Chefelf.com Night Life: Somebody needs to stop George Lucas right now! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Somebody needs to stop George Lucas right now!

#1 User is offline   steje73 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:26 PM

Go on George, piss on everyones chips some more why don't you?

http://www.empireonl...y.asp?NID=27337

#2 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

Taking the cutesy-cutesy Hasbro toys as inspiration, the target audience will be the pre-school demographic. At least we assume it will be - IESB reports that the show is going under the working title 'Squishies'. Even the Muppet Babies would have baulked at that.

Pre-schoolers? Considering the rapid advancements in CGI tech, it should be come increasingly easier to produce a sci-fi action TV show based in the Star Wars universe with good effects on a moderate budget. Why not target the more lucrative markets of the 18-50 demographic, since those are the people who are more familiar with the franchise and with a ton more cash to dole out.

The only explanation is that, with all the re-releases he's had and modifications, as well as Hollywood's love affair with remaking movies... I think what they're trying to do now is not reboot the series, but reboot the audience! Who cares for the adults who saw them in the theater in the late 70's and early 80's? Or kids growing up in the late 80's and early 90's who had the original, unaltered movies on VHS and watched them religiously, then paid big bucks to see the prequels? It doesn't matter. Get the new generation, get them as young as possible, hook them on so they'll be religious fans of your stuff as they grow up.

That's why I gave up being a Star Wars fan years ago. This doesn't affect me, really, as I haven't seen the movies in 5 years and have no plans on ever doing so again.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size