Starwars Offical forums It's time to fight back

#1 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:19 PM

Oh people of Chefelf.com hear my cries

I've attempted one last time to go to the starwars forums. You can see my posting in the FEEDBACK FORUM under the alias of "ImissKurtz" the topic 'being honest'. They won't let me back on!!!

Take up were I failed. Go and post and debate, bring back superfans to the chef forums. Go Go, do something, it's your duty.

Go post a topic, talk about any subject you want. Boba Fett, the crappy love story, ANYTHING.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 23 June 2004 - 05:55 AM

Oh no, I'm not venturing in there...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:26 AM

A nifty little exchange from SW Forums:
"2. The events of Episode 1 doesn`t in any way shape the rest of the 5 films. Except from the discovery of Anakin Skywalker, the entire saga could have easily been shuffled, putting the events of Episode II into Episode I. For example with the Clone Wars erupting in Episode I."

Again--wow. You do understand that it was important for us to see how the commerence factions of the Republic become disenchanted with the government and try to break away, why clones are superior to droids, how Palpatine became ruler, how the climate of the galaxy changed so much in the time between TPM and AOTC. Seriously--don't you see how these things are important for the saga? If not, take another look--a close look. It is there. 

SW Forums - Will TPM Be Better Embraced Over Time?

Hmmm. Now it all makes perfect sense. I love TPM!

--FW

#4 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:17 PM

...and another...

The Prequel Trilogy will be better embraced over time, because it has the same problems found in the classic trilogy such as:

Wooden acting so far in the PT films.

Bad storytelling.

Overuse of SFX.

Anyone that does not see the above in the classic trilogy is fooling themselves.

and again...

To me it is just two categories.

Negative Jerks, and Reasonable Fans.

They don't have to love everything to be a "reasonable fan", but if all they are doing is focusing on the negative, then they are just negative jerks. 

ruddy brilliant...

All of the Star Wars films have faired better with time. The original Star Wars film got terrible reviews--but the kids loved it and lined up to see it again and again. It was many years before critics began to call it a good movie or a great movie. It was originally panned as just a special effects banaza with a tired story and bad acting--but now it appears on many "greatest films of all time" lists.

The additional material in the movie on the TPM DVD helped the movie along. I hope they restore the deleted scenes from the disc because they are all needed as well. I understand Lucas has written additional material for Episodes I, IV, V and VI that he will film and insert into the movies to helpt tie them all together. This could help as well. I have watched TPM many times and it gets much better with subsequent viewings.

OTRA VEZ!!!...

Exactly, it's there if you -want- to see it.

I just think that there are some "fans" who strive to misunderstand the prequels as much as they possibly can.

Then they act like that is Lucas' fault, when really it is their poor attitude and refusal to work with George. 

Oh, no more, my sides ache with laughter.

--FW

#5 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:24 PM

I don't think this is right.

Some people like the new movies and they have poor taste, but let them congregate in peace. If someone from there wandered in here y'all would be on him like jackals. They will show you even less mercy for ragging on their stupid movies. Just let it go.

#6 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

I'm not trying to bring them back. As a matter of fact I'd prefer that they stay in their delusional galaxy far, far away. I just find their comments to be a laugh-riot.

--FW

#7 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:12 PM

They are pretty lame people, Laura, who feel that they have to like any movie by George and can't accept that he could possibly make a bad move. Fucking idiots are two words that describe them adequetly. Morons is another good word for them.

And yes, if they did come here, we would be all over them like jackals. But I agree with Ferris. I'm quite happy as long as they stay the hell away.

And Jordan, just don't go over there. It's only going to aggravate you and frustrate you that there are so many dickheads who like the prequels (the fact that they block you if you say anything otherwise).

Stay here. It's much nicer.

#8 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:49 PM

They are fucking assholes! I was treated with the highest form of contempt when I posted there.

I only had two big arguements going. Boba Fett and the Love Story. My Boba fett post was sincere. I just asked "why is he in the film, and how does he at all have an integral role in the saga" I posted in the afternoon, and by late evening i had over 30 replies!!!!!!! All of them save one where calling me "soft" insulting names.

They broke the rules as much as I, but I was the only one ban. Ok I swore at one guy.

It was a lot of fun though. I enjoyed debating with them. And since I can't go there, I figured they could come here.

I know for a fact that at leat 5 other people here would welcome them. Well 3 at least, I thought Ferris and JYAMG would have enjoyed debating them, but I was wrong.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 23 June 2004 - 07:51 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#9 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:24 PM

Let's sick Rory on 'em. rolleyes.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:04 PM

stuck my toe in today, to read the temperature of their forum.

nothing I'd want to be swimming in. looks pretty deep, too.

#11 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:24 AM

I shall go to cleanse the land of the infidels!!! Although it'd be pretty cool to have Rory with me, hell between the two of us we could likely argue any of them under the tables.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:52 AM

ST.com sucks for limiting me to 1000 characters. This is my post before I had to mutilate it and its in the forum about the villain in the third movie. Apparently they really ARE adding a robotic villain. That's three bullshit pointless made-to-die villains in three movies. Not counting Jango Fett.

I truly do hope you're all not serious about a robot killing off all the jedi, that's Vader's job. I don't see why they have to keep introducing lame villains all the time anyhow. Darth Maul was a nothing character and the jedi barely had any reason to fight him. Can anyone tell me what the heck he was doing on Naboo or why the Jedi had to duel him there? The fight didnt even involve dialogue!

And count Dooku was horribly done. The scene where he "tempts" Obi wan (and I use the word loosely) has absolutely nothing on the originals. Moreover he has a stupid name and any confusion about whether he was good or evil was removed when Lucas named him "Count". And the temptation of Obi Wan wasn't even very tempting, I mean it basically amounted to "Join me." "No" "Ok"

Also the inclusion of Jango Fett the bounty hunter (who incidentally never seems to get a bounty on anyone or do much hunting) was attrocious. Why even bother giving Boba a backstory and waste time that should have been used making Anakin a believable character? We're not supposed to sympathize with the kid but we're not supposed to outright despise him.

Anakin has no business being a villain anyhow. What is his motivation? How does the arguably endearing child from ep1 become the force choking phsycopath from the OT? Is it because he couldn't find a speeder he liked?

The best villain for ep3 is Anakin, but not the whiney adolescent we've been seeing. Give him a reason to kill people that's real and has emotion and feeling attached to it. Otherwise you're just going to end up with another nothing character that the audience could care less about.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#13 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:43 AM

The accepted tactic in SW forums is to double post with a note saying read the rest in the following post.

That was brilliant. You summed up alot in one post. I'm going to follow this. Look foreward to the replies.

#14 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:49 AM

Where abouts did you post that? I what is your SW forum name?

#15 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

Sorry to disappoint you Jordan. I like arguing with people. But arguing with brick walls and morons is just a waste of time.

Let's sick Rory on 'em. 

That'd be great. Rory has an unrelenting fervour to his debates that would tire and break the most stubborn of them. He may not be able to change their minds (you would probably need to administer lobotomies for that) but he could probably stop them from ever posting on an online forum again.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size