#1 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:36 AM

I.

Love.

FolderShare.

I recommend this 100% to any students that use a laptop for school and a desktop at home. Or anyone at all who's using more than one computer in any way. Automatic file synchronization.

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:16 PM

Hmmmm. Sounds cool but I'm scared to use it for some reason. I guess I shouldn't be since I use a bunch of Google stuff and they don't seem to be much better with the whole privacy thing. I'm always just worried that Microsoft is tracking me at all times, even though I have a completely legitimate copy of Windows.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   z e w b Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 05:49 AM

You could also just write a script that synchronizes your files through SSH. I'd rather do that than trust some website with my private files.

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (z e w b @ Apr 18 2008, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could also just write a script that synchronizes your files through SSH. I'd rather do that than trust some website with my private files.

If you're concerned about private files, you shouldn't be sharing them out in any way. That's just stupid. If you need to transfer something private from one computer to another, you should be using removable media like an external hard drive or a flash drive, not sharing them over a network. If you use something like this to transfer over a file with all of your banking information in it, you DESERVE to have it fall into the wrong hands.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size