Chefelf.com Night Life: New version of RotJ leaked online - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

New version of RotJ leaked online Oh, God, it's worse than I thought...

#16 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 03:08 PM

Time to pool our money and hire a contract killer, perhaps?

I think Lucas probably has a lot of pull in the underworld!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#17 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

Oh my God! Just got back from a weeks vacation and this is what I see... It is absolutely unbelievable, I really can't grasp this right now. Why George? WHY??? In the back of my mind I honestly thought the "Hayden in Jedi" thing was a clever fan photo manip or something ILM put out to confuse people. It's for real. I just can't believe it.... yell.gif yell.gif yell.gif

Now there are no limits to the heinous acts of blasphemy he visits on the OT. I'm ready for anything... sad.gif

#18 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

are you ready for the new added scene where Vader juggles two Ewoks and Yoda in front of the Emperor?

#19 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Jul 29 2004, 04:19 PM)
are you ready for the new added scene where Vader juggles two Ewoks and Yoda in front of the Emperor?

That would actually be a welcome addition! biggrin.gif

#20 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:38 PM

I won't ever look at those links, since I will not look at new STAR WARS stuff. I am happy with the old movies I have on laserdisc. So, question for those who have seen them: is it possible this is a spoof? And: is it possible that Lucas leaked these so that he could gauge a fan reaction before either a. releasing them or b. declaring them to be a spoof?

Just some thoughts.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#21 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jul 29 2004, 05:38 PM)
I won't ever look at those links, since I will not look at new STAR WARS stuff. I am happy with the old movies I have on laserdisc. So, question for those who have seen them: is it possible this is a spoof? And: is it possible that Lucas leaked these so that he could gauge a fan reaction before either a. releasing them or b. declaring them to be a spoof?

Just some thoughts.

I dunno, civilian, if it is a fake it's VERY well done.

I'm not too surprised by it. What doesn't make any sense is that if they have removed Sebastian Shaw then why have they left Alec Guiness? That just seems to add on to the inconsistencies.

What I'd like to see is take out Anakin all together and replace him with Mace Windu. Then Luke could say: "Who the fuck is that?"
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#22 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:52 PM

Hell, fuck Mace; throw Yaddle in there. Yoda and his bitch reunited after decades of being seperated. That should bring a tear to Luke's eye.

#23 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:53 PM

While he's at it, why not add the whole f**king Jedi Council. Yeah, that would rock. Cause then, noone would really have died... yell.gif yell.gif yell.gif

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 29 July 2004 - 04:55 PM

There is no death, there is only the Force. DUH!

#25 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jul 29 2004, 10:38 PM)
I won't ever look at those links, since I will not look at new STAR WARS stuff.  I am happy with the old movies I have on laserdisc.  So, question for those who have seen them: is it possible this is a spoof?  And: is it possible that Lucas leaked these so that he could gauge a fan reaction before either a. releasing them or b. declaring them to be a spoof?

Just some thoughts.

The Vader/Palpatine thing is so awful that I thought at first it must be a spoof. Seriously, just try listening to it...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#26 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:31 PM

You know, I can't help but think, what other little horrible surprises await to be unleashed on us in the "Super Special Edition"? I mean, the Hayden scene has completely convinced me to avoid these DVDs but what about the Shaw scene on the Death Star? Will it be Hayden in make-up? Wouldn't surprise me at all...

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Jul 29 2004, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jul 29 2004, 10:38 PM)
I won't ever look at those links, since I will not look at new STAR WARS stuff.  I am happy with the old movies I have on laserdisc.  So, question for those who have seen them: is it possible this is a spoof?  And: is it possible that Lucas leaked these so that he could gauge a fan reaction before either a. releasing them or b. declaring them to be a spoof?

Just some thoughts.

The Vader/Palpatine thing is so awful that I thought at first it must be a spoof. Seriously, just try listening to it...

oh come on. it wasnt that bad. I just heard it right now and I was expecting Palpatine to sound like a whining bitch the way you make it out to be. Boba's accent on the other hand........oh Christ. NOT good.

#28 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Jul 29 2004, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Esco @ Jul 29 2004, 08:05 PM)
Despondent and all others interested,
here is the infamous Vader/ Palpatine redo.
Palpy's new rant

and here is Boba Fett's newfound accent

Boba down under

Those were hideous. And the video... Anakin's cheesy grin... aaaargh! yell.gif

There was video? I only heard audio on those two. What did you use to play them?

QUOTE (Guest)
oh come on. it wasnt that bad. I just heard it right now and I was expecting Palpatine to sound like a whining bitch the way you make it out to be. Boba's accent on the other hand........oh Christ. NOT good.

The quality of the vocals was fine for the Emperor however, the dialoge what TERRIBLE! Particularly the part about him mentioning that Luke was "the young rebel who destroyed the Death Star". Was the original scene too subtle?

The Bobba Fett redo is just inexcusable. Why? Why? Why?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#29 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 July 2004 - 08:09 PM

I clicked on the links. I don't know why, but I did. And now I am sorry. sad.gif

Now I'm just left with this burning desire to wreak revenge on George Lucas.

There was video? I only heard audio on those two. What did you use to play them?

Helena meant video just for Hayden's cameo (oh God that was awful! But not as awful as the new dialogue between the Emperor and Boba Fett's accent.... ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! When I heard it, I wanted to cry).

Excuse me for a moment. I'm going to have a big cry and when I'm finished, I'm going to find George Lucas and pummel him into a fine paste. If he should survive this, then you guys can do with him what you will.

Additional note:

Why the hell is George Lucas screwing up the Original Trilogy so ruthlessly to make it more consistent with the prequels? Here's an alternative solution he could try -

Make decent prequels that are consistent with the Original Trilogy!

or

Recall all the prequels and release the Original Trilogy on DVD in their original format with one slight change - change the Episode numbers to 1, 2 and 3.

If you are reading this Mr. Lucas, I'd just like to say that you are a git.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 29 July 2004 - 08:28 PM

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:27 PM

Time to pool our money and hire a contract killer, perhaps?

[scratches nails down blackboard]

I'll land your shark! I'll need $10,000.00(USD), travel expensenses, a harpoon gun, a real pretty hooker, and some cigarettes.

I'll bring this 'Lucarse' yr after, and scale him free!

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size