Chefelf.com Night Life: Star Wars: The Live-Action Show - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Star Wars: The Live-Action Show

#1 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

Well, it's starting. From here

According to Lucas, the show will focus on minor characters from the saga and be set in the time period between “Revenge of the Sith” (Episode III) and the original “Star Wars” (Episode IV). The action will follow the Rebel Alliance as it slowly gains strength against the Empire. There will be Stormtroopers, but no Jedi or Darth Vader will appear on screen. As he did with the “Clone Wars” series, Lucas will write and shoot an entire year’s worth of episodes before looking for a cable channel on which to air the series.

Lucas has apparently characterized the show as "Deadwood meets the Sopranos in space." I'm skeptical about his ability to pull this off, given his atrocious screenwriting skills, but I like the idea.

#2 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Commodore. I look at this as an ancient crack-addict girlfriend telling me for the umpeenth time she's going to clean up her act. Nice if it happens, but not holding my breath...

#3 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:50 AM

Right, Toru-chan, she can quite whenever she wants. Unlike Lucas.

It's going to be retched.

#4 User is offline   Saberist Icon

• New Cop

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Commodore @ Mar 11 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it's starting. From here

Lucas has apparently characterized the show as "Deadwood meets the Sopranos in space." I'm skeptical about his ability to pull this off, given his atrocious screenwriting skills, but I like the idea.

Uhmmm, yeah.

Bryne couldn’t have been more pleased about her time working with Lucas on 2002’s “Attack of the Clones.” “My experience was wonderful,” she said. “George is a great guy. I was just there for a week, standing behind Natalie [Portman] looking very demure and supportive. 95% of the fan mail I get is from ‘Star Wars’ and I’ve never seen them.”

As much as she enjoyed the “Star Wars” experience, Byrne, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her work on FX’s “Damages,” will not be auditioning for the live-action series. “I’m on a show,” she said. “I don’t know if I look that good in space.”

Does Lucas not get the Joke? The woman never saw the movies. Doesn't 'know if she'll look good in space'. Without Portman to stand in front of her. Run! Hide! FEAR!

http://moviesblog.mt...sting-underway/

Saberist

#5 User is offline   Vesuvius Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Saberist @ Mar 12 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does Lucas not get the Joke? The woman never saw the movies. Doesn't 'know if she'll look good in space'. Without Portman to stand in front of her.

Already, this was bringing a smile to my face,

QUOTE (Saberist @ Mar 12 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Run! Hide! FEAR!

But this is what made me explode with laughter. Well done. laugh.gif laugh.gif

#6 User is offline   Eagle Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

Well, Im not that enthusiastic about it. Just dont expect the classis Star Wars feeling and you cant be disappointed. If you just think of the worst you can at least get surprised in a positive way. If that will be possible. sick.gif

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size