Chefelf.com Night Life: the kabal of old technology - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

the kabal of old technology have old tech? got questions? post here, felow collectors of old tech

#46 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

That thing sounds awesome, man! It sucks that it died on you, though. These things were made really poorly from the mid '70s to the mid '80s and pretty much fell out of popularity after that.

On another similar topic, an interesting old technology note is the "Theremin." The theremin was invented by Leon Theremin of Russia in the 1920s, and he predicted that every home in the world would have one by the end of the century. This was, obviously, not the case. Theremins are fun and easy to build, and I have done so myself. If you search Google, you will definately find several sites selling kits.
fear me!!!!!!!! i am the gecko... vampire... dude. so... just fear my wrath, okay? just fear it goddamnit! fear!!!!!!! caffine is gooooooooooood.

#47 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:49 AM

I watched Robert Moog give a theremin demonstration on TV a few years ago. I'm also friends with a theremin artist who has released an EP on my label, and collaborated with me a few times. The theremin is one of those instruments that I am interested in, but never remember to look into actually saving up and getting one.

#48 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

no new (old) tech. to report.

but I will say that in my opinion, the theremin is simply awesome. If you happen to have an Mp3 of the theremin artist who recorded on yer label, post it, man!
fear me!!!!!!!! i am the gecko... vampire... dude. so... just fear my wrath, okay? just fear it goddamnit! fear!!!!!!! caffine is gooooooooooood.

#49 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

Wolf's Clothing Records Profile

Myspace Profile

She's extremely talented, in my opinion.

#50 User is offline   Spann Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:42 AM

I didn't know you ran a label, Hecc...

I've message you via myspace with some of the racket I make, see what you think.
"There comes a time in every person's life when they should learn to shut up. It is called 'birth'."

-The League Against Tedium

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size