Chefelf.com Night Life: VIOLENCE... - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

VIOLENCE... the importance of?

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:19 AM

cable... I have fox and foxaffiliates...
3hrs of simpsons on weekend mornings...

yeah!!!

#17 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:40 AM

They stopped installing cable around here years ago, although my brother gets it on satellite. I just can't justify paying for it myself though.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#18 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:14 AM

Reiner, that sounds about right. So I guess in a way I could justify initiating a murderous orgy of destruction upon this club? The sheer stupidity of it still boggles my mind. It's almost on terms of the current White House Administration and the way the masses buy everything it says without question. I did not get enough sleep last night. Therefore I must be a terrorist. But I like "freedom fighter." It has a nice ring to it. I must fight for my right to shut the hell up when I'm tired and try to pay attention in class. I'm rambling on like I'm drunk, except it's not difficult to type correctly. Sorry guys/gals/robots, I'll stop now before I hurt myself with my own idiocy.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#19 User is offline   Dragonspawn Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:linkinpark... im mad for em!<br>Computers.... im comp nerd.<br>Scuba diving... i like going down on girl instructors... ahem, i mean with!

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:26 AM

violence isnt THAT important, but the stupid immature ideas for cartoons must be changed. Its obvious that there will be violence invloved in any decent cartoon but it doesnt have to be the main idea, take evangelion for example, it is violent, but its actually about how the kids cope with all the responsibilities that comes from the violence (i know this isnt a kids cartoon but anyway) and i love it when the cartoon is something like that, where its about the biproduct of violence

#20 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 November 2004 - 09:18 AM

Yeah, and Dragonball Z is another great example of a cartoon that is great without violence. For example that episode where.... uh, well there was the time that Goku... um... nevermind. sad.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#21 User is offline   Dragonspawn Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:linkinpark... im mad for em!<br>Computers.... im comp nerd.<br>Scuba diving... i like going down on girl instructors... ahem, i mean with!

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Nov 1 2004, 09:18 AM)
Yeah, and Dragonball Z is another great example of a cartoon that is great without violence. For example that episode where.... uh, well there was the time that Goku... um... nevermind. sad.gif

If you mean what i think you mean, didnt they only 'you know erm... well never mind' in the japanese series? i mean that stuff was cut off in the english version

#22 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 02 November 2004 - 06:41 AM

I would say he was making a comment on the fact that Dragon Ball Z is nothing but fighting.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#23 User is offline   Dragonspawn Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:50 AM

oh yeah, good point, stupid me, it went right over my head, damn do i feel stupid!

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 November 2004 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Dragonspawn @ Nov 1 2004, 07:26 AM)
violence isnt THAT important, but the stupid immature ideas for cartoons must be changed. Its obvious that there will be violence invloved in any decent cartoon but it doesnt have to be the main idea, take evangelion for example, it is violent, but its actually about how the kids cope with all the responsibilities that comes from the violence (i know this isnt a kids cartoon but anyway) and i love it when the cartoon is something like that, where its about the biproduct of violence

evangelion?

every episode was just the main character getting into the big robit power armour and flaking out then getting teased at school about it...

that show was quite boring...

and what the hell was that theme song about?

i think it was the main inspiration for SOUTH PARKS... "let's fighting love"

as for dragon ball Z...

that show's awsome!!!
you can miss an episode and the same fight that started on the last episode you saw will still be going in the episode after the one you missed...

some cool concepts and humour...
but it was made in the 80s... which really goes back to my original point...

i found ROBOTECH really gripping because it delt with characters coping with their responsibilities and each other... all the things that go on including romance, and how it's affected by people trying to adapt to their situation...
macross city had this real futuristic Pearl Harbour thing going on... (PH as in the place not the film)...

Japan had alsways been more liberal about their approach to adult themes in kids cartoons...

because of our cencorship laws in the early 80s we lost alot of swearing (which isn;t that important) but i never thought about it.. untill just the last few weeks watching the lost episodes of monkey... they redubbed this year (by the same actors) but the use of wods like bloody, bugger, and even shit... seem so out of place... but they most likley would have been there...

it's just weird...

this reply sort of went all over the place but... yeah...

#25 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:02 PM

I agree Eva was pretty boring.
I was born in 1990 and I had only the comic book cartoons (spiderman and X-men) to live on, and even then i think thouse were only reruns. Yet I also grew up with poke-a-mon cartoons, which I didn't like that much. Really I grew up in an awkward age between the last of the action cartoons and the begining of the anime wimpy cartoons. How messed up do you people think i'll be(am)?
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#26 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:56 PM

Do yourself a favour, and go and buy the Transformers on DVD. From memory, Technoman also had a good story to go with the action.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 06 November 2004 - 11:57 PM

#27 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:40 PM

purchase robotech... it's a little dated... but it's sweet...

and yes kirby... there is no hope for you... those vital years of cartoon violence are forever lost for you...

you will be a weak man who will squeel at the first drop of blood when the alien invades come... mankind will fall, unless us old dudes raised on he-man, transformers, and robotech come to save man from it's own infeeblement

tongue.gif

#28 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:54 PM

I used to watch He-man as a kid, but I have very little recollection of it. It worries me.

#29 User is offline   Creaux Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Um, I like music, Studying religion from Catholocism to the occult, warhammer and DND and other nerdy things, being kind to people, freaking people out. And swords.

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Nov 7 2004, 08:40 PM)
purchase robotech... it's a little dated... but it's sweet...

and yes kirby... there is no hope for you... those vital years of cartoon violence are forever lost for you...

you will be a weak man who will squeel at the first drop of blood when the alien invades come... mankind will fall, unless us old dudes raised on he-man, transformers, and robotech come to save man from it's own infeeblement

tongue.gif

Hmmm, I don't remember a lot of blood in those cartoons. In fact, I don't remember any.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size