• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

LOTR Directors cut

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:12 AM

4hrs20min.

#17 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:30 AM

Is there a smilie for your jaw dropping?

4 four twenty freaking minutes.....AAAAA

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 07:03 AM

I don't know about everyone else here but for me, when it comes to Lord of the Rings, the more the better!

#19 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

Well, provided it is a quality footage. I was just amazed at the sheer length of it. No way anyone would sit through that in a cinema.

Thank goodness for DVD. You can just skip the scenes you do not want to watch.
When I am in a bad mood, I watch the prologue to FOTR. I cannot understand one thing, however – how did they not include the scene where Isildur puts on a ring and disappears. In the Theatrical Cut it does not make much sense, because you cannot see how exactly the ring betrayed Isildur, whereas it is obvious in the EE.

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:54 PM

that is why i don't buy the theatrical version DVDs... only the EEs

#21 User is offline   Creaux Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Um, I like music, Studying religion from Catholocism to the occult, warhammer and DND and other nerdy things, being kind to people, freaking people out. And swords.

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:50 PM

Mmmmm....4 and a third delicious hours...I'm DEFINITELY going to marathon the extended version set with my friends once I get home...Muuhuhuhahahahahha!

#22 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:52 AM

Ah, finally. Somebody else shares the appropriate amount of excitement we should all have for this film. We should all be wetting ourselves with anticipation and so far, only two of us have expressed the right amount of excitement.

#23 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 02:56 AM

And BTW, the official release date for DVD is 14th December, just read it on Theonering.net. This is bloody late! means I will probably not get my copy before Christmas!!! Noooo!

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 24 October 2004 - 03:49 AM

It will be worth the wait, I assure you. Have a look on the official Lord of the Rings site and see the trailer. Very cool. You'll need to have Quicktime player installed though, because unfortunately the Lord of the Rings guys all use those wretched Macs .... which is not so cool. sad.gif

#25 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:27 AM

MC, if you preorder now, it ships on the 14th. I kow that this is past the official get-it-to-Europe-by-Christmas safety date (Dec 8; for shame, New Line), but you still have a shot. Anyway, they must have a factory somewhere over there, probably in England, for the Region 2 stuff, right?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#26 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:42 AM

And BTW, the official release date for DVD is 14th December, just read it on Theonering.net. This is bloody late! means I will probably not get my copy before Christmas!!! Noooo!

How many versions of the CD are being released! They better add on the wide/full screen feature.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#27 User is offline   Creaux Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Um, I like music, Studying religion from Catholocism to the occult, warhammer and DND and other nerdy things, being kind to people, freaking people out. And swords.

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Oct 24 2004, 11:27 AM)
MC, if you preorder now, it ships on the 14th. I kow that this is past the official get-it-to-Europe-by-Christmas safety date (Dec 8; for shame, New Line), but you still have a shot. Anyway, they must have a factory somewhere over there, probably in England, for the Region 2 stuff, right?

Every once in a while I forget about region-specific DVDs (among other dilusions) and pretend that the entertainment industry isn't so horrible.

#28 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:43 AM

It is unbelievable. I paid for legitimate DVDs in Japan and if it weren't for a special region-free program on my computer, I'd be unable to watch them here in Korea. KOREA! It's right next door. Yet for some reason, Japan uses the same regional coding as Europe and... South Africa. Go figure.

If it's to stop piracy, then it's a waste of time. The pirate DVD trade is soaring over here. I've seen it for myself.

This is the thing about DVD pirates, CD pirates and heck, even guys sailing the seven seas with parrots on their shoulders...

they will keep doing what they do and will always find a way to do it. And it doesn't matter what the entertainment industry does to stop it. So the only people who are hurt by DVD regional coding are people who legitimately purchase DVDs in one country and then try to watch them in another.

On a more positive thought - just another seven or so weeks to go before the DVD we've all been waiting* for comes out.

*Well, the DVD that Creaux and myself have been waiting for.

#29 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:08 AM

shut up SHUT UP shut up SHUT UP!!!!

it's hard enough... i've been waiting out the whole bloody year!!!!

stop making it worse...

#30 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Oct 24 2004, 11:27 AM)

Well, that is the problem here. I got my DVDs from England. As I am decidedly anti-credit card and I never intend to own one, I cannot order them myself with delivery to Poland. I get my friend in London to order them for me, and even if he receives them on 14th in London, he still must pack and post it. From experience I know that there is no point sending anything before Christmas, takes ages to get here. So best I can get is mid January.

And yes Poland fortunately is region 2, the same as the rest of Europe.

And Jordan - they do not have special Edition of full screen, I believe.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size