Chefelf.com Night Life: No Alliterative Title - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

No Alliterative Title Just another article about irresponsible medicine.

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 12 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there were a relatively safe procedure that made penises bigger and still functional, would guys go for it as often as women go for boob jobs? (Assuming the risks, price range, effectiveness, etc. are all similar.)

no. mostly because of the whole back problem thing.

#17 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 13 2007, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the macho-method works. Just compare Johnny Depp to Steve Ballmer. Same principle.

Johnny Depp... to Steve... Ballmer? What? I don't see the connection between wearing too much make-up in pirate movies and shouting at Microsoft employees.

#18 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Gobbler @ Feb 13 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blink.gif Whuh? You English speaking types say Zeitgeist, too? mellow.gif

Cool. *adds "Zeitgeist" to the list, next to "Blitzkrieg", "Kindergarten", "Kinder Surprise" and "Gesundheit"*

And now for the off-topic question of all questions:

How do you pronounce it? tongue.gif

Oh yeah and, great post, very... eidetic.

Zeitgeist is the name of a column in our local TV guide, giving a run down of films or books or shows in town. I seem to pronounce it as either "Zite-geest" or "Zeet-giste", in both cases using 'g' as in 'Garry'. I really have no idea about how it's supposed to be pronounced.

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 14 2007, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's "Kinder Surprise?"

It's a chocolate egg with a crappy toy inside. There are various other Kinder chocolates, but the Kinder Surprise was really popular with children a few years back due to a successful ad campaign.

QUOTE (Spoon Poetic @ Feb 14 2007, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys brag about and compare their penises to each other all the time, even before they're interested in sex.

Since when? That just sounds weird. Most guys want nothing to do with others penises.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:22 AM

Ok, I could deal with having small breasts or a small wang, but can they fucking well get around to some kind of treatment that permanently gets rid of hair? Fidel Castro once explained why he dosnt keep clean shaven: One spends around 5000 minutes a year shaving, which translates into several days, or something. I think.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 14 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Feb 14 2007, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I could deal with having small breasts or a small wang, but can they fucking well get around to some kind of treatment that permanently gets rid of hair? Fidel Castro once explained why he dosnt keep clean shaven: One spends around 5000 minutes a year shaving, which translates into several days, or something. I think.

three and a half days...

whereas i spend over a week a year on a goddamned bus.

#21 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 February 2007 - 10:41 PM

Fawk... I hope it's a tour bus of a really rockin band then...

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#22 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Feb 14 2007, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, one of the few facts I recall from a fairly poor Ancient History class was that Caesar (as in Julius) use to depilate his own body. I guess he was of the same mindset, but man can you imagine how much time that would have taken. It does make razors all the more inviting ohmy.gif
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#23 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:53 PM

My comment: What's awesome about this story is not only that the procedure has been approved despite a serious risk to future cancer detection, but also that a separate story about an improvement in breast cancer treatment follows. Like, big boobs is news, and breast cancer treatment is the B story.

Thats scary. We don't even try to be sneaky about it any more. Society just accepts it.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#24 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

*reads the first line of the article*

yeeuughh!

yeah, let's have things start growing in places that are already really susceptible to cancer. great idea. </sarcasm>

I don't really understand the whole girls-wanting-bigger-breasts phenomenon. it seems like then you'd just have people staring at them all the time. I mean, maybe some people like the attention, but I would think that having breasts disproportionate to the rest of one's figure would be a serious impediment to being taken seriously.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#25 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Emu @ May 7 2007, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't really understand the whole girls-wanting-bigger-breasts phenomenon. it seems like then you'd just have people staring at them all the time. I mean, maybe some people like the attention, but I would think that having breasts disproportionate to the rest of one's figure would be a serious impediment to being taken seriously.

Lets not forget, that boobs are soft and fun to handle. I wouldnt want bigger ones necessarily, but I wouldnt complain if my girlfriend did. But in all fairness, natural boobs feel much better than fake ones.

#26 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

Well, these would be natural.

In other news, apparently there's some way to make breast cancer more detectable, and like, save lives and stuff. sleeping.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size