Chefelf.com Night Life: Schwarzenegger Backs Amending Presidential Rule - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Schwarzenegger Backs Amending Presidential Rule Monday, February 23, 2004

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:43 AM

Schwarzenegger Backs Amending Presidential Rule

By KIRK SEMPLE

Published: February 22, 2004

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who was born in Austria and became an American citizen in 1983, said today he would support a constitutional amendment that would allow a foreign-born citizen to run for president.

Current law makes the office available only to native-born citizens, but Senator Orrin G. Hatch of Utah has introduced a resolution proposing an amendment that would allow a foreign-born person who has been a United States citizen for at least 20 years to be a candidate.

http://www.nytimes.c...;partner=GOOGLE

Really? You don't say. Schwarzenegger backs this? Judging by the wording of that amendment Schwarzenegger would be fine backing it if it also said that you had to have starred in a number of movies about a powerful barbarian who fights James Earl Jones and your name rhymes with 'Blwarzenegger'.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:42 AM

What would Schwarzenegger do with the country if he had it?

#3 User is offline   Sweater Girl Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:34 PM

He'd probably build the world's largest go-cart racing facility.
Company X
"A better place to work."

#4 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:15 PM

If an amendement like this passed it would be amazing. I'm not necessarily against the amendment but it just seems very convenient that he is backing this as A) a naturalized citizen who has recently attained elected office and cool.gif it's worded to say that a candidate would have had to be a citizen for EXACTLY the amount of time that Schwarzenegger has been a citizen.

I see no attempt at all to hide the fact that he clearly has his eyes on the white house. That's a little scary. I have no problem with a foreign born president but I do have a problem with someone gaining a little power then using that power to change laws to suit his own needs.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

And you're probably right about the go-cart thing.

#6 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:15 PM

Hey if i lived in california i might just have voted for him, i might have thought hey he isnt really a politician and california is nutty as it is..bring on another nut, but for president? i think not. i think it is likely that just by the fact that he is openly supporting this people will see it as a joke. really whats he gonna say

This amendment would be a really good ideah, but it should include robots from the future...ill be back

#7 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:28 AM

I'd vote for him I think.

Alright, at this point, I feel like things are headed downward at enough velocity that it would take a really enormous change of pace to pull it back up again, and honestly, different people don't get elected. Change doesn't sound resonable because there's always been a catch. In this safety obsessed society the only comfortable option is to teeter back and forth between republecrats and democlicans and pretend it makes a big difference in our lives, when honestly it makes about as much difference to most of us as the superbowl.

From what I can see, the lives that get changed are those of the people in Iraq and Afghanistan. I have no clue how helpful/destructive we have really been in these areas because media can tell me anything they want to however they want to. Hell, I think Iraq should be electing our new president. That's where it makes a difference.

Meanwhile, since that will never happen, I'd rather bring this failing plane down now before it gets up enough speed to destroy more than it has to when it hits. You know, the "bring it down in the open field before it reachs urban land" approach.

#8 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:14 PM

lol democlicans, that sounds like some kind of invading alien race, no offense to all you demo's or clican's

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 25 February 2004 - 11:27 PM

you may as well accept it!

they last guy got in after loosing by 30 000 votes!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size