Chefelf.com Night Life: grevious screen cap... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

grevious screen cap... found the elusive bastard!

#31 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Apr 20 2005, 05:57 PM)
biggrin.gif  ^ exactly! One thing I notice with people who hate the prequels...they're always comparing! Always comparing to the OT.

What else are we going to compare it to? Mary Poppins?

"Well ANH has this, and TPM doesnt have this, and Luke did this, but Anakin did this and it was stupid, ESB was this and AOTC was that..." man come on. It turned out differently than the way you pictured it in your head when you were a drooling milksop of a child...sorry things turned out that way, but it is what it is.

But it didn't have to be this bad. Just look around this forum alone to see how it could have been done and still not insult our intelligence. Or worse (in GL's eyes): make people long for the days of the O-OT.

Now I'll admit, the CGI in AOTC was nothing but video game graphics, but looking at ROTS I'm impressed by how real alot of this stuff is looking. People, you really need to get used to CGI, in 10-15 years its gonna be the standard. Welcome to the future.

The future was here since Tron. What good is CGI if there's a crummy story to go with it?

#32 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:55 PM

In some movies, it's used very well. But not in the prequels. Seriously guys, go to another forum.

Most of us have no time for the prequels as you should probably be able to figure out. And we also judge movies on their own merits, not by their novelisations - which you'd have to be pretty sad to read anyway in this case, as these movies are shit.

You guys ruin the atmosphere of this forum.

Look, the majority of us are adults. We like to discuss things intelligently. If you read our posts, you'll notice we don't use childish exp​ressions like "badass". Lastly, most of us don't have time for guys like you.

I've told Storm Shadow and I'm telling you guys, go to the Force.Net.

It'll be better for you and better for us.

#33 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

If you are an adult as you say you are, then you should realize that we have every right to be here as you do.

Don't say we're automatically less intelligent because we don't bash the prequels. It's your opinion the the movies are crap, not a fact.

This post has been edited by HeckHouse: 20 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

#34 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

I'll never go to theforce.net, those guys over there are weirdos. I like this forum because it gives me a chance to vent about stuff I dont like about Star Wars....but at the same time, I love the entire saga, even though the last two movies were less than mediocre I still accept them for what they are. I agree with 90% of the problems Chef pointed out in each Reasons To Hate article. I like being here. Stop being so uppity, you're the one who called me "a bit of an idiot" in the first place.

#35 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

Why do both of you reply at the same time? Please tell me you're not one person, running with two user names at once? Because that would be just sad.

#36 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:45 PM

What have you bashed, Storm Shadow? I'm just not aware of what you've said.

^ exactly! One thing I notice with people who hate the prequels...they're always comparing! Always comparing to the OT.

If you haven't noticed TPM, AOTC, ROTS didn't come out of nowhere. There was a clamor for these prequels since ROTJ had been in the theatre houses. You CANNOT have the PT without the OT. There is no way it works any other way. If the OT's never existed (and I know a few of you gushers wish they didn't), the PT's would've been a passable summer flick and forgotten.

"Well ANH has this, and TPM doesnt have this, and Luke did this, but Anakin did this and it was stupid, ESB was this and AOTC was that..." man come on. It turned out differently than the way you pictured it in your head when you were a drooling milksop of a child...sorry things turned out that way, but it is what it is.

Hmmm.... what was being said about "adults" around here?

Now I'll admit, the CGI in AOTC was nothing but video game graphics, but looking at ROTS I'm impressed by how real alot of this stuff is looking. People, you really need to get used to CGI, in 10-15 years its gonna be the standard. Welcome to the future.

As stated in a previous post. Great CGI means NOTHING without a decent story, great characters, and drama to back it up. Lucas is completely going back on his own words which say the same thing.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#37 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

Same person? No.

#38 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:24 PM

see u guys. if u have a different opinion tmovie goer just calls you an idiot and openly calls your opinions shit faced. see i used to try and debate rationaly like you guys until this forum drove me insane so now im here spamming it just to piss these mates off. g'day mate u movie goer faggot.

#39 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:19 PM

Are you proud of yourself?

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (use the force @ Apr 20 2005, 07:24 PM)
see u guys. if u have a different opinion tmovie goer just calls you an idiot and openly calls your opinions shit faced. see i used to try and debate rationaly like you guys until this forum drove me insane so now im here spamming it just to piss these mates off. g'day mate u movie goer faggot.

what exactly sent you insane.... I was always rational to you, then you just jumped on me last time in an argument i was having with someone else...

WTF?

#41 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

MG: This is a forum for discussing Star Wars. These guys want to discuss Star Wars. If you want to just shit on everybody for liking things that you hate, then YOU are the one who should go to theforce.net. These guys may be talking out their asses, but so far at least one of them is basing his opinions on having read the novelisation, which goes to show he may know what this character is supposed to be about. So far you haven't contributed anything to this thread but personal attacks. And remember: you're one of the people I like.

Please lighten up or back down.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#42 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

Alright.

#43 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:44 PM

charming

#44 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

barend you hate epsiode 3 so i hate you, its that simple really

#45 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

do i? i haven't seen it yet?

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size