Episode III title revealed

#1 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:56 PM

Revenge of the Sith
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

Oh, you have to be joking...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:13 PM

No. sad.gif

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:17 PM

that's unlikley...

but then again...

i don't really care anymore.
my child hood has been erased leaving me a sociopath.

#5 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

It's real.

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:27 PM

That is the offical name~
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:15 PM

I think I prefer 'A Very Big Explosion'.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#8 Guest_Guest_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:44 PM

ol Georgie just couldnt win regardless of what he named it. Can't satisfy one audience without disappointing the other.

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 July 2004 - 05:48 PM

That is the best prequel name yet. Also, I like the logo which pays homage to the "Return of the Jedi" title.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not remaining optimistic. I know that those are probably the only two things about this movie that I will like.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  rots.gif (0bytes)
    Number of downloads: 7

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#10 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Guest @ Jul 24 2004, 10:44 PM)
ol Georgie just couldnt win regardless of what he named it. Can't satisfy one audience without disappointing the other.

...Have I ever seen this other audience?

#11 User is offline   Commoner Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

I'm okay with it. Probably will be the only good thing about the whole movie....

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:18 AM

Forgive me for asking but precisely what ARE the Sith avenging? Did anyone ever once mention that the Jedi whiped out the Sith? Technically they didnt whipe out the modern Sith, the Sith whiped themselves out. I don't quite get it. Rise of the empire would be a perfectly accurate and understandable title but the PTs dont seem to like that sort of thing.

Phantom Menace? Who was so phantomy? Everyone in the PT seemed quite solid and non menacing. There was an arguably large blockade but it wasnt terribly menacing and it was tangible enough for a child to drive into its lead ship. The only possible menace was Darth Maul's two handed lightsaber but that wasn't very phantomy.

Attack of the clones? Who are the clones attacking? A droid army in opposition to the old republic? What? As Chefelf put it it might as well be called attack of the good guys. And I think the republic was attacked first so it should have been called "The republic strikes back" even though that would have been horrible at least it wouldnt have broken my brains.

Compare this to the OT

A new hope. There's a hope, it's new, it's name is Luke. Any questions?

The empire strikes back. There's an empire and it is striking back.

Return of the Jedi. There's a Jedi, he's returning. The end.

Now is that so hard?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#13 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2004 - 05:54 AM

Bah, that's crap! :angry:

Noew when I watch the whole saga again it'll sound like a crappy story written by crappier children. So the Episode 3 is 'Revenge of the Stih' and Episode 6 is 'Return of the Jedi'. For some reason, some bizaare and incomprehencable reasons, the mere TITLES of the 6 Star Wars movies being repeated in chronological order is started to churn my stomach and make me want to lose my lunch. I don't know why, and I don't know how. But bloody hell, this is crap!!! yell.gif yell.gif yell.gif

#14 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:43 AM

I hate this title. It's not quite as bad as 'Attack of the Clones', but it's just incredibly bland and generic. And J m has a point - what exactly is being 'avenged'? No one even mentioned in the previous two films that the Jedi had wiped out the Sith!

Oh yeah, and according to the article Anakin is Palpatine's 'closest ally'... whatever.

#15 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:48 AM

Man, they should have kept the original title: "Episode III: Could I Care Less At This Point".

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size