Chefelf.com Night Life: Story Set-up: Poll 3 - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Story Set-up: Poll 3

Poll: Who should've been main villains?

Who should've been main villains?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Commoner Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:27 AM

I can't think of any other villains that could possibly used in the beginning. As I dislike the TF villains, the Mandelorians, as they were mentioned in the ESB novelisation, should've been the main villains for the prequels, IMHO.

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:34 AM

Personally I would have created a new group of villains for the prequels. They would secretly be controlled by the Sith, as with the Trade Federation, but they would have an actual reason to want to destroy the Republic (and do more about it than blockading one pathetic little planet). They would help Palpatine create the clone army, which he would later turn against them. However, Mandalorians or anything else is far better than the stupid Trade Federation.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2004 - 01:45 PM

List of antagonists, in order of importance:

1. Sith (several masters) as the arch-enemies in the shadows, controlling everything, led by Palpatine of course.
2. Mandalorians as the deadliest mercenaries in the galaxy, hired by the Sith as elite soldiers and assassins.
3. Slavers and cloners creating near mindless troopers for the fledgling Empire. Clones are NOT based on the genetic code of one single individual.
4. Unique bounty hunter type characters, Hutts and other non Sith/Empire villains (No Fetts please)

#4 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:11 PM

the clones were not mandelorians...
Boba fetts gear was from Mandelore but was was from elswhere...

and not that water planet...

#5 User is offline   Thoth Icon

• New Cop

Posted 06 July 2004 - 03:03 PM

NOT EVEN A QUESTION. Mandalorians all the way. As to whether they were clones: although no where does it say they are that I'm aware of, since its been said the Jedi fought them during the Clone Wars I'd say that's a safe assumption. There's room for other villains as well, (good list, HK) but these guys and the Sith should have been the big ones.

#6 User is offline   Commoner Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:57 PM

Absolutely right. I do think the Mandalorians should've been the Clones though in the Clone Wars, or it could've been a couple of different group using cloning technology to bolster their ranks.

And, I do think having multiple Siths could've been handled. You just need a good writer to put it all together. If not Sith, certainly Dark Jedi. Palpatine could've drawn them together to do his bidding, offering them positions of power. They didn't have to all be destroyed by the time the OT rolls around. That could've been all EU territory from there on, or Vader could've killed them off as a favor to Palpatine so there wouldn't be any jockeying for power. In my book, that would make DV more sweet-ass than ever.

This post has been edited by Commoner: 06 July 2004 - 06:01 PM

#7 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:49 AM

Why not the Sith Lords???

They seem like good enough villains to me?

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 July 2004 - 09:45 PM

cause there can only be 2 remember!!! tongue.gif

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:52 PM

Well, one thing is clear, the Trade Federation is a lame villain.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 09 July 2004 - 11:10 PM

shoot her or something!

#11 User is offline   Commoner Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:32 AM

Okay, in my re-writes, I'm torn between keeping the Trade Federation (but improving them in some respects, like speaking an alien language and their droids more menacing---like Terminators, which speak in electronic grunts, and led by a Neimodian droid commander)..

..or by replacing them with the Mandalorians who are a dying race (and also use the above improved battled droids), but come to Alderaan (not Naboo) to steal its cloning technology under the guise of demanding payment for their services in trading goods.

In my re-write Amidala is a Queen, but she is not elected. She is actually the clone of a beloved Queen who has been cloned before. The original queen was very wise and led her people to prosperity, and she also ordered the release of the Gungans who were once genetically engineered slaves. This is why the Gungans revere her and go to the "sacred place" where her very image is seen in the partially submerged statues in the swamp.

However, she is the ONLY true cloned being on the planet, and some of her genetic information is vital in the process of the cloning technology actually working, SO this why the Sith Lords are ordered to pursue her and bring her back.

In my re-write so far, there are two Sith Lords, Darth Cise and Darth Maul. Maul is more collected, cool, and focused while Cise is a bit more obsessive and eager for revenge. He just wants to kill Jedi.

Also, the Skywalkers were a family of Jedi (none of this Jedi can't have family BS. Lucas had families of Jedi in his early drafts, so I think that should stay) who had defeated the Sith, so the Sith have it in for them specifically.

When Obi-Wan gets to Tatooine he finds Anakin (going by the name of Anakin Lars) living with his Mother, father, and brother Owen. Anakin's Jedi abilities unnerve them, but they don't think he should rush off to be a Jedi. Shmi's grandfather told her stories of their family past, but Cliegg forbid Shmi to ever tell the boy about his legendary lineage. Anakin is 16 to 17.

He's a mechanic for Watto and he does race pods, but this is only a brief, introductory scene. He's also on occassion, sneaked aboard frieghter ships, passing himself off as crew, even piloting the frieghters to close by planets, only to be found out and returned to Tatooine.

Obi-Wan is older, more like 25-30. Qui-Gon is older yet, closer to Ben's age in ANH, 60-70. His days as a Jedi Knight are winding down. This is going to be his last mission. I would also make him an addict of Spice (as spice enhances one's connection to the Force, but it gradually dims a person's natural ability to connect, making them more and more dependent upon the Spice). Obi-Wan knows this and objects to Qui-Gon's use of it. Qui-Gon is a bit jaded if not right-down lax about his Jedi duties.

