• (3 Pages)
  • +

Movies

#31 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2004 - 03:58 AM

True. But still, I'd rather not get in trouble. Anyway, I think my boss and I are getting along well now... after seven months in the job. cool.gif

#32 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 02:56 AM

i recently saw a Saturday Night Live sketch with ben affleck about a buch of loud australians on the piss (drinking beer)...

it was frighteningly accurate...

although i'm starting to get the impression that only *westies seem to go over there...

*(i think supes is the only person to know what i'm talking about)
but the term is for suburban rednacks who like on the western outskirts of sydney... i asume you have easties in perth sime... i think BOGAN is the national general term.

Corvax... where are you?

#33 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2004 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Sep 1 2004, 02:56 AM)
but the term is for suburban rednacks who like on the western outskirts of sydney... i asume you have easties in perth sime... i think BOGAN is the national general term.

Corvax... where are you?

sad.gif I seem to ba a little slow on the uptake here, Barend...
I have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are referring to my general actual bodily location, then I am in Poland. Some people, when they want to feel better over here, say it is Central Europe, because if you take into account Ireland and the Ural Mountains, yes, it is somewhere n the middle. And I live in a "Village at the End of the Universe", I think.

A saying goes here, too, that it is the place where crows turn back and dogs bark using their posterior.

So, if there ever was "an eastie", then I am, I suppose.

But tomorrow I am going even further East for a couple of days. I haven't spoken Russian for fifteen years, I have to brush it up.

#34 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:08 AM

so the answer is poland...? blink.gif

the term eastie was a guess at the sociopolitical structure of the western coast of australia...

i was asuming that it mirrors sydney in that the closer to the water you get the more 'civilized' australians seem to get.

i was talking to several people at once in my last post and you took it all on...

i was just curious as to where all the 'nasty' aussie were going.

#35 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:44 AM

Barend - there seems to be some kind of confusion. I am not Australian. I am actually Polish.

By "nasty Australians" I meant JYAMG and Sime (and you!) and I was trying to point out that in fact all the Australians in this forum are nice, clever, friendly guys (and gals, if there are any) and that I did not take seriously the "nasty" bit.

But I am really flattered, that you thought I was Australian! I wish I were, but - alas, one does not have the influence over the fact where one is born.

I have never met any Australians apart from you guys , but judging from the sample you are all worthy people.

But we were speaking of films, right? - so, wait a minute, I DO know one Australian - Mel Gibson! wink.gif

#36 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

Ah, he was born in New York though. I was happy to call him an Australian when he made good films. And I have happily disowned him, now that he's making bad ones. smile.gif

#37 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

My mother is Polish. I've been to warsaw.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#38 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Sep 1 2004, 03:56 PM)
i asume you have easties in perth sime... i think BOGAN is the national general term.

I live in the South East, and I am definatly not a bogan. Perth is split North/South rather then East/West, as we are squeezed between the coast on the West and the hills on the East. But we don't have any sweeping socio-geographic regions here. Genereally speaking, any suburb that has a large amount of Homeswest housing has Bogans. An interesting thing to note is that Homeswest will only buy blocks of a certain size or smaller, as such all new estates comprise of blocks bigger then that maximum to ensure that certain people(read: Bogans)can't move in there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all people who are less finacially well off are bad, but just acknoweging the fact that there is a larger proportion of fucktards therein.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#39 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2004 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 1 2004, 10:08 AM)

Nice to hear that, Jordan. Usually people in the States have no idea where Poland is, or even that such a country exists. Lots of love to your Mum!

And Warsaw is not the best place to visit in Poland, IMHO. We country-people do not like our capital too much.

And JYAMG - I KNOW Mel Gibson technically is an American. I was just winding you up, as I often do with you Australians smile.gif

#40 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:16 PM

You got me then. It's too bad you're not Australian, Madam. You're very good at being one. smile.gif

#41 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

Especially considering I didn't realise that he wasn't born here.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#42 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:10 AM

But now that he's made The Passion, I'll bet you're happy to learn that he wasn't, hey?

#43 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Sep 1 2004, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Jordan @ Sep 1 2004, 10:08 AM)

Nice to hear that, Jordan. Usually people in the States have no idea where Poland is, or even that such a country exists. Lots of love to your Mum!

And Warsaw is not the best place to visit in Poland, IMHO. We country-people do not like our capital too much.

And JYAMG - I KNOW Mel Gibson technically is an American. I was just winding you up, as I often do with you Australians smile.gif

Speaking of winding folks up, Jordan is from Canada. Mistaking Canadians for Americans is like mistaking Spaniards for Mexicans. Boy, they hate that.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#44 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 02 September 2004 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Sep 1 2004, 08:44 AM)
Barend - there seems to be some kind of confusion. I am not Australian. I am actually Polish.

Madame - there seems to more of a misunderstanding than you think...
I know you are from poland (i understood that).

i was directing everything else at the others...
but we should be on track now... right. wink.gif

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size