Blizzard rips off Yahtzee New splash screen technique is familiar

#16 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (AdamM @ Jun 29 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-you can't stop spouting absolute shite most of the time-

Well, it was a joke based off that insult. But yeah, okay, let's go with the low confidence thing because it makes you look like a jerk.
Also, you used the word 'bloke'. Are you apart of the Australian demographic?
I just realised I could have just PMed all that and saved everyone elses time.
Well, shit.

This post has been edited by Patch: 29 June 2008 - 12:52 AM

For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#17 User is offline   Ghello Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Whys Diablo in ice? that maybe a dumb question but I couldn't ever get through Diablo 2 due to it being fucking awful.

#18 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 29 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

I rather enjoyed Diablo 2 actually, just because I'm a twink fanatic. The new character classes were largely worthless though.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 29 June 2008 - 01:45 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#19 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

I found the game difficult for casual players. I couldn't find a winning strategy no matter how many times I tried. I just assumed it was tweaked in the patches.
Was Diablo 2 actually hard or did I just suck?
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#20 User is offline   HldmeThrllmeChrs&Trlby Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

You probably picked the wrong character clazz or just didnt focus on the itams. Also, whining i nyour sig is kinda a silly way to stop people from sigging your siggable sig sayings. Sigged!
i really dont ok?

#21 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

We seem to have a battalion of mental deficiency encroaching on our beachhead of intellect. Phone the sarge, we may need to withdraw all ground troops and nuke. We can return and reclaim after they've moved on from the scorched earth.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#22 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (HldmeThrllmeChrs&Trlby @ Jun 30 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You probably picked the wrong character clazz or just didnt focus on the itams. Also, whining i nyour sig is kinda a silly way to stop people from sigging your siggable sig sayings. Sigged!

I genuinely didn't think it would change in the messages I had already posted.

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jun 30 2008, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We seem to have a battalion of mental deficiency encroaching on our beachhead of intellect. Phone the sarge, we may need to withdraw all ground troops and nuke. We can return and reclaim after they've moved on from the scorched earth.

It's too late for you! You can't nuke the internet! You've already succumbed to the mental deficiency! Posting that rediculous scenario just proves it!
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#23 User is offline   reiner Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Wow, I come back and see my off handed remarks about the topic devolved into this. My bad. Remind me never to question anyone ever again.

Meanwhile, Diablo 3 gameplay looks interesting if anyone's watched the trailer. The environments look incredible and seem pretty interactive, destructible.

#24 User is offline   Kurtt Reigo Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Validating

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

the joke at the beginning of this thread is really bad. i used to play diablo 2 all the time until i forgot about it over a summer and blizzard erased my awesome characters. then i realized how much it sucked. who is going to be the boss of this game? i've killed diablo twice already, and both of his brothers

i agree with patch. theres no reason to go around calling everyone dumb all the time, and using that vocabulary just shows us you found a thesaurus

Was Diablo 2 actually hard or did I just suck?
you need looooooooooooooooooots of healing potions and you need to keep killing everything over and over in order to get good equipment, and you also need to have created your character perfectly (no bad skillpoints or attribute points). it was probably the game

#25 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Kurtt Reigo @ Jul 4 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the joke at the beginning of this thread is really bad. i used to play diablo 2 all the time until i forgot about it over a summer and blizzard erased my awesome characters. then i realized how much it sucked. who is going to be the boss of this game? i've killed diablo twice already, and both of his brothers

His names Jim. He's a distant cousin of Diablo... or something.

QUOTE (Kurtt Reigo @ Jul 4 2008, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i agree with patch. theres no reason to go around calling everyone dumb all the time, and using that vocabulary just shows us you found a thesaurus

Someone's agreeing with me. Nice.
It could also mean that he's finished the dictionary. I tried once. I just couldn't get into it. The plot was too dull.
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#26 User is offline   HldmeThrllmeChrs&Trlby Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

Be wary of this Kurtt ive got a bad feeling about this. you pin a dragon to your hat! your up in the attic with the bats! He will bring his troutkrieg upon you and then you will suuuuffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer
i really dont ok?

#27 User is offline   joshofalltrades Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Kurtt Reigo @ Jul 3 2008, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Patch @ Jul 3 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It could also mean that he's finished the dictionary. I tried once. I just couldn't get into it. The plot was too dull.

Or it could mean there's some actual gray matter in between my ears. Maybe I like to be a little more creative with my verbiage. If that makes your head hurt, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to change the way I write because you imagine that the only way somebody can possibly know all those gosh durn big words is by looking them up.

Also, I call it like I see it. There's some serious stupidity in this thread. I'm kind of regretting starting it, but not for the reasons you think.
My Let's Play of I Wanna Be The Guy! Do you have the balls?

--------------------------------------------
The Queen's own English, base knave, dost thou speak it?

#28 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jul 7 2008, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or it could mean there's some actual gray matter in between my ears. Maybe I like to be a little more creative with my verbiage. If that makes your head hurt, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to change the way I write because you imagine that the only way somebody can possibly know all those gosh durn big words is by looking them up.

To be honest, I knew all the words. But I just did the dictionary joke without thinking. In hindsight, it was not funny at all. But you win some you lose some.

QUOTE (joshofalltrades @ Jul 7 2008, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I call it like I see it. There's some serious stupidity in this thread. I'm kind of regretting starting it, but not for the reasons you think.

Alternate titles could include 'Blizzard Rips Off Yahtzee; Makes it less subtle'
For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#29 User is offline   Patch Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:23 AM

Right.

As...well, probably all of you know, there's somewhat of a debate raging at the moment about the state of the art direction in D3.

I for one actually like (God forbid) the semi-new direction. It's been thought out, several of the new mechanics have been explained in the developer walkthroughs, and I'm genuinely pleased that Blizzard refuse to sink into the pit of grey/brown rendering that's plaguing the current horror/darker titles release as of recent.

So thoughts then? Will the 46,000 strong petition for a 'new art direction' be successful? Are Blizz really going to redevelop in order to silence the supposed majority of fans?

I see what you did there

For King and Country
Chaotic Good

#30 User is offline   Goat Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:20 AM

Uh...didn't I like...say the exact same thing in an actual thread dedicated to Diablo 3 instead of some '*chortle* Blizz ripped off Yahtzee *guffaw*' thread?

I mean...yes, it says 'Blizzard' in the name, but that doesn't necessarily make it an all encompassing topic.

Hell, if it is the D3 topic, I stand corrected.

This post has been edited by Goat: 21 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size