, but I'd be willing to bet that most SUV drivers fill up on premium, because there drivers manuel tells them too.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 23 January 2005 - 10:05 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#21 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:05 AM

Oh yes, absolutely. But that guy is still a jerk.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#22 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:36 AM

I don't know if it's necessarily his richness, although that plays into it, but the unusuality (?) and viciousness of his method. Maybe 40 meter maids are assaulted each year-- and that's horrible-- but I'm sure it's not all in a day's work for one to get serious facial burns.

Secondly, I mean, you can't write an article any time a certain type of crime happens-- there's too many crimes for that-- but you can write a sort of representative article about a particular nasty case to be like "Meter maid assault is a serious problem" or something.

ETA: Okay... turns out Supes made this point better than me earlier... but we'll just let it stand.

This post has been edited by Laura: 23 January 2005 - 10:40 AM

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 January 2005 - 06:46 PM

you know, it's not like the rich asshole who thinks he can do as he pleases, and overconsumes, and assaults women, is an endangered speicies...

we don't need them in society...

i don't care how many assholes there are out there. we could use less...
and singleing out this guy in no way can be deemed a repressive act or witch hunt.

my favorite group of SUV drivers is the 'Mosman Moms'
women who are married to rich guys, who pride themselves and hold themselves in high regard for literally being some dumb bitch who got to marry a rich guy. whos husbands but them a great tank of a car to get around in, so that they know their dumb-ass, run through red light, no indicating, talking on phone while driving, padestrian crossing cateract, street signs a decorations, dumb fuck whores will be completley safe as they rampage though the streets to get some milk, running over other peoples kids...

i'm so absolutley over their existence...

and this asshole just pushed it too far.

like: "oh, fuck off working class scum, i'm better than you cause i can afford a military vehicle, off with you peasant, and here... have a scoulding."

HONESTLY!!! WHY DIDN'T HE JUST SMASH HER HEAD IN WITH A MACE AND RAPE HER OVER THE HOOD OF HIS CAR...

SAME FUCKING MESSAGE!!!

the courts should have taken everything from him...

sorry, mr.asshole... you have squandered the gift of life, even the really easy one you were given... i hereby am liberating you of your house, cars, assets, funds, and any cash on you over 10cents below the value of a cup of coffee.

damn, i'd make a great judge...

#24 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:39 AM

Heh, am I the only one who noted that Barend said his friends were shot in a driveby? Uh... what the fuck? Have you been selling crack to those prostitutes that guy was babbling incoherently about, Barend?

Hummers are the bane of all motorized vehicles. Big, ugly, inefficient, a total waste. They make SUVs almost tolerable.

I don't know if what social class these people were in had anything to do with it. Although it's funny that a guy who drives a hummer and drinks coffee at starbucks gets enough rage from a 55$ ticket to assault her with his coffee.

And I'll agree that classifying coffee as a deadly weapon is a bit much. I think I'll go rip someone's throat out with a fork just so we can ban them or get them classified as deadly weapons too.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#25 User is offline   kdogg Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jan 24 2005, 12:39 AM)
And I'll agree that classifying coffee as a deadly weapon is a bit much. I think I'll go rip someone's throat out with a fork just so we can ban them or get them classified as deadly weapons too.

Well, hot coffee by itself is not classified as a deadly weapon. If I walk down the street holding a cup of hot coffee, I am not carrying a deadly weapon. If I deliberately throw the coffee in your face with the intent of hurting you, but you don't get seriously hurt (i.e. the coffee isn't hot enough, or I simply miss), it is still not considered a deadly weapon. If I deliberately throw the coffee in your face with the intent of hurting you, and you do get seriously hurt (i.e. burns that need medical attention), then it is classified as a deadly weapon.

This post has been edited by kdogg: 24 January 2005 - 09:40 AM

#26 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:01 AM

Does that really make it "deadly"? I don't know what the legality of it is but it seems unlikely that death would occur.

Not to downplay just how much it would screw you up, of course.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 January 2005 - 05:36 PM

my hands aren't classed as deadly weapons, but i know how to perform a cervical snap on someone...

a hummer isn't a deadly weapon... but if drive over someone with it...

third degree burns can kill...

but it's not like they gave him 'attepted murder.'

----------------------------

as for my friends, they were leaving a pub in a nice neighbourhood...
(in fact down the road from my house) and were hit in a drive by...
i was expecting to see one of them that evening (he didn't show for obvious reasons...)

http://www.sundaytel...9-29237,00.html

#28 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:17 PM

Yikes, scary shit, dude. I'd start packing heat and keeping my eyes peeled down there! Although I'd most likely end up looking like a panicked rabbit that was being constantly chased by a pack of wolves that could cloak like the Predator.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size