Chefelf.com Night Life: Objection To Motivational Power Of Pot - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Objection To Motivational Power Of Pot Sunday, May 7, 2006

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

Mom's Homework Reward Was Pot
Friday, May 5, 2006; 9:20 PM

HANOVER, Pa. -- A 13-year-old boy told police his mother required him to do his homework first thing when he got off the school bus, then smoked marijuana with him as a reward.

The boy's mother said she had been smoking marijuana with him since he was 11, usually as a reward, according to court documents.

The interviews came after police executed a search warrant at the woman's home during the weekend and seized marijuana, an array of drug paraphernalia, and $600 in cash that she said belonged to a drug dealer, court documents said.

Amanda Lynn Livelsberger, 30, was scheduled for a preliminary hearing Friday on charges of marijuana possession, corruption of minors, endangering the welfare of children and possession with intent to distribute drug paraphernalia, police said.

A telephone listing for Livelsberger couldn't be found and it wasn't immediately clear whether she had an attorney.

Police said the woman said she also smoked marijuana with two of her son's friends, ages 17 and 18, and the 18-year-old told investigators he had also bought heroin from her.

http://www.washingto...6050501602.html

Hang on now, lets get this straight. Doing the work came before smoking the reefer?

blink.gif

FUCK! I've been getting it wrong for years now! That'd explain the bad marks lately...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:17 PM

Well, at least he always got his homework done.
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:38 PM

Times like these make me hate my parents.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 07 May 2006 - 02:28 PM

The corruption of minors and endangerment of children seems to be happening in many hidden forms, except some people don't know it.

I am not sure about the costs in court but for persistant users: If the prosecuters cared about health, what good will that do for the best interest of the son if they charge the lady in court? She may still be able to find other ways to feed him the plant.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 07 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

#5 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

being narced by your own kids...

this is what happens when youdon't smack your kids

#6 User is offline   ion eon Icon

• Evolved
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:stuff....

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:28 PM

i hates narcs
OH NO!!!

#7 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 7 2006, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
being narced by your own kids...

this is what happens when youdon't smack your kids

Not always true but I am not sure if it is the lady's or his idea. Well what I have seen: When a "kid" is being hit, sometimes they take it out on another person they can manipulate. Whose issue was it for encouraging the young person to be like that in the first place? It sounds to me like he was not taught reasoning in that way. Without reasoning onto why that is not legal, he could still be the same when he grows up but more quiet, no matter how much violence is received.

For where I am, violence was never the answer to what I have seen and the outcome, even though I witness some people swearing and hitting their children in public, they seem to grow up to do the same. Maybe the treatment and effect could reflect on the culture and the type of people.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:12 PM

it was a joke.... i, in fact, was refereing to 'smack' as in heroin.

#9 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:15 PM

Yeah, I got it.

Dee didn't, I suppose?
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#10 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 7 2006, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was a joke.... i, in fact, was refereing to 'smack' as in heroin.

Ah two sided meaning, shown by the italics.
Instead I went for the verb.

"This is what happens when you expose your kids to smack."

I forgot that "smack" was another term for those drugs.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 07 May 2006 - 08:25 PM

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

the suggestion was that if they took heroine they would have covered for her to keep the supply alive.

#12 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:13 AM

Goddamn. I'd have done my homework too if moms would have packed a bowl for me. Instead I just always told her I finished it at school.

... and look at me now! cool.gif

#13 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:47 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 8 2006, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the suggestion was that if they took heroine they would have covered for her to keep the supply alive.

Oh so they would have let her off until the supply goes weak for heroine.
Not sure if this is right, but another suggestion I am seeing, is it because heroine holds more value to them?

#14 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

Something about this makes me want to not believe the kid narked. I mean it says they executed a search warrant first and that the mother and son both told them things. My guess is all of this was revealed in interrogation and not by narcing out his own mom, cuz that's fucking cold and uncalled for. If you read the second and then the third paragraph closely it dosnt look like the kid squealed, but the first sentence is just bad writing and misleading.

As for the actual story, fuck the police and the horse they rode in on. The kid may have been a bit young to start smoking but it was his parent's decision and she seemed to be being responsible about it. There are a million thirteen year olds that don't do their homework and go out and smoke pot with god knows who, and the pigs have a problem with this? She can be charged for the heroin and distribution, but it dosn't look like she endangered or neglected her son.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#15 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:23 AM

To that, the type of cigarettes that are sold legally with rocket fuel could be just as bad, except some parents do not guide their children. Instead it sounds to me like the police could be splitting families up this way in court rather than helping them reasonably by stating the facts such as the health risks involved.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 10 May 2006 - 08:27 AM

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size