Chefelf.com Night Life: the kabal of old technology - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

the kabal of old technology have old tech? got questions? post here, felow collectors of old tech

#16 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:19 PM

I have not asked this before, but with the static, can a Van De Graff generator flexibly charge Rechargeable batteries if given a ground?

I am unsure about the policy on cursing people.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 16 May 2006 - 12:30 PM

#17 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:52 AM

Well, deepsycher, i do not know about the Van De Graff, but i think so! you could probably test it by building your own. I can e-mail you a microsoft word document with the plans. If you should want to know these plans, and many others, including the infamous "spud gun" just shoot me an e-mail @ tekman@techie.com send it today!

Sorry, i got paid to say that... \$$ / in the words of the '70s disco (uuuhhhhggggghhh) group "abba" money money money!!!!!!! peace out.
fear me!!!!!!!! i am the gecko... vampire... dude. so... just fear my wrath, okay? just fear it goddamnit! fear!!!!!!! caffine is gooooooooooood.

#18 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Ah forgot to respond, one day I might be interested to experiment but now I am too occupied.

Do you deal with old stereo equipment?

#19 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:57 PM

That i do, deepsycher. I have recently restored an old 8track/preamp/speaker/turntable that i grabbed from the basement of a local school. I also found a large cache of portable record players from the 1970's that are woth over $110! And not that, i also found more than 8 televisions! sweet. cool.gif. I do not, however, do repairs upon request. i am raising money for space for a museum so i cannot waste any time on showing my excitement for working for peanuts... i do however NEED CASH! anyway, i do indeed work on stereo equipment, and i have done almost too much typing today... \^^ / \/ peace out, yo!
fear me!!!!!!!! i am the gecko... vampire... dude. so... just fear my wrath, okay? just fear it goddamnit! fear!!!!!!! caffine is gooooooooooood.

#20 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:46 PM

I still have my comodore 64, aswell as a laptop from the early 1990's and my first computer from the early 1990's. I sold my SNES recently, I still have my PlayStation and N64, I still have my original gameboy, still works too. Infact, I have an example of every GameBoy ever made, I have: GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Color, all the way through. Apart from the Advance Micro and the new DS mini thing. I have many retro PC games, right back to mid-80's.

#21 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:18 PM

And... you apparently have had too much money.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

#22 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

Fantastic, I have:
Technics 616 cassette deck
The problem is after I record I hear a high pitched sound on the right when playing back. Until turning it off and on. The recording seems to turn out okay I just want to get rid of that sound.

Yamaha Natural Sound Cassette Deck K-300: A round spring has fallen out at the bottom, now it plays the tapes fast. Still trying to find where that spring goes.

Technics SU-V 505 Amplifier
JVC A-X30 Stereo amplifier
Rotel RA-612 Amplifier. Pre Amp, Treble and Base left and right adjustment.
For the tuner: Sony Quartz Lock Digital Syntheszer Direct Comparator

For speakers:

B&O 3000
Wharfedale Super Lintons
Wharfedale Lintons 3XP
Celestion Ditton 15XR

Have you seen these before?

Now I got most of these for peanuts down second hand stalls.

I also acquired a Garrard 100 record player when I was working in a basement voluntarily. Shamefully I did not think and a lot of older wooden record players caught light when I plugged them in. I use to repair printers and smaller devices but not good at soldering boards.

I don't mind paying a good amount of money for a quality job. Sadly it looks like I live a long way away from you judging by the currency for that to happen.

Ah computers:

I got an old IBM 8595 server, MCA bus, Intel 486 DX2 66 MHz with 16 megabytes of ecc memory. According to the label of the two scsi drives, they were manufactured in 1988 and they still work. The power supply is massive. I think the output is around 400 watts and the weight of the case is 18 kilograms. I was looking around for a Pentium 60 type 4 processor board to go inside but they seem so rare to get.

Toshiba 4900 CT laptop. The display is so responsive but I am not sure which type of lcd.
Black and White 486 Zenith data systems laptop
A large collection of old ISA and PCI boards I have been studying

So you are wanting to open up a Space museum.
If you do I am interested in learning about the circuit boards and functions.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 08 June 2006 - 03:46 PM

#23 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

What do you mean, Deepsycher? Where are you? come to think of it... where the |-|3|| am I? huh.gif I mean... w.t.f. mate! as that strange flash toon would say. anyway, i'm moderately sure that i'm in M.A. somewhere... still not quite sure... anyhoo, i may know what that high-pitched noise (screech? wail?) is. It could be simply that the recording switch causes a speaker disconnect, thus causing that wierd sound. On the subject of the yamaha, i'm completely clueless... wacko.gif by the way, i just came in to possession of a pair of interesting devices: a jet hockey air hockey set from 197? and an eumig 8mm camera from 1957-9. also, anyone here ever used match rockets? those things are totally awesome! (rock on! 1......9......8.......5) instructions are available from either me or google. jusr e-mail me! and i'll send you any of my plans for free!