In the beginning, Bail Organa is captured by the Trade Federation/Mandalores as he tries to escape Alderaan to seek help from Coruscant. The Jedi Knights are dispatched to figure out why no communication is coming from Alderaan when it should only be a simple trade dispute. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan free Bail Organa, make a daring escape from the ship to the planet below. They encounter Jar Jar, but he's a more Chewbacca-like character, big, strong, capable, not annoying. He's just as good as the Jedi at taking out the battledroids.

Bail objects to the Gungan's aid as most Alderaan's see them as being vermins living in the swamps, a second-rate citizen, raiding the energy globes (which the Gungans actually mined for the Alderaans at one time). They're racists/specists. He especially objects to being left in their "protective custody" when Obi-Wan goes to Theed to seek transport; but this is Obi-Wan's trick to force the two species to work together, settle their differences.

Taking Jar Jar in exchange (remember, he's a valuable member of Gungan society), Jar Jar who drives the sub, takes them to Theed. They rescue the Queen, figure out that they are stealing clone technology, and they need to get the Queen safely to Coruscant (mainly because Bail requested that they do so).

They escape, but are damaged, land on Tatooine, sensing Anakin's presence. Qui-Gon is left behind to guard the ship and the Queen while Obi-Wan (only with Jar Jar and R2, no Padme) goes into town to find parts and a mechanic. While they search from dealer to dealer, the Sith are sent in to find the missing Queen. They use the Force to focus on the presence of the Jedi Knights.

Finally, Obi-Wan finds Watto who has a mechanic (Anakin) who could fix the ship, but he's "indisposed" at the moment. Cut to Anakin in the last lap of the pod race, beats (or inadvertently kills) Sebulba. (The whole pod race scene is really short, only showing Anakin being a thrill-seeker and a gambler). Anakin walks awaly with his winnings.

***Oh yeah, Shmi and Anakin are NOT slaves!! They work for Watto. Cliegg is a down-and-out freighter pilot who just wants to farm on his own, but doesn't have enough money to buy his own property****

Meanwhile, a sandstorm has picked up. Shmi notices Obi-Wan's lightsaber, the stories her grandfather told her come back to her, and she offers shelter to the heroes while they wait for Anakin to return from the races.

At the same time, the Maul and Cise land. In the midst of the storm, Cise and Maul attack the ship. Cise battles Qui-Gon, sending him over a cliff side in their saber-duel, while Maul grabs the Queen. Qui-Gon is just too old to handle the young Sith. The Queen is actually a handmaiden in disguise but the real Queen, Padme, runs out into the storm to find Obi-Wan.

Padme stumbles the through the storm, reminiscent of Luke when he was stumbling through the snowstorm on Hoth; falling over drifts and losing her way in the blowing clouds of sand. She is sure to die when Anakin, returning from the races, finds her and takes her back to the hovel where she reunites with Obi-Wan.

Anakin is slightly jealous, but he's more intrigued by Obi-Wan, and Obi-Wan realizes that Shmi and Anakin are bloodlines of Skywalker. Soon, he's telling Anakin about the adventures of the early Skywalkers and how they defeated the Sith. He also tells Anakin that there is a prophecy, that if the Sith are to return, so will the Skywalkers to oppose them. Anakin is enthused and wants to join Obi-Wan, to become a Jedi. Cliegg doesn't like the idea, and neither does Owen. But, Shmi finally convinces Cliegg to let Anakin go. Anakin gives his winnings to Cliegg so he can buy the farm he wants.

Anakin fixes the ship and they go to Coruscant. The Jedi Council is led by Mace Windu, not Yoda. Yoda is a teacher, a philosopher who is separate from the counsel. He does not concern himself with such things, but the Counsel goes to him when something comes up in which they need advice. The possibility that Anakin is the prophecized Skywalker is such a situation, and Anakin is brought before Yoda. Yoda belittles Anakin, saying he's too old to train, etc. Anakin is refused training. Obi-Wan takes it upon himself to train him.

That's all I have so far. The rest needs some more work.

#12 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2004 - 02:41 AM

Looks pretty good to me!

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 July 2004 - 01:51 PM

I have no problem accepting it over what I've seen on screen. Nice job.

#14 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:41 AM

Obi-Wan is older, more like 25-30. Qui-Gon is older yet, closer to Ben's age in ANH, 60-70. His days as a Jedi Knight are winding down. This is going to be his last mission. I would also make him an addict of Spice (as spice enhances one's connection to the Force, but it gradually dims a person's natural ability to connect, making them more and more dependent upon the Spice). Obi

I liked everything, up till this.

C'mon commoner....you know this won't fly!!! laugh.gif

While I appreciate the legalization of marijuana point of view, this won't work in Star Wars!!!

I would gather that recreational use of drugs is the kind of thing that leads you to the dark side.

I know Yoda would be against it.

Although, if you look at Obi-Wan in Episode IV, he does kind of look like the type of person that did some serious "inhalation" cool.gif

#15 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:45 AM

Anakin fixes the ship and they go to Coruscant. The Jedi Council is led by Mace Windu, not Yoda. Yoda is a teacher, a philosopher who is separate from the counsel. He does not concern himself with such things, but the Counsel goes to him when something comes up in which they need advice. The possibility that Anakin is the prophecized Skywalker is such a situation, and Anakin is brought before Yoda. Yoda belittles Anakin, saying he's too old to train, etc. Anakin is refused training. Obi-Wan takes it upon himself to train him.

This is not bad commoner. The problem I have with it though is that it kind of incorporates a lot of the main problems a lot of us have with Ep. I.

I mean the only things that really have changed were Amidala's position and Anakin's age.

Will write more.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size