Page 1 of 1

Zero Punctuation: Heavy Rain

#1 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

http://www.escapistm...1528-Heavy-Rain

In which his writing style seems somewhat different. Is weird when Yahtzee says something is good, and starts almost gushing about it, and then doesn't say "just kidding, it's made of the sort of arse you see in low grade strip joints staffed entirely by zombies".

His metaphors seemed more amusing than usual as well.

#2 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

You're imagining it; the only thing he did differently was slightly affect an upper-class accent.

#3 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

I really, really wonder why I'm still watching these. I hardly play anything new anymore anyway and I'm completely out of sync with what's going on in the gaming industry. Plus I don't even focus enough on the video to figure out what Mr. Y's actually saying, most of the time.

Guess I'm only in it for the pretty pictures.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#4 User is offline   Thaluikhain Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

View PostGobbler, on 21 March 2010 - 01:35 AM, said:

I hardly play anything new anymore anyway and I'm completely out of sync with what's going on in the gaming industry.

Me too...but Yahtzee is stull funny, or at least funny enough to watch 4 mins of a week.

#5 User is offline   AdamM Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:11 PM

Just read posts on Penny Arcade and Kotaku now and then, it's how I get my news.

#6 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

View PostGobbler, on 21 March 2010 - 01:35 AM, said:

I hardly play anything new anymore anyway and I'm completely out of sync with what's going on in the gaming industry.

Heathen! Go back to worshipping your precious Amiga.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#7 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Was I the only one who thought that naming it like that was a bit weird? Not quite as weird as "Wii", but still...

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#8 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

View PostGobbler, on 05 April 2010 - 11:44 PM, said:

Was I the only one who thought that naming it like that was a bit weird? Not quite as weird as "Wii", but still...

You have to give your company or product a sassy name otherwise it just becomes redundant. Or, if you're a foreigner, just name it after yourself.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#9 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

Yes yes yes, we all know how marketing works, that's not what I was getting at - I'm only trying to evaluate the current sanity level of this place.

#10 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:42 AM

Anyway, today I was at the video library and I passed by Heavy Rain. I picked it up and considered renting it. I then proceeded to put it back down because I realised it's pointless because I already have a game like that on my PC and the one on my PC has nakedness. Heavy Rain can't compete with that.
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size