Chefelf.com Night Life: The Chefelf.Com Night Life 2005 Photo Album - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (66 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The Chefelf.Com Night Life 2005 Photo Album Discussion Only

#31 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jan 23 2005, 07:02 AM)
Tell her, also tell her I'm a jet fighter pilot with a 4.0 GPA.

laugh.gif Fantastic.

QUOTE (barend @ Jan 24 2005, 06:07 PM)
and if you want her for yourself... tell her you know me!!!

It works. That's how I got Jen. tongue.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#32 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:58 PM

I should just walk up to random girls on campus and say "Hey, I know barend." And then wink suggestively. Of course, there's still the difficulty of finding one that isn't fugly and/or weighs 300 pounds.

Edit: (sp?)

This post has been edited by Slade: 25 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#33 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:29 PM

Your school must really suck or something, Slade. Mohawk College is chock full of pretty ladies. Downside: my inability to communicate with said pretty ladies. As soon as I get within five feet, I transform from well-spoken, polite individual into a sputtering, twitchy, completely wrecked shell of a man.

#34 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 25 January 2005 - 08:41 PM

Well, I go to a technical college. There are attractive women, but they are not in technical majors, so I never get a chance to meet any of them. And on the very rare occasion that I do get to meet attractive women, my social ineptness comes in. It's not that I go around twitching and sputtering (I do that on a daily basis, and it's more of a neurosis and and anger at the world than anything else), I just am distinctly lacking in the conversation motivation department, so unless the other person is really interested in trying to learn about the man behind the video game piano and fedora, they need to do most of the talking. I am a master of causing the awkward silence, it seems. This applies to anyone, regardless of race, gender, clothing choice, amount of arms, etc.

Although finding situations to meet attractive women are distinctly lacking. Every single guy in the computer department is already dispairing at the lack of females around. Some also find the atmosphere unpleasant (for a few reasons) and are considering transfering. I just figure I'll be single for the rest of my life and just repress the lonelyness until it goes away on its own.

In short: Inability to communicate with anyone without luck, them being very talkative, or a decent ice-breaker + lack of elegible attractive women == Slade.beUnhappy(sometimes);

#35 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:36 AM

At my college -- I AM the attractive woman!

Hahaha! Hohoho! Heeheehee!

Uhh, carry on.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#36 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 11:38 AM

Computer science departments are notorious for imbalanced gender ratios, but I think that's gradually changing. I never really found silences to be awkward until I realized that other people did, so instead of thinking "okay, there's silence, I can rest my eardrums for a bit," I think "wow, that person must be feeling really awkward because of the silence." somehow I think it was probably better before blink.gif
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#37 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 12:10 PM

Okay technical school people, this is what you need to do: go find some Liberal Arts majors! I was in the College of Arts at University, and allow me to inform you, I would have KILLED to know more guys. ESPECIALLY straight guys. In my peak college years, I think I met 10 gay men and 20 women for every straight man I met. And I was not alone! Every last one of my girlfriends in the program had the same complaint: no men in our classes, no men anywhere.

Join a club, sign up for classes at another university for credit, visit local hangouts near their schools, but find thee a liberal arts student, and you will have found yourself a LOT of women just looking to meet some handsome techie dudes who can help them with their computers! For their sakes, go meet them!

#38 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

You sound like civillian, Jen. Join clubs and hangout! I have to clock how long I take a pee for, so that I can make up that lost time on studying.

I sit at my cpu, studying. My only break is coffee, and posting here. I reserve friday nights for myself (after work). I sometimes go out, I sometimes bring home a DVD from work and just chill out for the evening.

Most people I know don't have the time to join those out of class groups. I took a liberal arts course, but not for meeting people, but because it was easy and did not have to put much effort into it. (later I found out I did!)

University is suppose to be this way groovy place where you find yourself and all that, BS! I can't wait to get out and never come back again. NEVER! my life will start in a years time from now.

Tell you the truth, I even hate what I'm studying. The only reason I'm still in it is because I've been told by numerous sources, including my profs, that engineering in the field is nothing like engineering in school.

