Chefelf.com Night Life: Bumbeling Britts Blow-up Bike - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Bumbeling Britts Blow-up Bike Sun Mar 20,12:26 PM ET

#1 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

Woman's Scooter Blown Up in Security Scare
Sun Mar 20,12:26 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Heidi Brown was told she could park her new scooter outside the vehicle registration office while she waited to get license plates.

To her horror, it was blown up by the army after someone reported that it might be a bomb.

Police in Ipswich, eastern England, confirmed on Thursday that a moped had been blown up in a controlled explosion after local business people "raised concerns" that it could be a bomb.

"The moped was chained to the perimeter fence outside the building. We weren't able to identify whose vehicle it was because there were no license plates on it," said a spokeswoman for Suffolk police.

She said the surrounding office buildings were evacuated and three roads were closed off.

The Daily Telegraph newspaper reported the scooter belonged to Brown, a 22-year-old care worker, who said she had been told she could leave it there awaiting inspection.

news article as short as it appears here...

"local business people "raised concerns" that it could be a bomb." ?

a new scooter out the front of the vehicle registration office... i don't blame them, sounds pretty suss.

dry.gif

MORONS!!!

#2 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 20 March 2005 - 08:47 PM

And why would there be no plates on it??!! Hrm.. Who in their right mind would bring a plateless scooter to the vehicle registration office??!

And of course there could be no owner identified.. why.. that would require going to the err.. vehichle...um.. registration.. office.. and asking...

idjits.

#3 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

I'm more curious as to why they would blow it up, especially if they thought it was a bomb. The general rule is to keep flames away from explosives.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#4 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:16 AM

Obviously it's to blow it up in a safe location, i.e. in front of the vehicle registration office, where the only casualties will be civilians. You can't have it blow up paying customers at McBurgerWorld-Pub and army encampments! Those people matter!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#5 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:45 AM

Ah, Those crazy british bomb squad guys, what would we do without them?

It's all that stupid 'how to deal with emergencys' leflet's fault. page 16: how to reportuor neighbours if you think they're terrorists and stuff. Free phone number too! Curtain twitching city round here.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#6 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Mar 21 2005, 12:32 AM)
I'm more curious as to why they would blow it up, especially if they thought it was a bomb.  The general rule is to keep flames away from explosives.

Actually this is quite common.
What happens is you blow up the trigger in a sense, before it can ignight the actual explosive. Either that or you put the thing in an explosive container and then just blow the bageezes out of it in a contained manner.

#7 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

I'd probably be pissed off about the people's stupidity if I didn't think an exploding moped was so damn funny.

Or exploding anything, really...

I like explosions. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 22 March 2005 - 12:33 AM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#8 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Mar 21 2005, 08:45 PM)
Ah, Those crazy british bomb squad guys, what would we do without them?

It's all that stupid 'how to deal with emergencys' leflet's fault. page 16: how to reportuor neighbours if you think they're terrorists and stuff. Free phone number too! Curtain twitching city round here.

It didn't come with a fridge magnet, did it? No anti-terroist kit is complete without a fridge magnet. Remember: Be alert, Not Alarmed.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#9 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:28 AM

If I didn't feel that the world was going to squat already, I'd be quite annoyed at the rounds of stupidity my countrymen are capable of.

Seriously, a bomb? Who's going to blow up the vehicle registration office? Its hardly the Houses of Parliment, are they?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#10 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

I dunno if the registration office over there is the same as here.. but maybe someone was annoyed with waiting in line?

"I've wired my moped to blow in 10 mins, if I'm not done with this registration before hand, you all PAY!"

or some sort of thing like that.. followed by
"Muhahahaha! I've outwitted the RMV!"

This post has been edited by srmoore: 22 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

#11 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Mar 22 2005, 03:28 PM)
Seriously, a bomb? Who's going to blow up the vehicle registration office? Its hardly the Houses of Parliment, are they?

Yes, you wouldn't have thought it would be high up on any terrorist's list of obvious targets, would you? Imagine Bin Laden celebrating in his cave: "Praise Allah, for the Western infidels can no longer license their motor vehicles!"
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#12 User is offline   SirTainly Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:11 AM

Errr.... I think the point is that it had no plates and so was suspect. it is illegal to drive a motor vehicle in the UK without them for the obvious reason the police cannot identify the vehicle. The owner should have got the plates before collecting the moped.

This post has been edited by SirTainly: 20 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

#13 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

I'm pretty sure thats what he was going to the vehicle registration office for. Besides is the penalty for not having plates is to have your vehicle blown the f*ck up?
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#14 User is offline   SirTainly Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (Kirby @ Apr 20 2005, 09:55 PM)
I'm pretty sure thats what he was going to the vehicle registration office for. Besides is the penalty for not having plates is to have your vehicle blown the f*ck up?

You should go to the office to get the plates before you collect the vehicle, NOT drive said vehicle to the office to get the plates. In this day and age anything is suspect..better to be safe than sorry. Also you forget in the UK during the 80 and 90s the IRA were blowing up town centres so putting a bomb outside this seemingly unimportant building is not to stop vehicle's being licensed but to create fear i.e. nowhere is safe, you can be blown up at any time.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:38 PM

either way.... if i were her, the next thing i parked out the front would be a bomb... big enough to take out any 'concearned local buisiness people'

This post has been edited by barend: 25 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size