Star Wars Fan Convention

• (5 Pages)
  • +

New Episode 3 pics awesome

#31 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 13 2004, 04:51 AM)
You don't have to make up stuff.

I respectfully disagree. To take just one example, all the crap about Palpatine 'guiding' Anakin. The only evidence we have of this is one line in AotC, which explains absolutely nothing - why the hell would the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic be involved with the training of a Jedi Padawan? Doesn't he have other things to do with his time - like, you know, governing the Republic? And what kind of 'guidance' could he give Anakin anyway? It's a classic example of Lucas's approach to storytelling - he wants us to believe that Anakin and Palpatine have some kind of relationship, but rather than actually showing us this he just states it in a throwaway line, leaving us to guess at how it could possibly have come about.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#32 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 10:21 AM

The Force ghost pic...

Please tell me somebody Photoshopped that! blink.gif

#33 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:32 PM

helena: exactly...

sagacity: frayed knot....

#34 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Helena @ Dec 13 2004, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 13 2004, 04:51 AM)
You don't have to make up stuff.

I respectfully disagree. To take just one example, all the crap about Palpatine 'guiding' Anakin. The only evidence we have of this is one line in AotC, which explains absolutely nothing - why the hell would the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic be involved with the training of a Jedi Padawan? Doesn't he have other things to do with his time - like, you know, governing the Republic? And what kind of 'guidance' could he give Anakin anyway? It's a classic example of Lucas's approach to storytelling - he wants us to believe that Anakin and Palpatine have some kind of relationship, but rather than actually showing us this he just states it in a throwaway line, leaving us to guess at how it could possibly have come about.

Do you want a whole movie in between Episode 1 and 2 about Anakin spending time with palps during breaks in his training. "ahh young skywalker, we shall be watching your career with great intrest."

And sagacity- about the pic, its not a force ghost its a hologram. and it looks pretty friggin cool and realistic to me.

#35 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

ermm.gif Which begs the question: why do this?

#36 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:46 PM

why is a hologram being projected of franky forehead in a seat that is the room... as aposed to a hologram of him and the seat he would actually be sitting on...

that's even worse...

but he gets his head chopped off i'm told...
a fate more fitting for Larry longneck

#37 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2004 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Sagacity @ Dec 13 2004, 07:43 PM)
ermm.gif  Which begs the question: why do this?

Because he can't be there in person because he is off on other worlds fighting colne war battles.

#38 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:05 PM

That's not what I meant. "Why do this" as in why make this decision to not follow what they did holographically speaking in AOTC. Or TPM, for that matter? Is this another "I do this because I can" thing?

#39 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 13 December 2004 - 08:50 PM

so the seat he's actually sitting on is projection proof. so they had to project him on an existing seat?

can i just say...

the fact that we're even having this argument brings up a really good point...

ghosts and holograms look the same...

this would make it fairly easy to play practical jokes on people, and by the same token, make alot of people skeptical...

#40 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:15 PM

I've ruined it. I read some of the info out there about this and that, what happens here and (sigh,) yep. I can see it being relevant to the plot. (if you want to call it that.)

Now, then. Is that what you wanted to hear?

#41 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Dec 13 2004, 09:15 PM)
I've ruined it. I read some of the info out there about this and that, what happens here and (sigh,) yep. I can see it being relevant to the plot. (if you want to call it that.)

Now, then. Is that what you wanted to hear?

YEs, now crawl on all fours and worship to your GOD LUCAS devil.gif

#42 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:09 AM

Hey Use,

Now why would I want to do that; so we can see eye-to-eye?

#43 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE (use the force @ Dec 14 2004, 01:37 AM)
Do you want a whole movie in between Episode 1 and 2 about Anakin spending time with palps during breaks in his training. "ahh young skywalker, we shall be watching your career with great intrest."

No, but if it's really that important a plot point then I expect to see some actual evidence of it - especially since, as I pointed out, it makes no sense. Why would Anakin be spending time with Palpatine? Does the guy regularly invite random Jedi over for tea-parties or something? We're not even given any idea of what kind of 'guidance' Palpatine could have given him. Just one short scene of the two together could have gone a long way towards rectifying this, though it wouldn't make the idea of a politician training Jedi any less inane.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#44 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:00 PM

Helena-

No, but if it's really that important a plot point then I expect to see some actual evidence of it - especially since, as I pointed out, it makes no sense. Why would Anakin be spending time with Palpatine? Does the guy regularly invite random Jedi over for tea-parties or something? We're not even given any idea of what kind of 'guidance' Palpatine could have given him. Just one short scene of the two together could have gone a long way towards rectifying this, though it wouldn't make the idea of a politician training Jedi any less inane.

[/quote]

The chancellor regularly consults with jedi during his reign to ask them for advice. What is so hard to believe that a Chancellor is trying to get close to a certain jedi because he know he is the "chosen one." Thats his whole plan, get close to him and then turn him.

#45 User is offline   littlejerryseinfeld Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

The chancellor regularly consults with jedi during his reign to ask them for advice. What is so hard to believe that a Chancellor is trying to get close to a certain jedi because he know he is the "chosen one." Thats his whole plan, get close to him and then turn him.

now who's 'making stuff up'? don't you find it ridiculous that the relationship between anakin and palpatine HAS GOTTEN ABSOLUTELY NO SCREEN TIME?

the whole point of these prequels was to show HOW anakin succumbed to the dark side... and in 2 movies, we've seen no evidence, other than the throwaway line in AOTC, that anakin/palpatine ever had ANY interaction...

how 'bout showing their relationship, instead of showing the origin story of BOBA FETT? i mean, which is more important to the overall story of star wars? the birth of darth vader, or why some insignificant bounty hunter has a chip on his shoulder?

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size