#24 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:54 AM

Rather not state my location here. After recording the screeching noise starts to occur when I play back which shows on the right indicator. It stops doing that after turning it off and back on. Recording triggers it.

http://www.vintagete...s616catalog.jpg

A 1978 model, it is similar to this but not an RS series and there is a little "Timer Stand By switch" with a picture of a clock alongside where the tape controls are on the right.

I don't think it is my amplifiers, I plug it through the line in of the sound card as I have the three amplifiers connected. he heads do need cleaning. Back years ago when I had use for it the recordings were brilliant such as the detail.

Never heard of match rockets before but sounds interesting for me to try as I like to experiment on elements using fire. Recently I have seen some old cameras around in second hand shops. So many I have seen use their own kinds of film cartridges.

For the air hockey set is it fixed to a table?

I am very pleased with the sound quality. Have you heard of SRS 3D?

The Aztech 2320 sound/28.8k modem card has it built in as hardware.
Because of the ISA interface I loop the other sound cards through it, then into another sound card with two channel output, and out to the main one I use into another two channel sound card.

I can hear the background details and sounds I can't normally hear so clearly ontop. I tried to do the same with an equalizer to get the same effects but it seems to distort. I brought the Aztech 2320 second hand years ago. I just didn't realize the quality at first due to the small cheap speakers that kept on distorting until connecting it to the quality amplifier and large speakers and it sounded worthwhile since then.

Now I see that it isn't the watts but the ohms, the size of the cone or frequency that is needed.

This post has been edited by Deepsycher: 11 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

#25 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:36 AM

I only have time to explain match rockets. long story short: place pin on match, wrap match head/pin in aluminum foil, remove pin, light match head in tinfoil w/ bbq lighter, watch the fun/mayhem/fire! it works because fire is basically got gasses, and containing those gasses causes an explosion. Forcing an explosion to be pushed out of a little hole causes a rocket! WARNING: these get HOT! and they cannot be controlled. hot tinfoil + uncontrollable flight = pain to those who stand before it!

#26 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Post icon  Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:58 AM

greetings. i will not be posting for a few weeks as i am going on holiday to avoid going absolutly insane.

new old tech:

a few more laserdiscs

a tty machine

peace out.

#27 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

Well I went to clear off someone's leftovers which is a rare opportunity for me.

The old stuff I found are:
I got some HP printers but the models are recent.

Canon FC 230 portable black and white photo copier. Prints perfectly and plenty of ink left.

Panasonic WV CL350 Colour camera on an old pan tilt unit. The control board connects to a telephone. The person who gave it to me may carefully help to get it working as for no instructions, name or marking on the terminals other than the old wires that were cut off. I have big plans for that.

JVC Time Lapse video with alarm outputs. Slight picture problems and manual tracking, maybe the heads need cleaning. I have another time lapse recorder in working condition which is a Mitsubishi HS 5300 but I cannot find any manual or instructions for the alarm connections at the back.

#28 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:17 PM

woohoo! im back guys, and... um... i have only a few old kajiggers...

an old walkman,

an old alarm clock,

an old keyboard w/ baseline scale buttons and 21 key keyboard-thingey

and, i dont know if i mentioned this or not, but an old eumig electric r 16mm camera

and a not so lod thingee, a tippmann 98 custom paintball marker... fuuunnn..... >:) heh

n e way, i dont have too much time... i gotta go... contact me by aim if you ned me, or use E-mail

This post has been edited by ringorocks24: 22 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

#29 User is offline   ringorocks24 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

and, i just got an old N.E.S. at a store near my house that i will now shamelessly plug:

if you're in allston, ma or somewhere near there, go to cheap chic for all your old technology needs!

if you end up going, n e 1 say hi to the creepy "fat" guy 4 me... hes a friend o mine

#30 User is offline   Deepsycher Icon

• Giantness of Heart

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

I might have some pictures of old sound boards to post here. I am not sure about the interface but judging by the soldiering style on the board to me it looks old.

I am curious about that old baseline keyboard.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size