Chefelf.com Night Life: What new character do you like the least? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

What new character do you like the least? a nicer way of putting it

#16 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:31 PM

What's so bad about him? He only spent, like what? Ten seconds in TPM.

#17 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:05 PM

Because he had no confidence.

#18 User is offline   littlejerryseinfeld Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

can i vote for the whole jedi council?

WHAT A BUNCH OF PRICKS! egotistical, arrogant, and above all - totally oblivious to what is going on...

they are all the things jedi should NOT be - according to yoda in ESB...

i WANT them to get slaughtered... THEY DESERVE IT.

lucas has managed to make the most mysterious and cool part of the trilogy -
"the jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the galaxy" - sooo incompetant and impotent.

shame on you lucas. i'll expect a "mace windu with detachable-head" action figure in stores by next spring.

#19 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 15 December 2004 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 15 2004, 04:05 AM)

He wasn't very charismatic, but as a politician hampered by protocol he was at least entirely believable - which is more than can be said for many of the other characters.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#20 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 15 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Dec 15 2004, 08:48 AM)

He wasn't very charismatic, but as a politician hampered by protocol he was at least entirely believable - which is more than can be said for many of the other characters.

i meant it as a joke

#21 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 15 December 2004 - 09:45 PM

I dislike the entire Jedi council. They are all just flat out silly looking. The long head guy, the guys whose faces is melting (wears a metal mask), the goat man cone head dude and the list goes on.

I'm not sure who was in charge of conceptual design for the council members, but it goes without saying that his last project had something to do with spray painting his name on warehouses.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#22 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 December 2004 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 15 2004, 09:13 PM)

i meant it as a joke

as in 'i move for a vote of no confidence'

i got it... i laughed... then i went and got some coffee..

but then i laughed again...

#23 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:42 AM

use the force- I get the thing about Belorem, good gag. Though his situation does trouble me. Every time the tiniest problem happens do they hold a vote of no confidence? And why did they elect Palpatine anyhow? His planet had just gotten PWNed by the trade federation, that's kinda like replacing the coach for the Yankees with the coach for the Cubs.

And on the subject of the Jedi council, they're bullshit. I think worse than the actual council was how Lucas tried to make them seem deep and spiritual by over-using the word "Meditate" At no time in Lucas' PT does anyone meditate at all, they just talk about it. Yoda and Mace chat and float around, but that's not meditating. Here's some more accurate terms Lucas could use:

Obi Wan: Emperor Palpatine just shot me in the face.

Yoda: Sit on my ass and talk to Mace Windu I will.

Or...

Obi Wan: A guy just started an intergalactic war and tried to feed me to some monsters but I'm not sure if he's evil or not...

Yoda: A mystery this is. Go play tetris and pretend to be meditating, I will.

Or...

Obi Wan: Yoda, the sky is falling again.

Yoda: Hate it when that happens I do. Go and make sweet love to Yaddle I will.

Or...

Obi Wan: Anakin, what in the name of Poodoo have you been doing in the bathroom for the past hour?

Anakin: Ummmm meditating, my master.

Obi Wan: You're acting strange...

Anakin: I hate you and you're holding me back.

Obi Wan: Ah that's what was odd you were speaking to me respectfully. Ok, have fun meditating.

Anakin: I hope you fall into a nest of gundarks!

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 16 December 2004 - 02:52 AM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#24 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 16 2004, 03:13 AM)
i meant it as a joke

Oh. Ha ha.

So who is your least favourite character, then?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#25 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 December 2004 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 15 2004, 09:13 PM)

i meant it as a joke

I, for one, got the joke. And I loved it. laugh.gif

Chancellor Vallorum... brilliant! biggrin.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:36 PM

HOFS POST JUST FURTHER BACKS MY CALL:

YODA SUCKS!!!!

#27 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 09:48 PM

Which tweaks the question a tad: Which OT character, re-introduced in the PT do you like the least?

Anikan Skywalker, hands and arms down.

#28 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

Despondent- I don't know mate, Yoda is definately in the running.

Use the Force- It's not at all often that we see a joke here that takes multiple posts to unfold, kudos. The problem is a lot of people went into ceisures after the first twenty minutes of CGI so their memory of what happened in the begining of starwars is covered up by memories of shaking on the ground and frothing at the mouth.

Barend- I'm with you there.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#29 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:50 AM

Well, I guess I don't have to take a stand on this. They're all pretty unlikable.

But Darth Vader was just the coolest thing to emerge from the 1970s. Then he's remade into a lame character by as both a little boy (yippee!) and an adolescent (It's not fair!)

Point the most, certainly see can I Yoda regarding. Sucks simply does Yoda. yesss.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size