Chefelf.com Night Life: Shark Repellent Deemed a Breakthrough - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Shark Repellent Deemed a Breakthrough Saturday, July 31, 2004

#31 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:32 AM

Is that solely an attribute of the tiger shark? I thought most sharks were like that.

Any takers on the subject?

#32 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:42 AM

just the tiger shart i've patted others...

#33 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 12:58 AM

Good Lord, that shark was spawned in the catacombs of hell!

If I ever go diving in Australia, I'm definitly packing an underwater pistol or at the very least a harpoon gun.

It would be hard to shoot at the lightning fast bastard, but it's better than a knife or even worse, fists.

I've yet to see a Shark, but I have seen a sea otter. Both are predators. Otter's glide through water, at 50 ft, like a knife cutting soft butter. So graceful, so fast, so fucking agile!

Sharks have 1 more fin, and are more areodynamic. I would hate to see one of those guys in action.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#34 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:50 AM

I saw footage of a great white going through the water. These guys made a contraption with a bit of meat drapped over a durable camera and lowered into the water - the idea being that the shark would come to get the meat - and they'd get some nice close-up footage.

Not even a second after the camera entered the water, this small dot hundreds of metres away instantly became this enormous Great White that just slammed into the contraption. I guess like a bullet train is the best analogy I can think of to describe how that beast moved through the water.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size