Chefelf.com Night Life: Halp the incompetend guy! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Halp the incompetend guy! Because he's so very lovable.

#1 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:28 AM

Alright. My computer keeps telling me that Bittorrent is corrupt and unreadable, and I ought to use the Chkdsk utility.

Problem is, whenever I open the Chkdsk utility, it automatically closes.

Alright, I removed Bittorrent, because I thought that would shut the damned alert up, but evidently BTDna is still on, and still corrupt, and I can't delete it without giving permission. It says it needs permission, but it doesn't have a "Give permission" button. And I'm the only account on this computer.

This post has been edited by Otal Nimrodi: 12 July 2008 - 01:34 AM

Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:09 AM

Okay, when you're asking for help like this it helps to know what operating system you're using, to post exact readouts of the error messages, etc. Right now all I know is you have a computer, you have the bit torrent protocol installed on it, and it doesn't like to work for you for some reason.

#3 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

BitTorrent is shit. Use Azureus.

Don't forget to add a firewall exception.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Jul 12 2008, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BitTorrent is shit. Use Azureus.

Don't forget to add a firewall exception.

Have they fixed their insane resource-hog issues yet? I switched to uTorrent years ago and never looked back.

#5 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

Yes, the memory leaks are fixed and the usage is much lower. Always upgrading to the latest java release (6r10 i think? don't remember) helps performance quite a bit. Also, if you grab azureus now, make sure you turn off their stupid Vuze bullshit. It's their media portal which is complete garbage.

Also by only account do you mean it's a personal account or are you running as Administrator?

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size