Chefelf.com Night Life: computer generated graphics - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

computer generated graphics the salvation of bad movie making.......

#1 User is offline   the_bonic_hiphop_man Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

star date 09 25 04...on sci fi channel currently watching 1996 "escape from l.a." not the classic that was 1981 s "escape from new york" but hey when you are high as the sky on a late friday in mid august of 1996 it wasnt that bad...anyway lets face it john carpender is as lame ass as george lucas...( carpenders only good movies were the original holoween , the fog , and the remake of "the thing"...) "escape from l.a." that "could" have been a good movie tanked and sucked like big time regardless of the fact the kurt russel HAD again HAD a hand in the making of it...was he that much of an idiot ( like lucas ) or is the movie mogules calling the shots...despite what one may think "snake plissken" is a cultural icon of sorts...you "think" that russel or carpender would have wanted something of a "franchise" with the character...let carpender ( like lucas) went on to produced stinkers like "ghost of mars" and other crap that i cant recall..yet carpender WONT MAKE A SEQUELL TO "THE THING" which still stands the test of time...WOW...so what IS the future of the movie industry...i think this will happen...already we see with music c.d. the bootleg copies coming out BEFORE the release date...money is lost...the music is crap minus a few good tracks...same with movies...millions are spent on things from the shit paper that the star actor needs to the polishing / finnishing of a movie...so why not CGG a whole movie...say in a 100 years...that computers DO HAVE A SOME WHAT A.I. then any movie from say a three stoogies short to escape from l.a. could be done "right"...like i said before...a syndicate of movie fans / corporate owners ( paramount / 20 century fox / universial / ect ) could "re-image" the movies that "could " have had been "productive" ( like "the thing" or "snake plissken" or the star wars butcher perquells ) but due to thier creators "blindness" tanked...the assholes that say "oh its the creators choice to do what he wants"...well 1 the movie studios have way way way more money than lucas or carpender or bla bla bla. to fight them in court..2 the creators already fucked with the product so thier complaint is mute........maybe in 100 years we CAN SEE the TRUE vision of a carpender, lucas , ect...maybe thur the eyes of more gifted movie makers that with computer CGG the TRUE mission can be shown...its not just star wars, its the likes of the matrix 2 and 3...they also tanked...this might be where you people might want to buy stock in the companies that are making CGG software...not you but your offspring or grand offspring might be millionaires...the thong currently that must be kept in mind when viewing these movies today is this...EVERY SECOND OF A MOVIE IS PLANED...THERE ARE ASS LOADS OF PEOPLE THAT VIEW EVERY SEGMENT OF A MOVIE...NOTHING GOES IN THAT A DIRECTOR OR HIS TASK-MASTER CORPORATE OVERLORD DOESNT WANT...WHY THE CORPORATE HEADS OF 20 TH CENTURY FOX DONT CALL LUCAS IS A MYSTERY TO EVEN ME...

#2 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:35 PM

assault on precinct 13, dont forget about that.

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:42 PM

Bionic Hip Hop Man, um... can you use correct sentence punctuation and paragraphs? I was trying to read your post but it's actually quite difficult reading it the way it's currently put together.

#4 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:41 PM

Bionic Hip Man you hurt my brain.

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:26 AM

BioHip...

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA!!!

(and i rather liked 'in the mouth of madness').

but yeah, some latter stuff... bah. i agree
but he'll always be cool to me...

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:32 AM

Kurt Russell?

I liked some of the Disney campus comedies. The Computer wore tennis shoes was the benchmark I believe.

#7 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:30 AM

(and i rather liked 'in the mouth of madness').

that was a Carpenter film? I had no idea. the one with Sam Thingy in right?

#8 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:35 AM

This is a theory I've been developing for a while...

John Carpenter = Terrible
Kurt Russel = Terrible

Exceptions:

John Carpenter + Rowdy Roddy Piper = Good
John Carpenter + Kurt Russell + Kim Cattrall = Enjoyable

Oh yeah... moving to Movie Forum. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#9 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:39 AM

that was weird. clicked on this in the SW forum and was mysteriously warped here.

chef-
you really think Carpenter is terrible? even the fog? the thing? attack on precinct 13?, vampires?????

#10 User is offline   Lefty Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:53 AM

Wait, John Carpenter did John Carpenter's Vampires? I thought it was a cover or something.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size