It's depressing and hard. The amount of shit they toss at you is impossible to truely soak in and understand. For me, it's about keeping your head above water.

I don't even believe that anyone with 1 degree or working towards their first one is doing what they love. How can you tell it's for you? It's all a lie.

Sorry, went off on a rant.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 26 January 2005 - 07:22 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#39 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:29 AM

Jordan: That sounds totally shitty. sad.gif I'm sorry that's how it's been for you in school.

Listen, I was mostly tongue in cheek about the meeting people thing -- it was just funny to read people complaining about how there were no girls to meet when I spent all my college years complaining about the lack of guys! I know university can kick your ass. I took a full course load, had a job, and worked forty hours a week on the newspaper, and I would have been pissed off if, during one of those soul-killing weeks with no time to eat, sleep or breathe, practically, someone had told me that I wasn't getting out enough. Sometimes you have to buckle down and get through it, letting the chips fall where they may, and that's fine. All I was saying was that if there are no girls to meet in school, and meeting girls is something you have a desire to do, you should go someplace where there are girls, that's all! If you don't have the time, you don't have the time! However, for those with a less packed schedule, or for those who feel acutely the lack of women, I'm just sayin' -- don't get all paralysed, take some action! And save a lonely co-ed. wink.gif

As far as the degree thing goes, well, I guess none of know, really, how our careers are going to turn out. I got my first degree in English and French literatures, and my second in journalism. My job is to write, to edit, and to do graphics design -- things which were touched on in school and informed my school, but were mostly developed working at the newspaper in college. So far, so good -- but I'm only 24, working at my first real post-school job. It could all change, and probably will! You just gotta try and be honest with yourself about what you like, and try and test it out as much as possible, and then trust that it will work out ...

#40 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 27 January 2005 - 02:36 PM

Am I the only one with a comically easy schedule at university, is Hull a crap university, or did I miss something?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#41 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 27 January 2005 - 05:44 PM

Nope, I've got an easy one as well...despite the fact that most of them are so early... pinch.gif I only have three classes a day.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#42 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 January 2005 - 06:32 PM

i like th lecter pic... the crown makes it look like he's taking the piss out of prince harry...

#43 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:31 PM

I got my first degree in English and French literatures, and my second in journalism

Holy Smokes, My pal has the EXACT same degrees. BA in English and He's just finishing his masters in Journalism.

It's sounds lame, but life is one big learning experience. I just hope I find what I like before I'm 40. I want stability by then.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#44 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:57 PM

My schedule is awesome, because I made it that way. I said "Ok, no classes before 10AM!" (Because I had class from 8am to 8pm with a three hour break on Mondays and Wednesdays.) I love the classes I'm in (or resort to information regurgitation in the classes I don't). I have free time, I'm just dreadfully lacking in conversational skills. If the other person doesn't talk/share some interests, I'm screwed unless I get really lucky and my brain actually works the way it seems to for other people. Otherwise I go to talk to people and all I get is dead air. Makes it really hard for other people to find me interesting, I think. I guess when I get dead air from the conversation portion of my brain, the silence could also be partially the other person's fault too...

Like everything, my failures are a wonderful mix of my own ineptitude and the environment I'm in. But I'm trying, damn it. Waiting for my luck to decide to change from blah to good (I figure 18 years of crap to blah, it might go up...), trying to fix my stupid broken brain...

Jenn - Did those women go out and try to meet guys? You can't throw a monitor out of a window around here without killing somebody with an All Your Base shirt on. (Or All Your Oil in my case.) Many of them are in the same position I am in, and come off much more interesting than I. It's not like there's a shortage...

And I've been proven wrong far too many times to trust that anything is going to work out remotely the way I want it to.

and just because my brain is kicking into whining mode now, I'm going to post a pic of me.

#45 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jan 24 2005, 06:07 PM)
and if you want her for yourself... tell her you know me!!!

I did, it didn't seem to have any particularly noticeable effect. *tsk* Such a sheltered life...

• (66 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked