Chefelf.com Night Life: How C3PO was a wasted opportunity - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

How C3PO was a wasted opportunity

#16 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

I just saw the trivia page for Star Wars: A New Hope on IMDB, and when I speculated that R2 might have been using rather foul language and possibly insulting the people around him, I was correct according to this tidbit.

In early drafts of the script, R2-D2 could speak standard English, and had a rather foul vocabulary. Although all of Artoo's English speech was removed, many of C-3PO's reactions to it were left in.

http://www.imdb.com/...t0076759/trivia

I'm guessing that a 'special edition' of Star Wars with R2's lines being subtitled with some smart-ass comments and quips is long overdue.

#17 User is offline   Toru-chan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Serious: Good point, Paladin. Could have turned it into a completely different movie. A zillion cybersynapses clicking away on a knowledgebank filled with facts about culture and psychology: A really good Protocol droid could have had the emperor eating out of his hand.

Humour: Maybe Lucas can redub C3PO to fulfill this storyline in yet a later edition. Imagine the CGI potential when C3PO tricks Palpatine into break dancing.

This post has been edited by Toru-chan: 02 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size