Chefelf.com Night Life: RETURN OF THE JEDI - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

RETURN OF THE JEDI Another Cinema Outing With JYAMG.

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

A New Hope? Hmmm... give me some time. I'll have a think about that one.

And Paladin, I'm looking forward to reading this story of yours... can't wait! smile.gif

#17 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:16 AM

LoL, that was good JYAMG. Only, isn't that Boromir doing the rescuing and not you? I just think you should give him some credit.

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:56 AM

You're right. The credits should look something like...

Starring Boromir as Just Your Average Movie Goer. cool.gif

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 August 2004 - 04:13 AM

Re-reading this thread, I've noticed that in the picture of the rebel meeting, the walls of the meeting room look unmistakeably like they are made of weatherboards. I never noticed that before. Weird. wink.gif

Also, I'm not quite sure what exactly the next "movie" should be but I'd love to do another one. If I do one, would anyone else like a role? I've got a request from Madam Corvax so I'll give her a part. Anyone else?

#20 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:22 AM

Since I'm Arwen, I guess I should join in too...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 August 2004 - 06:19 AM

Okay, you're in. As is the case with Madam Corvax, it should be pretty easy to find lots of pictures of your old avatar as well. smile.gif

#22 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:39 AM

Well, JYAMG, I was only joking, a humble female like me would never dream to be cast in your film wink.gif but you know, for good pictures of LOTR I suggest
www.theonering.net/scrapbook, they really have an excellent collection. I am ashamed to admit it, but I did prepare a picture for myself, but the computer-illiterate me did not know how to upload it ... now despise me if you dare...

But, Helena, what happened to your avatar? On my computer il looks really weird, just black dots on white background... I was rather attached to your old one...

#23 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 05 August 2004 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Aug 5 2004, 01:39 PM)
But, Helena, what happened to your avatar? On my computer il looks really weird, just black dots on white background... I was rather attached to your old one...

Hmm, that's funny, you should have been seeing a picture. I changed it because the site with my old avatar was down for a while. But it's back now smile.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

I just see the words "Avatarity.com - Free Avatars" ....

but I did prepare a picture for myself, but the computer-illiterate me did not know how to upload it ... now despise me if you dare...

I had the same problems, Madam Corvax. I am computer-illiterate too - no need to feel ashamed about that around me! wink.gif I tried everything - even emailing things to myself and nothing worked.

Finally, I asked some of the other users on this forum and Chyld* gave me this website. It's fantastic! You just browse your computer for the image you want to upload and the website will upload it for you. Then it will give you a link you can copy and paste on this forum.... it is so easy. You should give it a try. I'd love to see your pastiche art.

*You may not know Chyld as he never comes into the Star Wars section of the forum. But he's a cool guy. Without his help, there would be no Movie Goer cinema outings.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 05 August 2004 - 09:10 AM

#25 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

I'd love a postion myself, but then again I am my own avatar, and there are very few pictures of me.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#26 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Aug 5 2004, 03:09 PM)

Weird. Does anyone else have trouble seeing mine?

#27 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

I'd love a postion myself, but then again I am my own avatar, and there are very few pictures of me.

Your avatar may be all I need. Anyway, I'm still trying to find some images for my next Star Wars outing (and an idea.... but that's not my official line cool.gif ).

#28 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (Helena @ Aug 5 2004, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Aug 5 2004, 03:09 PM)

Weird. Does anyone else have trouble seeing mine?

Ok, I can see it now. It's the computer at work which does this to your avatar. ???

Anyway, JYAMG, thanks for the tip, I will try it.

#29 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:12 PM

Great! smile.gif I look forward to seeing some of these pictures you made on the forum.

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 August 2004 - 07:30 PM

uplaod your avatars... don't rely on those dodgy sites

---------------------------

also, when i first came here my av. was saruman...

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size