Chefelf.com Night Life: Can't Tell If She's A Boy Or A Girl... - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Can't Tell If She's A Boy Or A Girl... Tuesday, December 26, 2006

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:07 PM

Indian athlete fails gender test

A top Indian woman athlete who won a silver medal at a recent regional championship has failed a gender test, officials say.

Santhi Soundararajan, who took the silver in the women's 800m race at the Asian Games in Doha, has been stripped of her medal, reports say.

Soundararajan, 25, was declared the best athlete at an Indian championship in the capital, Delhi, this year.

In 1999, a woman in an Indian state football team failed a gender test.

Not mandatory

"Santhi was subjected to a gender test in Doha and we have received the report which says she failed the test," said Manmohan Singh, chairman of the Indian Olympic Association's Medical Commission.

Soundararajan is refusing to comment. "I was not informed about the test results and I don't know much on that. I do not want to talk about it," she told journalists.

The test is not mandatory, but is carried out if officials want it or a rival team protests, reports say.

KP Mohan, a sports journalist, said athletes were usually examined by a team of doctors, including a gynaecologist, endocrinologist and psychologist, and put through physical and clinical examinations during a gender test.

The test was carried out soon after Soundararajan came second in the women's 800m race on 9 December.

Reports say the athlete cleared the gender test at the Asian track and field championship in South Korea last year where she won the silver medal in the 800m.

It is not clear how she failed the test at the Asian Games in Doha.

This is the second controversy to hit Indian athletes within a month - female shot putter Seema Antil was withdrawn from the Asian Games after she failed a pre-competition dope test.

http://news.bbc.co.u...sia/6188775.stm

HOW THE HELL DO YOU FAIL A GODDAMN GENDER TEST?!? YOU EITHER HAVE A WANG OR A WOMB, ITS NOT LIKE THERE'S SHADES OF GREY! AARRGH!

But on the other hand, his/her surname does look a bit like Soundgarden.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:25 PM

... words fail me. ohmy.gif

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#3 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

Give me five minutes alone with her and I'll have you're answer.

#4 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 December 2006 - 03:30 PM

Couldn't it be done remotely with an Infrared camera?

#5 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 26 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

Or, y'know, just whip her trousers down and check for a bulge down below.

Less Is More v4

#6 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:16 PM

I wonder how many of us would pass a gender test. I mean, you have to get nervous and then you might end up filling in the wrong circle next to where it says "Do you have a cock yes/no/maybe"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#7 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:26 PM

Gentlemen, please, that's not the just way to determine a lady's rightfulness.

Just have a conversation with her about life and the world and what not and if you come out thinking "What the hell...?" - Bingo.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#8 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 December 2006 - 05:32 PM

This is funny. Anyway, what happens is that a man who has had a sex change to become a woman is genetically still a man, and due to larger muscle groups can probably still run faster. She is not allowed to compete as a woman due to an unfair advantage.

But yeah, I think Gobbler has it right. Flash Nicole Richie's new book in front of her, and if she doesn't even blink, then = man. That's probably how they did it.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#9 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 26 December 2006 - 07:11 PM

Then I would say, "What is this a farm?"
"No I don't own livestock."

"You are confusing me I thought this Championship was strictly for humans."

Just how stupid is that. It is their problem if they are so dumb to recognise other features that they have to become that invasive. Maybe she refused to be stripped so they stripped her of her medal instead.

Apparently, Santhi's case was taken up only because a doping control officer reported suspicions about her during a routine urine sample collection procedure.

The gender verification tests are based on chromosomes and sometimes a sexual disorder results in the presence of male chromosomes in a female. The athlete would then present male-like features, though without gaining any undue advantage. Ljungqvist informed ToI that a number of athletes have suffered in the past due to the genetic tests.

http://sport.indiati...show/903809.cms

Any gender can pickup features such as height but not only from either parent. This seems to be a discriminating message that, "hey her urine has male charactisterics therefore we don't know for sure."

It sounds to me like they are saying that ladies are not suppose appear in every way like men or run as fast as a male athlete. I am thinking that they are trying to make her out as someone who had a sex change or a disorder where a person has organs from both genders.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 26 December 2006 - 07:30 PM

#10 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:17 AM

"The athlete would then present male-like features, though without gaining any undue advantage."

So basically, they're calling her a man that can't run. Way to make a lady runner feel special, there.

Less Is More v4

#11 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Dec 27 2006, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOW THE HELL DO YOU FAIL A GODDAMN GENDER TEST?!? YOU EITHER HAVE A WANG OR A WOMB, ITS NOT LIKE THERE'S SHADES OF GREY! AARRGH!

How do you think the girl/boy feels? This event stinks of corruption. I am angry.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#12 User is offline   banned Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:B Horror Movies, Distopian Literature, Cult Rituals, Puppies.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:13 PM

Why should it even matter... the girly man/manly girl can run if s/he feels like it. Cut him/her some slack. (is something wrong with her upper body or is it just a bad picture?)

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size