Chefelf.com Night Life: Luke and Leia Poised to Make Out - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Luke and Leia Poised to Make Out Deleted Scene from Empire Strikes Back

#16 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:25 PM

I agree with barend. Olson twins = love affair. wink.gif
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:51 PM

yay!!!

#18 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:42 PM

YAAAAY! In time, you all will learn to appreciate that picture.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#19 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

I think this makes it pretty obvious that Lucas didn't always intend for Luke and Leia to be siblings. And I doubt he was supporting an incest relationship in a film aimed at the younger audience.

But one does have to think, what did Lucas have in mind when he wrote Yoda's line "No, there is another... [hope]". My theory is that he had no idea, just like with the "The Force is diminishing" thing in the prequels, and just put it in there to make it seem as though he had this huge six-part epic in his mind from the start.

#20 User is offline   armyguyct Icon

• New Cop

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:39 AM

So explain to me, almighty ones, why it is that Luke was able to "reach out" to Leia at the conclusion of TESB when he was dangling at the base of cloud city; if Lucas did not know they would be siblings, than why hint at her ability to use the force, like Luke? It seems to suggest that he already knew they were siblings, sharing the powers of the force which is why she heard him.

#21 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:20 AM

Awesome! Then that justifies my rewrite for ROTJ.

Man, this is going to take some time....
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#22 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:18 AM

now this is just a hypothetical, but has any one considered the possibility that lucas planned from the beginning to make luke and leia siblings but after ANH he thought about scrapping the idea since everyone wanted them to get togther? but eventually he went back to the orginal idea. just a thought.

This post has been edited by xenduck: 04 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

Officer! officer! quick! all my money was stolen by a man in flannel!

#23 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (xenduck @ Jun 4 2005, 04:18 PM)
now this is just a hypothetical, but has any one considered the possibility that lucas planned from the beginning to make luke and leia siblings but after ANH he thought about scrapping the idea since everyone wanted them to get togther? but eventually he went back to the orginal idea. just a thought.

No. If you read the original script for ANH, Luke and Leia weren't even supposed to be the same age (Luke is eighteen and Leia is sixteen) - and 'Darth Vader' was supposed to be a name, as he's described as 'Lord Darth Vader' in the credits. Give it up.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#24 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:32 AM

Sure. And I was For the Star War before I was against it. smile.gif

#25 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

uh, helena, you dont do anything to discredit my hypothetical. i said siblings, not twins, that could have come later also. and 'lord darth vader' doesnt prove anything at all. his name was changed to darth vader. i mean, i dont believe it either, but you have to realize there are more than two possibilities (luke leia meant to be or not to be siblings).

#26 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 04 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (xenduck @ Jun 4 2005, 05:54 PM)
uh, helena, you dont do anything to discredit my hypothetical. i said siblings, not twins, that could have come later also. and 'lord darth vader' doesnt prove anything at all. his name was changed to darth vader. i mean, i dont believe it either, but you have to realize there are more than two possibilities (luke leia meant to be or not to be siblings).

Look, if they were just siblings then Vader would have to realise that he had a son called Luke, wouldn't he? Not to mention that Luke would surely remember his father and mother at least a bit if he was two years old when Leia was born. As for 'Lord Darth Vader', this shows that Darth Vader was originally intended to be his real name, so Lucas couldn't have planned for him and Anakin Skywalker to be the same person at that point.

Seriously, why bother with all these attempts to make out that Lucas had everything planned out from the start, when it's patently obvious that he didn't? Star Wars wasn't even originally released as 'Episode IV', and there's not a word about this in any of his draft scripts. Changing your mind on something is not a crime, so as long as the OT still holds together reasonably well (which it does, unlike the PT), what does it actually matter?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#27 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:47 PM

Kinda feel like Im butting in here, but for those who haven't seen the original ESB trailer, there is yet ANOTHER scene on Hoth where Luke and Leia kiss, this time initiated by Luke

http://movies2.nytim...html?v_id=15750

So I count with the deleted scene and the trailer at least four diffrent times they kiss in this movie. Yeah he sure had it planned they were brother and sister from the beginning dry.gif

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 04 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

#28 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:23 PM

Perhaps he made that scene so that 30 years later a bunch of people could argue about his methods of working via an internet forum.

#29 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Thanks for the link Michel. I'd pay to see a big, sprawling movie with SFX like that.

Ten times, probably. Maybe even 23.

#30 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

what can i say, im the devil's advocate. first off, i never saw in the trailer luke and leia acctually kiss. and since we dont know what the relationship was with vader and luke's mother there is no reason to assume vader would know about luke. sure its likely, but its plausible that his identitiy was hidden. and if you planned to make vader the father a suprise, would you list vader as skywalker in the credits? uh no. i really dont care what lucas had in mind, what bothers me is that you seem certain that he didnt plan on this or that. YOU DONT KNOW! as long as you admit your opinions are speculation, you wont hear a peep from me about it.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size