• +

More bad news... Gary Oldman not in Episode III

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:17 AM

He looks cool....

He looks like something from a Japanese Manga comic...

oh wait. That's probably why Jariten likes him.

And Maul? Give me a break.

#17 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:37 AM

so you take a comment made by another poster (Jordan) then use it to make a thinly disguised attack against me. Its taken me over 100 posts, but I think I can sense a pattern emerging.

#18 User is offline   Xombie Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 September 2004 - 02:18 AM

First off, first things first:

Multi-zillionaire George Lucas is a UNION-BUSTING GOON?!! Finally, a REAL reason to hate the son of a bitch!

Second, all you Fifth Element bashers couldn't be more wrong. There are plenty of fun performances in the film. The movie has a beautiful and unique sense of visual style that ANY of Lucas's films can only dream of. The taxi cab chase is funny and awe-inspiring in a way that eludes the derivative AOTC chase on Corusant. Milla is sexy and allowed to be whereas Natalie P is sexy and NOT allowed to be. The plot is intentionally absurd but makes perfect sense within its own comic book logic as opposed to the muddled prequels of the aforementioned union buster.

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 06 September 2004 - 06:27 AM

To each their own, Xombie.

And yeah, Jariten. I was having a dig at you. But you post so much shit... and there's only so much I can take.

If you like the prequels, fine. But stop trying to make them out to be the great masterpieces that they AREN'T.

R2-D2 flew in the last one. Does that mean anything to you?

#20 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2004 - 07:40 AM

whatever. show me where i said they were masterpieces. it seems to me that there are a great deal of people on this forum who seem to be so blindly, madly intent on hating the prequels that they ignore the stone cold facts of it. if your so fucking ignorant and close minded that you cant even accept the possibilty that someone else might find merit in something you dont like, or if you just assume theyre just pretending to like the prequels, or that theyre just imagining theyre good or whatever (as youve accused me of) then frankly, youre a lost cause. if star wars has changed, and if that change has meant it has lost fans like you, how have those changes been for the worse exactly?

i`ll give you this though (and only this) i didnt think it would take this long for you to drag it down to shit like that you just posted.

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 06 September 2004 - 08:24 AM

if your so fucking ignorant and close minded that you cant even accept the possibilty that someone else might find merit in something you dont like

Rubbish. I fully accept that - it's often the case.

or if you just assume theyre just pretending to like the prequels

No, I believe you honestly like the prequels.

or that theyre just imagining theyre good or whatever (as youve accused me of)

Third strike lucky. Yes, this is what I believe. These movies are not good. They are total shit. But you think they are good. This is where imagination comes in.

I know all about this, mate. I watched Episode II twice because I so desperately wanted it to be good, I thought that the first time, I was only imagining it was so bad. But try as I did, I couldn't hide from the fact that I was watching awful shit.

if star wars has changed, and if that change has meant it has lost fans like you, how have those changes been for the worse exactly?

Fans like me were the ones who got Star Wars where it was today. We're the guys who watched each of the original movies over a thousand times, bought the Kenner toys, jumped at the chance to read to novels that took it further.

We like Star Wars for what it was in its original true form.

What the prequels are is a perversion of Star Wars. Testimony to this is that fact that Lucas is making enormous changes to the original movies to make them tie in with what he's making now.

If you get a glass of water and pour in some baking poda and laundry detergent, it's not the same thing anymore. So it is with Star Wars.

And people like yourself are happy and celebrating this perversion.

The original movies that millions and millions of people cherished are disappearing into oblivion, limited to the lifespan of the various video cassettes - which is limited.

And all so George Lucas can make his NEW Star Wars. And people like you, who pay him the big bucks for the Prequel DVDs and no doubt the upcoming scewed-over editions, are one of the major contributing factors to this problem.

i`ll give you this though (and only this) i didnt think it would take this long for you to drag it down to shit like that you just posted.

Well, I'm a fairly tolerant person.

Now, get out of here, Jariten. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 06 September 2004 - 08:25 AM

#22 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:28 PM

Guys, guys, stop the flaming. This may be Star Wars we're talking about, but it isn't worth getting this tensed over. Calm down, OK?

#23 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:03 PM

PEACE

ok, JYAMG, lets pull the plug on this right now. were both above it. just please, stop with the attacks and the digs etc. we both disagree. i like the prequels, you dont, i dount thats going to change but we can at least discuss the differences in our respective points of view.

Please though, I ask anyone who wants to try to find a post where I didnt just come in and say "no your wrong" or "bullshit!" or "you post shit" or whatever which has happened to me a few times already. now, i put up with it until now, but insulting my intelligence is just too much. Ive always tried to state my point of view or opinion or whatever as clearly as I could etc. etc. and never resorted to the kind of stuff i`ve had to tolerate recently.

so lets forget about this and move on ok? and i`ll just ignore your other slam against me in the other thread.

#24 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:32 PM

1. Gary Oldman pulling out is good news... (he's too cool for it... although it would have been nice to see the two greatest draculars of all time side by side).

2. the fith element was fun...

bitch slap corner

JYAMG
not every film has to be art!!! you've got to let go of your compulsion to expect every film to have KUBICKesque or SCOTTesque qualities...
sometime you are ment to just sit down and say, "fuck it! that was dumb... but what a fun little ride" (I'm not talking about the PT, but in general). sit back, have a beer, smoke something, eat some popcorn and relax... superiority to the comman man should be an honor not a burden... sit back and take somethings a face value... superficiality in film making isn't always so bad.

Jar
i can see where you are comming from, and i had an open mind and heart with both films... i wanted so much to love them... i was exited...
but when the people who brought you boba fett, lightsabres, star destroyers, x-wings, and rancors... lift our expectations then resort to crap CGI, earth core rivers, virgin births, medichlorines, "YIPPPEEE", JAR JAR, and other unforgivable crap, IT"S JUST A LITTLE DISSAPOINTING. please excuse the bitterness, its not directed intentially at you...

peace all

#25 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 07 September 2004 - 12:03 AM

Okay, peace then. Sorry Jariten. Sometimes I do get a little personal.

Maybe we can use this forum to see if prequel lovers and prequel haters can be friends...

PEACE.

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 September 2004 - 02:17 AM

stop saying peace tongue.gif

#27 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:17 AM

Okay, sorry I offended you, Barend....

PEACE! smile.gif

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:51 PM

WAR! yell.gif

#29 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:06 PM

Piece o' Pie

Easy as Cake.

(Now name that movie!)

#30 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 September 2004 - 12:15 AM

WAR!

Bring it on, Monkey Boy. I may just get Buddha to put you back under that mountain. cool.gif

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size