Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hi "Heccubus" ...Hi "Heccubus"

#1 Guest_Phil._*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:45 PM

Hey man, what's going on?

...Just read you're in-depth review over Die Hard Loser's first album "Getting by With DIY". You really know how to cut up a band that doesn't care too much about how good the quality of their album is. A band that doesn't care too much about making money or being liked by nice people such as yourself. I know you hate the album and all, cause we sound bad, the quality is bad, it costs $2 (oh god), and our album title "is the stupidest bloody thing I've ever heard". But tell me, did you listen to any of the lyrics? Have you seen us live? Have you even seen us at all before you decided to say "trying to look like they're hardcore"? If you've listen to any of the lyrics at all (I know, they are hard to make out with the bad quality of the cd, but hey, what do you expect from a group of losers who don't really care too much for what you think), we're totally against the whole "image" thing. Glad you enjoyed the song titles a lot, but what about the message each song is trying to convey? Anyways, I'm done. And I'm not gonna say I don't have the time to keep writing, cause I do - I just don't care that much. So good luck with the whole "breaking up with my girlfriend" thing (sounds rough man), have a nice day.

Later,
Phil.

P.S. - Almost forgot - I appreciate the review/criticism and all, but it really would have been nice to have a name to go along with it...

#2 Guest_Phil._*

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:02 PM

Wait, a few more things...

"...write songs about how "punk" they are..." - nice, but which song?

"they could be a shitty bar band" - well, we already are a shitty bar band...

"Seriously, these guys are the worst fucking band I've ever heard." - probably true...

"I hope they all die in a horrible van accident." - thanks buddy smile.gif

#3 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:21 AM

Allow me to point out that "If Punk Died, You Killed It" speaks for itself in the field of stupidity simply because of the fact that walking around boldly proclaiming yourself to be punk goes against everything the genre stood for in the first place. I'm glad you're proud of being a terrible band, but the brunt of my argument had almost nothing to do with the sound quality of the CD, but how terrible the music sounded overall. For starters, I don't care whether anyone was interested in making money off of this "album" or not, they shouldn't have charged for it in the first place. It's frightening to even think of someone wanting to pay money for a burned CD with a piece of cardboard in the case.
Admittedly, I suppose I should have said "trying to give the listener the idea that they're 'hardcore'" as opposed to "looking", but oh well. I suppose I should've done a lot of things.
I probably would have written the review in a much less ridiculously venemous manner had I not been in a horrid mood already. Glad you enjoyed it.
Good luck in not sounding awful next time around.

#4 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:25 AM

wub.gif I love you!!!
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#5 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:31 AM

Oh, and PS:
I was being serious. Good luck on not sounding awful. I suppose there may be some potential for half-decent music buried beneath all the bad bits.

#6 Guest_Phil._*

Posted 25 November 2003 - 04:43 PM

When did we proclaim ourselves to be punk? And uh, yeah, I understand the whole thing about the horrid mood. But you didn't answer a bunch of other questions I asked...and it was really nice of you to post our names on the site, as well as our good friend, Mark's. And thanks for calling him an idiot, I'm sure he'd appreciate it coming from a classy guy such as yourself. And what about your name? I mean, yeah, it's alright giving out other peoples names and stuff, but what's wrong with yours? And do you have a band of your own...? If you do, I'm looking forward to hearing some of your material, cause I really wanna know what real music sounds like. No more hard feelings, that's all I have left to say. Thanks for taking the time to write the review for our "album", and thanks especially for taking the time to hear me out. Later.

#7 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 25 November 2003 - 11:04 PM

I'd just like to state now, as part of a kinda-band that Hecc is involved with, that i do not share the sentiments of Hecc. So make sure you spare the innocent.
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#8 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 26 November 2003 - 10:09 AM

I can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or not, since you give the idea that you are, but then say that you want "no hard feelings" and whatnot, so I'm not quite sure how to react.
Anyway, my name is Bryan Hopton. If you were trying to force a name out of me or something, there you have it. Do with it what you will.
As far as the whole "punk" thing, by using the word itself in a song title, the wrong impression comes across. If you're not trying to be a part of the genre, then why talk about it? That just doesn't makes sense to me. The whole "punk's dead" thing seems ridiculous to me in the first place, though, seeing as how it's not like it was ever alive in the first place. As far as any music that I'm involved in, all I'm really working with at this time is a couple of comedy projects. The Lords of Chaos, an over-the-top noise/metal band and Grave Robbers From Space, a cheesy electronica project. If you're truly interested, you can check out both here, as well as Reader's solo project Sliced Bread.
You're welcome, as far as hearing you out. It's nice to have civilized feedback, considering the way you reacted (ie: not like a jackass), my respect for you (as a person) has elevated a great deal. Feel free to drop by any time.
And at the risk of destroying my credibility (and pride):
I AM SORRY FOR OFFENSE THAT WAS TAKEN AS A RESULT OF READING MY ILL-WRITTEN ARTICLE. Here is an artist's interpretation of how I feel about hurting anyone's feelings in all of this: sad.gif
As for your previous questions, I honestly never pay attention to lyrics unless the band comes across as having a legitimate message. For example, I listen to Anti-Flag because the music is half-decent, not because Justin Sane found another way to talk about how much he hates America. Since I found the CD barely listenable, it was hard to focus on any particular lyrical content.
Nice to see someone else around here has a sense of humour, though.
Oh, and my regards to Mark.

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 27 November 2003 - 10:22 AM

KEKEKEKEKEK YOU AER SUPAR SMRATR MRHECCUBSUS HEHEHEHEH I LIKE LEANREDE OFF YOURR SMRTENESS CAUSE UR SMATRT happy.gif KEKEKEK SORBO FOR LIFE

#10 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 27 November 2003 - 11:38 AM

Way to state the obvious.

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Posted 01 December 2003 - 10:49 AM

thanks, I try happy.gif

#12 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2003 - 12:35 PM

You know, Mr. "Guest" for all we know you could be 500 different people. So do us a favour and REGISTER. biggrin.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#13 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 01 December 2003 - 04:14 PM

Maybe he/she IS 500 people! That would certainly help out our traffic.

#14 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 19 December 2003 - 06:55 AM

I never noticed that hec had his own little forum. Nice argument. I read the whole thing and found it to be funny.

I agree, if the music sucks shit then why listen to the lyrics?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#15 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:06 PM

Julian Casablancas of the Strokes once mentioned something about how he doesn't put much effort into writing lyrics because he doesn't feel that lyrics should be the focus of a song. Or something to that extent. I feel the same way in most cases. The odd musician (ie: Bjork or Radiohead) comes along where you just HAVE to listen to the lyrics, but in most cases it isn't the best part of a song.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked