Chefelf.com Night Life: The Mac - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

The Mac OSX

#1 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 05:11 PM

Man, I'm digging this result of the insurance replacement. Now I can download from itunes, (the finn bros ep is in the top ten dls) burn to cd and rock out instead of dragging on a zip disc to work to burn a disk. (at work it's still OS9 so no itunes downloads.)

any other mac users out there? works for me.

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

I want an iBook. I mean, you don't even understand how badly I want one. Sadly, it will not be, since I have not the $1500+ to get one.

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 20 June 2004 - 01:36 AM

do you have to have a laptop? new emacs are G4 OSX models that start around $700. If you can find a discontinued notebook it's still got potential for (probably) far less than $1500, right? What do you need your computer for? do you have access to software? I don't want you to settle for less than what you really want. I wanted a 17" imac with super-drive and didn't get one. I did get an emac with the same specs, for $800 less (it is a shiny, brand new machine. smile.gif ) and for graphics, the flat panel crt screens are better depth-wise (for now) than lcd monitors.

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:29 AM

I'd be looking for a laptop because my desktop system does everything I need right now. I want a laptop anyway, and I want a mac...so....you know. More than likely, I'll be getting another Windows-based notebook, since I can get one that's perfectly useable for what I need for around $700.

#5 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:49 AM

I love how the iMac's mouse consists of one, clear button(which acts as a shell on top of the mouse itself)... ahhh, those computers are so fancy, and the screens have a great resolution.

One day... one day I'll get one...

But for now, Windows XP / 2000SE will have to do...
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:05 AM

Just saw new apple ibook g4's starting at $1095, macwarehouse.com

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:02 PM

My mac died from another surge, but now it's back and $45 paid to fix. Warranty covers a year, but this wasn't covered. I know. who cares.

but I really want to transfer my old home movies on vhs to dvd. Does anyone have experience with something that does that? I know, I could google (Mac's native browser has a built in window where you can google at any time) but I'd rather hear it from some smiling pixels round here.

#8 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:39 PM

You might want to get a battery back up system.. they tend to level out the lines better than a surge protector

as for the movies.. looks at products from dazzel.
Also the iSight from apple can do it too.

#9 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:40 PM

I'm starting to get used to a Mac now, thanks to my Graphic Arts program. I love OSX, but Messenger really sucks on it. No profile pictures?! Whaaa!?!

That Force Quit command is a God among commands.

When I'm done my class on Mac troubleshooting, I'll try to help out with...whatever. lol
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:27 AM

Apple slated to release a $500 system.

Article on the Apple

#11 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:55 PM

Didn't they already do that with the eMacs?

#12 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:59 PM

Emacs start at around $900. And those only read cds. they do include monitors (17" flat) and can be built with dvd burners (as is mine.)

#13 User is offline   electricprune Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Theremin playing, experimental music, cable access tv, amateur photography, indie film, hula hooping, blueberries, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, walking long distances, psychedelic music

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:09 PM

I was lucky enough to get an iBook for Christmas. I love the Garageband program, I'm looking forward to creating some new experimental noise tracks with it.

The only hassle is that I currently host my music tracks on Acidplanet, which requires its users to use the .wma format. I can still convert tracks on my PC, then transfer them later to my MAC, but it'll just be a more exhausting process now. I just want everything to be compatible, dammit!

They do have a Windows Media Player for MAC, so luckily I can still listen to stuff on AP, but I'm not aware of any wma converters out there. Anybody know if they exist?

Also, can anybody suggest any MAC friendly music hosting sites? I probably won't abandon AP altogether, but it would be nice to explore some new avenues.

#14 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:01 PM

Well that's good, part of it anyway. Sorry for your conflict. I'm finally writing music and getting started with that Garage Band program, not with the greatest progress. Please let us know how things work out.

#15 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:22 PM

Macs are so pretty! They look really carefully designed, and they seem to have good multimedia editing programs as well. I hope to become more familiar with that OS since I really know nothing about it.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size