Chefelf.com Night Life: "vh 1 when star wars ruled" - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

"vh 1 when star wars ruled" bad plastic surgery, bloated actress,...

#1 User is offline   the_bonic_hiphop_man Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:17 PM

and a xxxxxx with an ear ring...they all looked bad...hammil face was never the same after that car accident, fischer looked about 100 lbs overwieght, and ford whats up with that ear ring...man oh man...like lucas himself all have tanked...sad sad sad...how very sad... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad sad sad...so sad ! its geting to the point thats like 1984 the chemical make up that was star wars have been so watered down like who really cares...the old fans are alienated, the new fans say was star wars this really popular and old lucas thinks hes doing a service to the fandom...i sure hope revenge of the sith is bootleg out the ass and it just falls apart...i bet it only has a 6.5 week run...sad sad sad !

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:48 PM

in fact may the only copies sold be bootlegs...
and may no one sit through them in their entirety...
and may all who work in cinemeas allow everyone in through the exits so that no one pays...
and all shall be well with the world again.

#3 User is offline   Deven Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Randomness, bad movies, Stevin, reading, desperately praying that NYC nightlife makes a comeback before I'm too old to enjoy it, mootness and ripeness.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:17 AM

I found it interesting that Harrison Ford didn't like the ending of Return of the Jedi.

Say what you will about his lame-ass earing, I think Ford looks good for a 73 year old man.

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:24 AM

what did ford say exactly?

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 September 2004 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Sep 20 2004, 01:24 AM)
what did ford say exactly?

Ford has always said that he thought Han should die at the end of ROTJ. He and Lucas butted heads about it repeatedly during the produciton of the movie.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:59 AM

that would have been a bit rough, but more interesting than hugging ewoks...

#7 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:59 PM

For once I'm in agreement with Lucas on that one - though not on many other aspects of RotJ's ending.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#8 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

Helena, I also like that Han llived, and think the sacrifice ought to have been Lando. But to give Ford his due, when he had this notion, and that argument, he thought he was still playing out a love traingle, and in war movies one of the men usually dies in the love triangle. Once Lucas removed the love triangle in the creepiest move since Michael Jackson built a theme park in his own backyard, then all bets were off on anyone dying there, and I think what Ford hated was how his three-movie scoundrel-turned-hero story arc had suddenly morphed into a big waterslide into a giant tank of cuddly smurfs.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#9 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2004 - 01:32 AM

I know what? In order to preserve a decent image of Han in my mind he should have died at the end of ESB, not ROTJ. His whole performance was so awful in that film, that if he had died at the end, it would have not saved the character for me.

Having him die in the carbon freezer would have been better for the character and
love triangle and everything.

On the other had I would have hated that too. I wanted to see the continuation of the romance but not the way it was shown in ROTJ.
And having Han die in ROTJ would have turned the whole story into Pearl Harbour *shudders*

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 September 2004 - 04:50 AM

Something needed to be different. I would have liked to see the love triangle play itself out fully instead of just having Luke so conveniently removed from the picture.

Maybe Leia could have tried to convince Han to flee to safety when the rebellion seemed likely to be crushed... but Han stays behind with her. That way you could continue playing out the relationship the way it was going in The Empire Strikes Back.

But something needed to be different. The big loveable dopey Han was not welcome with me. I preferred the more interesting character we got in the previous films.

#11 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Sep 21 2004, 04:08 AM)
Helena, I also like that Han llived, and think the sacrifice ought to have been Lando.  But to give Ford his due, when he had this notion, and that argument, he thought he was still playing out a love traingle, and in war movies one of the men usually dies in the love triangle.  Once Lucas removed the love triangle in the creepiest move since Michael Jackson built a theme park in his own backyard, then all bets were off on anyone dying there, and I think what Ford hated was how his three-movie scoundrel-turned-hero story arc had suddenly morphed into a big waterslide into a giant tank of cuddly smurfs.

Yeah, Lando should definitely have died. After all that foreshadowing earlier in the film, I couldn't believe it when Lucas chickened out and brought him back at the end. What is this, a Disney movie?

As for the love triangle, I see Ford's point, but to be honest it wasn't a real love triangle at all. Leia never really showed any signs of attraction to Luke - she only kissed him in order to annoy Han. There wasn't really any need to make them brother and sister.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:10 AM

This is true... but I think Luke thought he was in with a shot. And Luke was unaware of all that stuff that went on between Han and Leia in The Empire Strikes Back. It wouldn't have been complicated but I just thought it could have been played out a little more realistically.

Say what you will about his lame-ass earing, I think Ford looks good for a 73 year old man.

73? Maybe 63. But if he is 73 now, that means he was 46 in Star Wars. I find that kind of doubtful. Anyway, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that was probably a typo. cool.gif

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size