• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Paladin @ Jun 25 2004, 12:51 AM)
My favorite.

Reason #21
Representative Binks
Apparently the reason that this Galactic Republic has stood for 1,000 years is because of the great rules they have in place. One such rule is that if you don't feel like going to the Senate you can just have your completely unqualified fool of a friend just fill in for you and decide the fate of the entire Galaxy.

Just say the last two lines in a serious tone and you'll know why it's my favorite. tongue.gif

Yeah, that's my favorite from Clones too. In fact, it is so intensely insulting that I now doubt George could have found a more horrible way to include Jar Jar. yell.gif yell.gif yell.gif

#17 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Paladin @ Jun 25 2004, 06:51 AM)
My favorite.

Reason #21
Representative Binks
Apparently the reason that this Galactic Republic has stood for 1,000 years is because of the great rules they have in place. One such rule is that if you don't feel like going to the Senate you can just have your completely unqualified fool of a friend just fill in for you and decide the fate of the entire Galaxy.

Just say the last two lines in a serious tone and you'll know why it's my favorite. tongue.gif

This one reminds me of one of the few things Chefelf missed: Palpatine claims that the Republic has stood for 1,000 years. However, in Episode IV Obi-Wan tells Luke that the Jedi protected the Republic for a thousand generations - which would be more like 20-25,000 years. Of all the blatant continuity errors in the prequels, this was the one that most immediately jumped out at me.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:05 AM

That's a pretty big continuity error. I missed it myself because my senses were being assaulted by so many different travesties that it was impossible to take ALL of them in.

#19 User is offline   superrepus Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:35 PM

You would think all the money that was spent on the piece of shit GL calls Episode I, the movie would be at least free of editing inconsistencies. For example, when Maul force pushes Obi-wan into that pit during their duel. Maul uses his right hand to perform the force push with his saber in his left. On the very next camera shot, it shows him with his saber in his right hand and force pushing with his left. It is so obvious. The movie is bad enough without this kind of crap. Don't even get me started on why someone would want to mount a turbo laser on a starship in their own hangar aimed inward. Has anyone else noticed this force push thing?

#20 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 25 June 2004 - 10:14 PM

I can't say I have but I'll take your word for it. Either you've got a hell of a good memory for details or you've seen the movie more than once. Once was enough for me - and too much for me as well.

But you're right - with all the other shit that's wrong with it, Episode I really doesn't need editing inconsistencies as well.

#21 User is offline   Commoner Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

Don't even get me started on why someone would want to mount a turbo laser on a starship in their own hangar aimed inward. Has anyone else noticed this force push thing?

Hahaha!! Funny you mention that, I forced myself to watch TPM last night in the effort to find something "likeable," but... I, too, laughed at a laser inside the hangar bay. Not too smart. Why would you want to damage your ship from the inside? I mean a lot of ships in SW REALLY BLOW UP when you shoot them. Was the Republic Cruiser low on gas or something that it didn't explode as much.

Generally, a bad idea. Wouldn't it have made more sense to board the ship and take the captain and co-pilot captive?

I don't know. It all just piles on and piles on, that it becomes harder and harder to find 'good' in these films.

I still maintain, though, that Lucas good ideas/concepts. He just has bad execution and doesn't have logical thought when putting things together. He needed to be a little more selective and discriminating.

#22 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:21 AM

Commoner! You've registered!!!! ohmy.gif

Finally. Welcome to the club. A lot of people will be pleased to see this. You've made a lot of great posts in your unregistered days. It's good to know that you'll be coming by the forum a lot more in the future. Welcome, welcome, welcome. smile.gif

#23 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:27 AM

Now that I'm looking around, it seems like you've registered earlier. And you were registered when you made this thread that I've replied to before as well....

... I guess I must have missed something or wasn't paying enough attention.

But still, welcome all the same (even if this welcome message is a little late).

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size