Chefelf.com Night Life: The Funniest movie synopsis I ever read - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

The Funniest movie synopsis I ever read

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:59 AM

Okay, read this VERY carefully...

"The Sea Inside" is the real life story of Spaniard Ramon Sampedro , who fought a 30-year campaign in favor of his right to die with dignity.

Umm...the true story of a guy...who fought 30 years to DIE...with dignity...?

I am about 30...

Why didn't the fucker just kill himself, I think after about 10 years, you could have figured a dozen ways to do it...

Not to mention...

What a waste of life...I mean, for 30 years...he 'fought to die' with dignity?

Shit with all that time, he could have lived my lifetime, and my life aint that great, whose is?

This may make for a funny movie, but seriously, and of course it could be the joke of the movie, but, TRUE STORY?

What the fuck? Am I the only one to see this idiocy?
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:39 PM

Ah, the battle to allow euthanasia is one that has bothered doctors and philosophers for a bloody long time. Can we have more details on said move/story? Because normally you're only campaigning to die if you're so critically ill, you can't stick a gun in your own mouth, but such cases are usually eventually fatal themselves...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#3 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:39 PM

Terminally Ill...FOR 30 YEARS? I'd hardly call that terminal, unless of course, WE ARE ALL TERMINAL.

http://www.apple.com...the_sea_inside/

I might add I thought this film was a comedy, its not!

(Which makes it funny)

30 years to die?

In 30 years I will be 60 years old. About ready to kick off. How is wasting 30 years hoping to die somehow impressive and touching? Its fucking rediculous!
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#4 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:35 PM

My own research hasn't told me any more than you have, so the problem is that I've got no idea why he wants to die with dignity.

Normally, one "dies with dignity" if you're terminally ill, like I said. But like you said, no one is terminally ill for 30 years, which makes it impossible for me to pass judgement.

Was he missing any limbs? That would make marginal sense, but theres thousands of people missing the odd limb who lead perfectly fine lives, and I thkn they'd play it up a bit more if he had no limbs.

Apart from that, you're right. If you're perfectly able to stick a gun in your mouth and fire (or one of several hundred other ideas), why fight for 30 years? Only way that's lead to dying with dignity is dying in bed, and that's not something you make a film out of.

So until some crappy internet site actually tells me more than just the drivel that's probably aimed at the back of the video box, I'll hold my judgement...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:38 PM

films and arguments like this suggest...
dying with dignity = dying without long suffering?

i don't know...

i'd like to challange this terminology...
first of all asking to be killed for 30 years removes all dignity from it...
to truley die with dignity is to not run away and stand up and say, "go on death... i double dare you!!!"
nor begging for it, and certainly not punching your own ticket...

now to end suffering, with a quick death is supposed to give you dignity?
i think not...

someone could ram a huge spike up your ass and out your mouth...
wjhile you where naked ... that would be a quick death, but by no means a dignified one...

#6 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:16 AM

I find it hard to think about this, as the phrase "Die with Dignity" just reminds me of the scene in Tripod tell the tale of the Adventures of Tosswinkle the Pirate(not very well) wherein Gatesy finds out his character dies at the end, and he refuses to go through with it.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size