Chefelf.com Night Life: Favorite Character - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Favorite Character In the entire Star Wars saga.

#16 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:35 PM

Hey, I don't think Hamill's a great actor. I think he's a good solid actor, who did a very good job in the trilogy. I think Hayden's worse. Maybe Episode III will prove me wrong, I'm certainly open, and I would like to see a good performance. I just doubt I will.

Also, Hamill has already proven himself better. Anakin in AOTC is supposed to be in the stage of life as Luke in ESB. And Hamill is far superior to Hayden in pulling off that angst and cockiness.

#17 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:39 PM

You can't really use that arguement because Anakin and Luke are 2 completely different people. They have been brought up differently in different setting. Your comparing a kid who is the chosen one growing up in the prime of the republic to a simple farm boy that is bored as crap until he finds a hermit called ben.

#18 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:44 PM

My favorite is definitely Boba Fett. Bounty Hunters are just the coolest. The game Bounty Hunter however, was horrible.

I read a Star Wars comic once. It was something about a war was going on (before Episode 1) and one faction hired some mercenaries. All of them wore Boba Fett armor. That is supposedly where he got his armor, but they definitly have the ant effect going for them.

I prefer to think his armor was hand crafted.

The ant effect: one ant by itself is interesting. It has feelers, six legs, and runs around a lot. But when you get lots together, they aren't as interesting, and you just want to stomp on them.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:25 PM

UTF- But we sympathized with Luke. He may have been kind of cocky but it didn't exude from his pores, and when he was troubled by Yoda or Obi Wan's decision he made his protests with humility and respect, not with insanity. Give me one reason to sympathize with Anakin.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:33 PM

give me one reason to sympathize with luke

#21 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 20 2004, 12:33 AM)
give me one reason to sympathize with luke

He lost his entire family in a senseless Imperial attack. He was forced to choose between his Jedi training and saving his friends who were being tortured. He found out that his arch-enemy was in fact the father whom he believed to be a hero. He lost his hand in a duel. He was tormented by the Emperor when he believed that his friends were dead and the Rebellion was doomed.

Yet despite all this, he acted throughout with courage, heroism and, as the films went on, increasing maturity and responsibility. He even agreed to take on the momentuous task of rebuilding the Jedi Order, despite his youth and inexperience. He wasn't perfect by any means - he could be naive and occasionally childish, and he made some bad decisions - but these things just made him look human, rather than unpleasant.

Contrast this with Anakin, who - despite having 10 years of Jedi training to Luke's few weeks - showed not a smidgen of maturity, self-control, common sense, or responsibility throughout the whole of AotC. He was whiny, obsessive, immensely arrogant and incredibly childish, regressing from an emotional age of about 13 at the beginning of the film ('Obi-Wan's holding me back! It's not fair, I'm better than him!') to about 5 at the end ('I should be the most powerful Jedi ever! I'm going to stop people from dying!') And that's without even mentioning his capacity for psychotic violence. Yes, what happened to his mother was terrible, but his response to it was so completely out of proportion that it made me lose any sympathy I would otherwise have had for him - especially given that he had done nothing earlier in the film to make him seem remotely likeable.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#22 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:26 PM

I could make a list that big for Anakin. Probabley even longer. But the thing is. j m hofmarn seems to not care about anakin because he's arrogant and cocky?

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:53 PM

yeah, i'm a big wedge fan...

but my favorite char from the originals is for some reason piet ? i think his name is... the guy who keeps climbing rank in ESB...

i guess i just like background survivours...

in the new movies...

Jar Jar Binks for sure...
his crazy antics, and wacky accent are the things great movie charactors are made of...
he also passed the descion for approval of building an army for the republic...
he lead the characters through the aquatic planet core, and stepped in bantha shit... that was hilarious, getting his tounge numbed and also grabbed by qui-gon... great stuff... great stuff...

#24 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:48 PM

-I say fuck Yoda. He's a little green turd who can't speak in complete sentances.
-Screw obiwan kenobi, he french kissed Batman in velvet goldmine.
-i hate quigonjabimsalabim for believing in Master Race theories.
-Mace Window was lame and underused."The party's over" yeah a great line.
-Christopher Lee was great, but sorry he did a better job playing the same role in Lord of the Rings.

Star Wars is only good for one thing[and you know it]:

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#25 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:47 PM

wookies?

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:49 PM

watching teenage boys masturbate to their mother?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size