• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

6DAS discussion and help For yakking about the new release

#16 User is offline   Crashie Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:17 AM

Just finished it, simply amazing. Great work.

#17 User is offline   fornax Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:52 AM

It's interesting. Curious parallals with 1213. Can't help thinking I'm 1213 again as I hobble around the complex. Oh, grud. That's not how it's going to end, is it? I'm still on Day 2. Is everybody outside dead?!? No, can't be. This is 196 years before 7 days.

Anyway, since you mentioned the game was a little raw and asked for comments, here's mine:

1. It's a bit unbelievable at the start where you can identify a small piece of paper on the desk as a burnt memo while LYING IN BED WITH A BROKEN NECK. I can't see you seeing anything but the ceiling! Maybe the rest of the room should be 'I can't see it' until you're actually standing up?

2. Actually, the whole broke-my-neck-and-now-i'm-walking thing is kinda unbelievable. It's probably possible because of some amoral science Dr. Sam was involved in but it's not explained. Not in the first two days anyway. I think I'd be asking about that first thing if i were the patient. Maybe Dr. Sam could make some quick comment about that? Or did I miss the explanation?

2. Is it a bug that characters just vanish outside of doors, rather than the doors opening? They could at least open to show blackness before characters disappear. Now it looks like the characters just squeeze through the gap between the closed doors.

3. One thing that really annoys me is that when you click on a door you can't change your mind. Your character walks (hobbles) all the way there very slowly, but you can't click on anything else that might catch your interest. How many times have I though, 'damn. what's THAT?!?' then have to wait to get outside and come back into the room.

4. Could do with a few more pointless hotspots to flesh out the scenery. Like the crack in the holding room window. Is it a crack, or did somebody doodle on it with a crayon? Could it say, "There's a crack but it's unbreakable. You ain't getting out that way, bozo. Still, it's lettin' some air in."?

5. The doctor gives me the sh-ts. On the first day she demands that you go find Janine to get a weapon (where did Janine get the weapons anyway? I missed that.) and says that she can't help you because she's TOO BUSY. But you go out in the hallway and she's fricken standing there doing NOTHING. Okay, so she's the poster-girl for middle management, but as a NPC she's a little shallow. Maybe an animation of her twiddling her thumbs?

And, again, she tells Canning to shut it when he tries to tell DeCabe about Sam's work, but then she goes and leaves DeCabe alone with Canning in the Holding room - even telling him to INTERROGATE Canning. Lucky for her Canning doesn't, but does it seem plausible that she would let you ask about her when she's so secretive? mmm.

6. Okay, I admit it. The interface also gives me the sh-ts. It takes two clicks to do anything. Right-click object to open control panel then click desired action. It was klunky in 7 days and it's clunky now. Could there be some kind of shortcuts? e.g. double-click left button for look, double-click right to use? Or using the middle mouse button? Or some kind of menu option which allows you to right-click to change icons (as per default AGS game?) Just a though.

7. About the music - if you press Escape to skip the fade-in title and start a new game, the rising opening crescendo continues while you're examining the room - which seems a little disjoint. You might want to StopMusic() on new game.

8. Canning's room, when you finally get him out of it - hotspot for desk says there's "nothing much of interest on it" but the computer is very much of interest, isn't it?

Anyway, that's just my 2c. Make of it what you will. I really looked forward to this game and I'm not setting out to find faults with it, but I'm not about to sugarcoat the flaws when, with a little effort, something good could become something great. Other people will find it perfect already and good for them. That's the variety of human perspective. The more info you get the better, I say. I've tried to be constructive. Hope any replies to this are likewise. Over to you.

This post has been edited by fornax: 25 January 2007 - 07:03 AM

#18 User is offline   Snake Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Guitar<br />Art<br />Working on &quot;The Legend of Leitor's Edge&quot;

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:08 AM

Sweet! Just downloaded 5 seconds ago, and can't wait to play!
I bet it slaps the cats ass, Yahtz!

--Snake

#19 User is offline   ankewl Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:15 AM

Where do I find the keycard in day 2...

#20 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:26 AM

Answered your question in the spoiler topic, please ask for hints there.

#21 User is offline   Mr Jimmy Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:39 AM

This may sound strange but...

Im stuck on day one.

I'm out of the bed and looking for the women who has the guns. I've looked in everyroom and found two locked rooms. HELP!

#22 User is offline   David-kyo Icon

• Goatboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:None of your business.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:51 AM

If you go right or left in the corridor, then enter the bedroom, you should be able to find her.

This post has been edited by David-kyo: 25 January 2007 - 07:53 AM

#23 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

I'm stuck on the third day, trying to get Dr Hartys badge, crazy lady won't come out... what now?

This post has been edited by Chyld: 25 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#24 User is offline   fornax Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:07 AM

Ugh. A fix-the-fusebox puzzle?!? With the wire found conveniently early in the game? A bit passe, isn't it? Especially in the distant future?
Apart from being the most overused puzzle in adventure gaming we also have circuit-breakers NOW. In the future with all the money the Order is spending on the joint surely they can afford a circuit breaker circa 2007. Or the future equivalent.
They have a 'privacy shield' force-field for Chzo's sake!

#25 User is offline   Mr Jimmy Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

"You should go left or right and then find her in the bedroom"

Thats what a friend said but the room with a little bed pic next to it is locked tight....

I've tried it on a different computer as well...

Pleas help....SOS

#26 User is offline   fornax Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:17 AM

There's a SPOILERS thread here (http://www.chefelf.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6001) for crying out loud. Sheesh.

Now back to 6 days - okay, so he's an invalid, fallen down an elevator shaft and all. Just recovered from a broken neck (somehow) but really.. SEX?!? Come on. Let's just say he's pretty spry for a semi-dead guy.

Any another thing - it's just occurred to me: these adventures take 5, 6 and 7 days. But what the heck do the characters eat!? What do they drink?!? Anybody seen a cafeteria around here?! Oh, yeah. The kitchen with the LOCKED fridge. Guess it's lucky for them each day is only minutes long, or they'd starve.

This post has been edited by fornax: 25 January 2007 - 08:22 AM

#27 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:18 AM

You have found the orange blast door, right? If not, keep going beyond the edge of the corridor, there's another "room" off screen.

There's a SPOILERS thread here (http://www.chefelf.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6001) for crying out loud. Sheesh.
Yeah, but some of us don't want the ending spoiled when we're just trying to find out, say, how to get the photo ID. Use some sense, yo.

Harty ID, anyone?

This post has been edited by Chyld: 25 January 2007 - 08:20 AM

Less Is More v4

#28 User is offline   fornax Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jan 25 2007, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have found the orange blast door, right? If not, keep going beyond the edge of the corridor, there's another "room" off screen.

Yeah, but some of us don't want the ending spoiled when we're just trying to find out, say, how to get the photo ID. Use some sense, yo.

Harty ID, anyone?

That doesn't even make sense. As soon as your question about the Harty Id is answered you're spoiling it for everybody else who isn't up to there yet. Yo.

#29 User is offline   ankewl Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Spoon how did you do that pick axe part??

This post has been edited by ankewl: 25 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

#30 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:43 AM

Well, some clever people have quoted the offending request and declared SPOILERS, which seems to be as clever an idea as any.

Less Is More v4

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size