Chefelf.com Night Life: How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die?

Poll: How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die?

How would you like to see Jar Jar Binks die?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:36 AM

We may never see Jar Jar Binks die in a George Lucas production but we can certainly imagine it ourselves. I saw a great thing on the internet where they did it Pulp Fiction style. Samuel L Motherfucking Jackson - I mean, Mace Windu - had his Pulp Fiction afro hair, Obi Wan was also in the car and Jar Jar was the guy who got his head blown off as the car ran over a speed bump. It was pretty funny.

Anyway, what do you lot think?

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:43 AM

Shouldn't there be an option for 'All at once'?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 04 June 2004 - 06:15 AM

Hmmm... let's see how we can do this.

Obi Wan finds Jar Jar trailing behind him as he goes for a walk through a Coruscant rooftop garden. Seeing Amidala isn't around, he slashes a few good cuts through Jar Jar and kicks him off the roof.

Using the force, Obi Wan makes Jar Jar just barely survive his fall. He lands on a road and gets immediately taken out by a land speeder but isn't quite dead as Obi Wan is using the force to make the experience as horrible as he can for Jar Jar.

And then a crowd of people who suffered through the sequels descend upon Jar Jar with batons and beat the crap out of him before one guy shouts "Stand back!".

The crowd stand back and this guy blows Jar Jar into tiny pieces with a rocket launcher that was originally designed to blow Capital Warships out of orbit.

Done! cool.gif

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

I'd like to see him written out of the series from the get go. Face it, Lucas is going to revise TPM and re-release it at some point. And he's shown no qualms about re-writing and affecting major plot points. General plot annoyance wouldn't be missed. (maybe he could get his own 9-part movie vehicle in a galaxy not really far away if he's such an important and cherished character.)

#5 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:30 AM

Why should we waste time on poor Jar-Jar? It's not his fault the PT sucked. Kill the creator not the creation. Kill the real guy responsible for this travesty.

The real question is

"How would you like to see George Lucas die?"

#6 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:10 AM

The real question is

All of the above.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 04 June 2004 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Jun 4 2004, 09:30 AM)

by the hands of Itchy and Scratchy. On the big screen.

#8 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:14 PM

You know what, Jar-Jar wasn't the worst part of the movie. For all his weaknesses (and yes, there were many, many weaknesses) at least he was colorful. At least he was an ATTEMPT to bring life to an utterly lifeless movie. I enjoyed, or at least tolerated more, the scenes he was in than the scenes Amidala was in. I'll take over-the-top horrible performances over horribly wooden performances anyday. So I don't really care if he dies. I am much more looking forward to that pussy Anakin getting his ass kicked.

#9 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:21 PM

You know what, Jar-Jar wasn't the worst part of the movie. For all his weaknesses (and yes, there were many, many weaknesses) at least he was colorful. At least he was an ATTEMPT to bring life to an utterly lifeless movie. I enjoyed, or at least tolerated more, the scenes he was in than the scenes Amidala was in. I'll take over-the-top horrible performances over horribly wooden performances anyday. So I don't really care if he dies. I am much more looking forward to that pussy Anakin getting his ass kicked.

I also believe that jar-JAr is sometimes unfairly used as a vessel for peoples hatred of the PTs.

Jar-Jar did not single handedly ruin episode I. H didn't help it either. If presented properly and written properly, the Jar-Jar character could have been an interesting addition to the pantheon of Star Wars characters.

IMO, the main problem with Jar-Jar is that his character is unnecessary.

#10 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Mike Mac from NYU @ Jun 4 2004, 02:21 PM)

I also believe that jar-JAr is sometimes unfairly used as a vessel for peoples hatred of the PTs.

Jar-Jar did not single handedly ruin episode I. H didn't help it either. If presented properly and written properly, the Jar-Jar character could have been an interesting addition to the pantheon of Star Wars characters.

IMO, the main problem with Jar-Jar is that his character is unnecessary.

I actually read an article one time about JarJar being the real "Hero of a Thousand Faces" of the PT. The person made a side-by-side comparison of JarJar to Luke Skywalker and nearly built a compelling case... until I realized that I was almost going to give Lucas credit for an accident.

--FW

#11 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:03 AM

I'm not so sure just having his head blown off at close range would be nearly enough... Anyone remember that sequence with Marseilles, the boxer and the two Hillbillys? I think Jar Jar would make a fantastic gimp.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#12 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:49 AM

Don't know actually, I'll bet he'd be pretty hard to kill.
However, the Rasputin assortment would be amusing.

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:18 AM

I'll bet he'd be pretty hard to kill.

You could be right, Despondent. Maybe he looks as tacky as he does because gungans are made of plasticine (like Gumby). Or maybe gungans are made of a stretchy elastic rubber substance. Again, this would make Jar Jar difficult to kill.

However, it would allow for him to be thrown from a great height numerous times! cool.gif

#14 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 06:20 AM

We won't see him die. All the kids in the audience will freak out. And clearly, kids are the audience Lucas targeted this time around.

Jar Jar will probably fly off to a galaxy even further away, and get promoted to supreme God or something else equally as ridiculous. Oh ya, he will also step in some bantha shit.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#15 User is offline   Mike Mac from NYU Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:54 PM

How do you get run over by a landspeeder????????? unsure.gif

It hovers above the ground by a good 6 yards(?) . Luke drove the thing over the rocky terrains of Tatooine.

Jar-Jar has pretty good reflexes. I am sure he would duck the minute one comes by him.

I think what you want is for Jar-Jar to be stomped to a pulp, by an Imperial Walker while being strapped down. wink.gif wink.gif

But alas, I abhor this distateful violence for a character that was just simply a product of CGI and bad writing on Lucas parts.

Now, Anakin Skywalker is a person that deserves to be lightsaber whipped.

I would love to see Mace Windau give Anakin the bitch slapping he so rightly deserves. yell.gif

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size