Chefelf.com Night Life: More like The Triplettes of Suckville! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

More like The Triplettes of Suckville! Cuz it sucked!

#1 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:52 AM

Am I the only one who thought this movie was boring as hell. There were 20 words of dialouge and the plot was stretched out. It might have been better as a short piece about 15 minutes or so, but like this it was extremely boring.

#2 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:35 AM

I thought it was quite good actually. Weird, but good. It didn't need dialogue - everything was conveyed through sound effects, facial exp​ressions, and so on.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:42 AM

One good thing was that while (at the academy awards) they were setting up to perform their number, we were treated to about 30 seconds of an orchestral version of "kiss at the end of the rainbow." (from a mighty wind)

the triplets song reminded me a little of the Jabba's place scene. original version.

#4 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2004 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jun 29 2004, 11:42 AM)
One good thing was that while (at the academy awards) they were setting up to perform their number, we were treated to about 30 seconds of an orchestral version of "kiss at the end of the rainbow." (from a mighty wind)

the triplets song reminded me a little of the Jabba's place scene. original version.

How did you get into the Oscars?

#5 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Stongbah @ Jun 29 2004, 09:54 PM)
How did you get into the Oscars?

They were on TV. On several channels.

Anyway, I saw the bit from "A Mighty Wind", Despodent. Eugene Levy looked absolutely hilarious, as I recall.

#6 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Jun 29 2004, 11:03 PM)
They were on TV. On several channels.

I'm quite aware of that. I saw the Oscars and remember the Triplettes song, I don't remember the other song though so I figured it wasn't on tv.

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 02 July 2004 - 03:14 PM

No it's there. I taped it. Mitch and Mickey did their number, then the camera switched to the orchestra pit lest we see the techies on stage preparing for the triplets number. That's when they played the orchestral version of "kiss at the end of the rainbow." The song they would have played at the presention had not ROTK been in that category wink.gif

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size